NFL Players saying they are not getting paid enough?

Coming back to the lockout and the players saying they want to see the books, i looked in to playing some arena football but after the defunct league of the AFL i had to check out some salaries.

Before the year off arena players could make up to 120,000 a year. The past 2 years since the league has been back the salaries are way low at an average of about $400 a game, which 400 a week is not a bad salarie but consider it's only 18 weeks long, Your looking at a minimum wage salary to put your body on the line. Players still do it because they love the game and get to live the dream of playing pro football. Than you got Brees and Manning and other ***** million dollar ***** bags wanting to see the owners books bc they feel they're getting screwed on their pay checks? Minimum salary for an NFL player is, i believe 250,000.

STFU and play football!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back to the lockout and the players saying they want to see the books, i looked in to playing some arena football but after the defunct league of the AFL i had to check out some salaries.

Before the year off arena players could make up to 120,000 a year. The past 2 years since the league has been back the salaries are way low at an average of about $400 a game, which 400 a week is not a bad salarie but consider it's only 18 weeks long, Your looking at a minimum wage salary to put your body on the line. Players still do it because they love the game and get to live the dream of playing pro football. Than you got Brees and Manning and other ***** million dollar ***** bags wanting to see the owners books bc they feel they're getting screwed on their pay checks? Minimum salary for an NFL player is, i believe 250,000.

STFU and play football!

Ya, who does that.

Players-- Let us see the books, so we know how much u can afford to pay us.

Owners-- F U, go find another job. Nobody is forcing u to work for us.

Players= Dumb meatheads

Owners= Buisness men who were able to make enough money to be lucky enough to purchase an NFL team and build it to what it is today.

STFU and play football!

NFL makes more money than NBA and MLB and on average, NFL players get paid less than NBA and MLB.

NFL makes more money than NBA and MLB and on average, NFL players get paid less than NBA and MLB.

And I was talented enough to play pro football (arena league LB), but didn't want to abuse my body. And I had other career goals and wanted to make more money.

Theses players have choices.

The players are not asking for more money, they are asking to keep the share the same or have the owners justify why they should take less share by opening the books. The owners are wholly responsible for the lockout and no one else. This can be settled on the sidelines as football goes on.

The owners are having a hissy fit because they aren't getting their way and making you and I pay for it.

Coming back to the lockout and the players saying they want to see the books, i looked in to playing some arena football but after the defunct league of the AFL i had to check out some salaries.Before the year off arena players could make up to 120,000 a year. The past 2 years since the league has been back the salaries are way low at an average of about $400 a game, which 400 a week is not a bad salarie but consider it's only 18 weeks long, Your looking at a minimum wage salary to put your body on the line. Players still do it because they love the game and get to live the dream of playing pro football. Than you got Brees and Manning and other ***** million dollar ***** bags wanting to see the owners books bc they feel they're getting screwed on their pay checks? Minimum salary for an NFL player is, i believe 250,000. STFU and play football!

Pay the players.

$120K is a nice salary, don't get me wrong.

You have to figure in agent payments, Uncle Sam, possible fines and the fact that most of them will only play 4-6 years.

Pay these guys and keep the great National Football League going.

OK, so what is your point here? These guys work for owners of teams who have built an empire that employs thousands of good people. No matter what sport you play, you are playing a game that pays an incredible wage. A game! These guys are blessed beyond measure and when compared to private enterprise business, get paid light years more money. They are put on a pedestool and looked up to by millions who admire them. Very few of them, outside of just showing up for practice and games, have anything to do with the business model. Stadiums, clubhouses, financial risk, capital investment, oversight, insurance, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Where do some of these players get such of sense of entitlement? Of course the league needs its players, popular ones or nobodies, but just because your in a union does not give you THE RIGHT to have another persons wealth. Its why America is divided 50/50. 50% think they have a right to the paychecks of hard working american citizens who are getting raped by the government. Of course the other 50% doesn't give a rats azz about how much tax is being taken out of the other guys paycheck cuz they don't have to feel the pain that goes along with wondering if a guy can keep his family fed, insured, schooled, clothed, protected, housed, driven, and 1000 other things.

There are always those who deserve help. And I mean real help, not this arrogant "you owe me a living" crock of $hit. The players need to do some soul searching. The owners should be willing to offer insurance and benefits and take care of their own. But they are being asked to nearly share their ownership with people who take none of the financial burdens or risks themselves. All of them are soaked w/ greed and that is what is clouding this thing. There is no reason in creation that both sides couldn't find a reasonable solution and I am beginning to dislike them all. Just like when I pay taxes and it goes for supporting people who think they are entitled to it, I get resentful. When is the last time you got a thank you card from anyone who chooses to do nothing to find real employment?

If they didn't live the way they got paid, they wouldn't have anything to complain about. I find it funny when a guy that makes more than 2 million a year says he can't afford to feed his family.

Most players aren't making that much a year, and the average career is like 3-5 years. Not a solid argument. Not every player is Antonio Cromartie or Dez Bryant,

STFU and play football!

really? yall still on this?

did you really compare Arena football players to NFL players? do you really think an Arena football player would turn down a contract to play in the NFL? basically he's there because he couldn't make it in the NFL lol. Brees & Manning have won Super Bowls, have millions of fans, draw millions of people to games & to watch games on networks, which makes the networks billions of dollars in ad revenue. when's the last time you seen someone walking around in an Arena football jersey? you probably couldn't name 10 AFL players without google lol. until the AFL starts making billions of dollars and players are STILL making $400 a game then your argument would hold some weight.

Most players aren't making that much a year, and the average career is like 3-5 years. Not a solid argument. Not every player is Antonio Cromartie or Dez Bryant,

They are making more than me and you aren't they. Well I don't know what you make but me and my family are doing just fine off my 5 figure salary. I know some don't make much but there is no excuse for a person making 6 figures not to have money, save money or be able to provide for their family

The NFL shares revenue. MLB and NBA are paid high because of the markets those players are in, but there are many players and teams that make peanuts in those two. Heyward was a first round pick and will make like $600K for the next 5 years, a rookie first round NFL players will make millions a year

really? yall still on this?

did you really compare Arena football players to NFL players? do you really think an Arena football player would turn down a contract to play in the NFL? basically he's there because he couldn't make it in the NFL lol. Brees & Manning have won Super Bowls, have millions of fans, draw millions of people to games & to watch games on networks, which makes the networks billions of dollars in ad revenue. when's the last time you seen someone walking around in an Arena football jersey? you probably couldn't name 10 AFL players without google lol. until the AFL starts making billions of dollars and players are STILL making $400 a game then your argument would hold some weight.

My whole purpose of comparing it to arena football is because players in the AFL who once grossed 50-100k a year came back to play in basiclly an indoor semi-pro league. I know they are in the arena league because they didn't make it to the NFL and some lucky players get to make the transition. The reason I know what the slaries are is because i have played post high school football,college and semi pro, and also have played in an indoor game in the past (for free.) So i looked to see if you could still make a career out of arena football now like you could 6 years ago and found out the answer was no. The only people who can understand my argument are people that played football after high school wether is be college, semi pro, or pro (NOT nfl when i say pro)

So basiclly what i'm saying, these arena players came back to a league that once payed well that now pays next to nothing, simply because they love the game of football. You don't see practice squad players wanting the books open, they are just happy to be there. It's the multi millionaires saying the s*** isn't fair.

They are making more than me and you aren't they. Well I don't know what you make but me and my family are doing just fine off my 5 figure salary. I know some don't make much but there is no excuse for a person making 6 figures not to have money, save money or be able to provide for their family

I promise you don't pay a forth of the taxes they pay. They make the big money. Owners make the big money

That's true, but the average salary is over $2m a season. I'm not suggesting for one moment that the players' money is - or should be - shared equally, but one of the issues they be looking at, is how that money is distributed.

The players that I sympathize with are the successful young guys taken outside the first round who earn $300-400k a season for the first 3-4 yrs whilst starting and taking the same risks as much better paid veterans. On the other hand $300k-400k is a good salary if you are a 3rd stringer who sees minimal action.

The comparison with MLB/NBA is a tough one, because those teams don't have 25+ starters and 53 man rosters (plus additions as peope go on IR).

That's true, but the average salary is over $2m a season. I'm not suggesting for one moment that the players' money is - or should be - shared equally, but one of the issues they be looking at, is how that money is distributed.

The players that I sympathize with are the successful young guys taken outside the first round who earn $300-400k a season for the first 3-4 yrs whilst starting and taking the same risks as much better paid veterans. On the other hand $300k-400k is a good salary if you are a 3rd stringer who sees minimal action.

The comparison with MLB/NBA is a tough one, because those teams don't have 25+ starters and 53 man rosters (plus additions as peope go on IR).

the thing is, those are not the players wanting to see the books open and still pending the lock out, it's the multi-millionaires.

The players are not asking for more money, they are asking to keep the share the same or have the owners justify why they should take less share by opening the books. The owners are wholly responsible for the lockout and no one else. This can be settled on the sidelines as football goes on.

The owners are having a hissy fit because they aren't getting their way and making you and I pay for it.

Yeah sure. And the players union are just a bunch of boyscouts. I think there is plenty of blame to share between both parties. I lean toward the owners but dam sure aint drinking thier cool aid either. Bunch of rotten, spoiled, greedy-a$$ men that are fighting over the treasure trove... Screw em all...

STFU and play football!

Exactly. Pure F*cking Greed.