we got screwed on chris houston trade pick

anyone else think we got screwed on the chris houston trade pick. i know it was suppose to be a conditional 7th round pick but after he started 15 games, resigned with them we should have gotten more. i read an article out of detroit saying we were going to get the pick detroit picked up from philly in the 6th round then they gave it to someone else detroit owed. they didnt even give us detroits highest 7th rounder we got the 2nd one. i just think we got robbed on that one

anyone else think we got screwed on the chris houston trade pick. i know it was suppose to be a conditional 7th round pick but after he started 15 games, resigned with them we should have gotten more. i read an article out of detroit saying we were going to get the pick detroit picked up from philly in the 6th round then they gave it to someone else detroit owed. they didnt even give us detroits highest 7th rounder we got the 2nd one. i just think we got robbed on that one

San Francisco probably got screwed more than we did. The pick we had was conditional on if Houston played a certain amount of games. If he didn't meet the condition, we wouldn't have a pick from Detroit at all. It was never supposed to escalate higher than a 7th.

San Fran had also traded for a 7th round pick with Detroit. We got pick 209 (or something close to that), San Fran got pick 230 (or something close to that). Because the NFL took away one of Detroit's picks, there was thought that Detroit wasn't going to have enough 7th round picks to spread out & we, having the higher of the 2 Detroit 7th round picks would actually get their 6th round pick. But apparently Detroit had a conditional 7th round pick in waiting as well. The NFL took that pick which was 205 (or something close to that). It was Detroit's highest 7th round pick. We got screwed because, IMO, the NFL should have taken Detroit's original pick, which is the one we got and we should have moved up to their acquired pick which is basically moving us up 4 slots or so. And, San Fran has a complaint because the NFL could have taken Detroit's final pick of the 7th round away & they could have moved up about 20 slots if that had been done.