Sony attacked by a group of Hackers

I was reading something about some hackers saying they were gonna make Sony pay. Didn't know what they were referring to but hey.

They go by the name Anonymous, from what I heard of them, these guys are really elite hackers.

The only thing their doing is making things much worse and giving Sony more ammo.

Edited by Skar

They go by the name Anonymous, from what I heard of them, these guys are really elite hackers.

The only thing their doing is making things much worse and giving Sony more ammo.

anonymous isnt elite anymore. they are good, but no need to fear them. not the same anonymous like before.

anonymous isnt elite anymore. they are good, but no need to fear them. not the same anonymous like before.

They still are elite, they just haven't been around much until lately.

I thought this was funny.

Edited by Skar

http://kotaku.com/#!5788479/anonymous-targets-sony-warns-of-penises-stuck-in-hornets-nests

here is the link.

Anonymous Targets Sony, Warns Of Panises Stuck In Hornets Nests

Luke Plunkett — Militant hacker group Anonymous has launched a campaign against Sony, citing the Japanese company's "unforgivable offense against free speech and internet freedom" after it took legal action against a pair of hackers.

As you'd expect from the group, its statements are neither polite nor subtle. It says Sony has "abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information about how your products work", "victimized [its] own customers merely for possessing and sharing information" and of violating "the privacy of thousands of innocent people who only sought the free distribution of information".

There are warnings of wrath, and of penises being stuck in hornets nests. More realistically, you'd expect the group to at least try and bring down a Sony website or two, and maybe even take a swing at the PlayStation Network itself.

While there will be those supportive of this campaign, is there not a more effective, presentable and mature way of doing this? Or at least of wording the campaign's "press release"? This kind of approach makes Anonymous look worse than the hackers or Sony, which means...nobody is looking good. Way to go, everybody.

Edited by GEORGlAfan

Anyone can use the Anonymous name. It is no different than saying John Doe. "Anonymous" was never elite or will be elite, because it is a name taken by whoever happens to be using it at the time, most often in conjunction with a set of ideals that is commonly shared in the sub-cultures known most for utilizing the "anonymous" name.

Because the nature of the hackers committing this attack share ideals that Anonymous is known for, they use the name. I could go protest at a local Scientology recruitment center wearing a mask and call myself Anonymous, and that would be true, but I wouldn't be an elite hacker or anything because of it.

http://kotaku.com/#!5788479/anonymous-targets-sony-warns-of-penises-stuck-in-hornets-nests

here is the link.

Anonymous Targets Sony, Warns Of Panises Stuck In Hornets Nests

Luke Plunkett — Militant hacker group Anonymous has launched a campaign against Sony, citing the Japanese company's "unforgivable offense against free speech and internet freedom" after it took legal action against a pair of hackers.

As you'd expect from the group, its statements are neither polite nor subtle. It says Sony has "abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information about how your products work", "victimized [its] own customers merely for possessing and sharing information" and of violating "the privacy of thousands of innocent people who only sought the free distribution of information".

There are warnings of wrath, and of penises being stuck in hornets nests. More realistically, you'd expect the group to at least try and bring down a Sony website or two, and maybe even take a swing at the PlayStation Network itself.

While there will be those supportive of this campaign, is there not a more effective, presentable and mature way of doing this? Or at least of wording the campaign's "press release"? This kind of approach makes Anonymous look worse than the hackers or Sony, which means...nobody is looking good. Way to go, everybody.

Cool, thanks man.