NFCS Representing!

SaintRay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/04/11/Maiocco-Five-year-study-of-NFL-drafts/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=496960&feedID=5936&qv=1#bp

It's no surprise those teams who draft well are winning in the NFL.

3 NFCS teams in the Top 10.

Saints lead the way boys, so suck on that for awhile... ;)

We all know the BUCS should be #1 on that list although the Saints should be right up there. The Falcons? I don't see how they even belong in the top 10 when they're using Mattie Melt as the feather in their draft cap.

Falcons are the leaders in victories in the NFCS over the last 3 seasons so we'll just swoop in and claim to be tops on that list!

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

so you thing regular season success is better than post season success? :lol:

Falcons are the leaders in victories in the NFCS over the last 3 seasons so we'll just swoop in and claim to be tops on that list!

WFW, how many championships to show for all those regular season victories??

If you don't have success in the regular season you CAN'T have post season success. Just sayin'... ;)

Correction those who do well in the regular season does not automatically roll over into post season success. Teams you are playing in the post season want the same prize as you do. We won the prize you haven't therefore we have had more success than the Falcons.

The Falcons had bad drafts in 2006 and '07, as their top picks were Anderson and cornerback Jimmy Williams. But since Thomas Dimitroff came on the scene as general manager, things greatly improved. The Falcons selected eight starters over the past three drafts. The selection of Ryan was huge. The Falcons are certain they've found their quarterback of the now future. Dimitroff also selected the Falcons' left tackle Sam Baker and their top three tacklers: Curtis Lofton, Thomas DeCoud and William Moore

Read more: Maiocco: Five-year study of NFL drafts

Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

We have only had TD 3 of those 5 years. If we had him all 5 years we would be in the second spot. I mean our 08 draft alone was better than your last 3 drafts

We all know the BUCS should be #1 on that list although the Saints should be right up there. The Falcons? I don't see how they even belong in the top 10 when they're using Mattie Melt as the feather in their draft cap.

and the same about Bucs fans. So there.

I guess it depends on how you measure success - by lifetime head to head (45-38 in favor of Falcons vs Aints), single season records, post season wins, or championships.

I prefer to measure in Championships so you win that argument.

Until 2009, you couldn't talk trash on ANY of the above criteria, but the bottom line is that you can now, so congrats.

Anyone with any football knowledge and not biased can see that the Falcons future looks MUCH brighter than the Aints. :P

How is it brighter exactly? You are one Turner injury or White injury from picking in the top 5. I didn't say Ryan because he has proven to be nothing without those players.

Edited by Laugher

We have only had TD 3 of those 5 years. If we had him all 5 years we would be in the second spot. I mean our 08 draft alone was better than your last 3 drafts

We drafted Ellis and he has done a lot for the Saints, you got Ryan and no SBs, we picked up a DT , Which he has a ring now.

Well, HD was coming off a knee injury that sidelined him for all of 2009 and Kerry Meier was injured in the 2010 preseason (the 2nd coming of Brian Finneran). Trust me, if we had those 2 guys, the season would have been quite a bit different.

Furthermore, NO TEAM was going to beat GB that night in Atlanta...NO ONE. PERIOD.

Yes, we got our A$$E$ kicked (to put it mildly), but you know D*mn well teams hate to see the Falcons on their schedule, so don't give me that $HIT.

I am scared of Turner and I will admit that, but having a QB that can make average receivers threats that is what I want in a QB. I erased that post because I figured it was too harsh and reworded it.

Saying how your team is going to be leaps and bounds above everyone else is misleading, because you haven't achieved what one has done 2 yrs that proved they weren't a fluke to get back and atleast say they were defending their title. What I am trying to say is until you win the SB with your current regime you can't really talk, because we will still have Brees for 3-4 more years of respectable football, with the Bucs competing as well.

We drafted Ellis and he has done a lot for the Saints, you got Ryan and no SBs, we picked up a DT , Which he has a ring now.

Rite cause drafting a DT thats always hurt is what got the saints their sb ring, You keep knocking our Qb who is already great no matter what u say and will one day b better than ur QB. Diff being we drafted our QB a groomed him to be great you bought yours when he was already.

Well, HD was coming off a knee injury that sidelined him for all of 2009 and Kerry Meier was injured in the 2010 preseason (the 2nd coming of Brian Finneran). Trust me, if we had those 2 guys, the season would have been quite a bit different.

Furthermore, NO TEAM was going to beat GB that night in Atlanta...NO ONE. PERIOD.

Yes, we got our A$$E$ kicked (to put it mildly), but you know D*mn well teams hate to see the Falcons on their schedule, so don't give me that $HIT.

don't even begin to bring up your injury situation. it was nothing compared to ours.

Rite cause drafting a DT thats always hurt is what got the saints their sb ring, You keep knocking our Qb who is already great no matter what u say and will one day b better than ur QB. Diff being we drafted our QB a groomed him to be great you bought yours when he was already.

Ellis has missed what 6 games in 3 yrs yeh thats real injury prone. As far as Ryan being better then Brees only time will tell, but he better start soon, because Brees has a lot more years left to be on the greats. Ryan needs to improve on his accuracy and deep ball ability or he will be the next Dilfer.

Ellis has missed what 6 games in 3 yrs yeh thats real injury prone. As far as Ryan being better then Brees only time will tell, but he better start soon, because Brees has a lot more years left to be on the greats. Ryan needs to improve on his accuracy and deep ball ability or he will be the next Dilfer

Bress has been in the league 11 years and in 3 years Ryan is rite behind him so i think hes on a good pace to be better than bress. Yes ryan needs to work on his deep ball but his mid to short range accuracy is just as good as bress. Ryan is already a million times than dilfer ever was so even if ryan stays how he is now and never progresses and wins a Sb like Dilfer im fine with that.

Ellis has missed what 6 games in 3 yrs yeh thats real injury prone. As far as Ryan being better then Brees only time will tell, but he better start soon, because Brees has a lot more years left to be on the greats. Ryan needs to improve on his accuracy and deep ball ability or he will be the next Dilfer

Bress has been in the league 11 years and in 3 years Ryan is rite behind him so i think hes on a good pace to be better than bress. Yes ryan needs to work on his deep ball but his mid to short range accuracy is just as good as bress. Ryan is already a million times than dilfer ever was so even if ryan stays how he is now and never progresses and wins a Sb like Dilfer im fine with that.

Ryan has had the benefit of having (according to Falcons fans) the GOAT TE and one of the top 3 WRs in the game today.

Brees had nothing like that

ame='Ny's Finest Falcon' date='06 April 2011 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1302113947' post='6079870']

Ryan has had the benefit of having (according to Falcons fans) the GOAT TE and one of the top 3 WRs in the game today.

Brees had nothing like that

No nothing like that just a guy named LT...and he also had gates. Not to mention white didnt become one of the top 3 till ryan came to the falcons

1-3 Ryan - Good pick.

1-21 Baker - Not looking so good now. Lot of talks of replacing him. Still to be determined though.

2-6 Lofton - Good pick, no question.

3-5 Chevis - Bad pick.

3-21 Harry Douglas - Who know. He had an good rookie season, IR'e the 2nd, and didn't pretty much nothin his 3rd.

3-35 DeCoud - Solid pick. Not spectacular but a solid starter in the 3rd round isn't bad.

5-3 Robert James - Who?

5-19 Biermann - This was a good pick. Dont think he'll be anything more than a Nickel down pass-rusher, but thats great value for round 5.

6-6 Thomas Brown - Who?

7-5 Wilrey Fontenot - No longer on the team.

7-25 Keith Zinger - Who?

1-24 Peria Jerry - Has done nothing so far. He IR'ed this 1st year and look to still be recover his 2nd year. To make it worse, he's like 27 years old. Not looking like a good pick, but too early to call him a bust.

2-23 William Moore - Did nothin his 1st year, but was solid his second year. Good value, but not great value. Solid pick.

3-26 Chris Owens - Wouldn't call this a good pick. Who would?

4-25 Sidbury - I liked him coming out of college, but he has yet to earn any real playtime. Looked like a good pick at the time, but hasn't panned out. Not a good pick but too early to call him a bust.

5-2 William Middleton - Don't even think he made the team.

5-20 Garrett Reynolds - Nothin to see here

6-3 Spencer Adkins - I think he's a backup and a STer (correct me if I'm wrong). Thats good value for a 6th rounder. Good pick.

7-1 Vance Walker - Late round pick but nothin special to see here.

1-19 Weatherspoon - I'm not sure your FO would pick this guy again. Not saying he's a bust because its too early to tell, but usually, 1st round LBers have success in their first year. They've dominate the DROY voting for the last 10 year, and Spoon was suppose to be next, he wasn't. He couldn't crack the starting line-up and I think he was more of a 3rd down LBer. Also we injured at times. Verdict is still out, but not good for a LBer picked that high+

3-19 Corey Peters - Did ok his first year. Nothin special. Hope to get starts in the 3rd and he did, but it's because of Jerry not living up to anything rather than his own play. Decent pick but too early to tell.

3-34 Mike JOhnson - Backup. In the 4th you hope to get a solid backup or a starter if your lucky. It kind of the round were its a toss-up. No real way to grade him.

4-19 Joe Hawley - See above.

5-4 Franks - Rookie CBs dont usually contribute much in their first year, and he didn't see the field much. Not sure if its development or if he could crack a spot. Should be able to earn playtime in a bad secondary. Too early to tell though.

5-34 Meier - Think a few of you were excited about this guy. Did he play another position in college? I forget. Regardless, I think he IR'ed this year so we'll see about him.

6-2 Shann Schillinger - Late round guy. Too early to tell but nothin special

6 of 11 draft pick from 2008 are still on the team and you got 4-5 starters out of that draft. Good draft.

2009 and 2010 have been different. Those drafts were not so good. I wouldn't say that you are a good drafting team yet, I'd say you had one REALLY good year and are still benefitting from it. But if you don't replenish young talent, then your team will not continue to be good.

Just my opinion.