Casserly Shows AJ Green goes to Panthers

AJ Green very well could be the "last man standing" come draft day.

Fairly - was the concencus #1. To many questions about him have arisen. Nobody is talking about him at #1 anymore.

Bowers - was #1 in the past. Now people are talking about him maybe lasting till the 2nd round.

Gabbert - if there was a QB of the quality of Ryan or Bradford available, nobody would be talking about Gabbert at #1. The only reason people are talking about him at #1 is because the QB class is so weak.

Newton - same story as Gabbert. Wouldn't even be sniffing #1 if this wasn't such a weak QB class.

Dareus - has become the default #1 of many for two reasons: (1) they don't believe either QB is worth taking at #1, and (2) they believe there are certain positions you don't take at #1 (WR, LB, or CB). Ironicly, they usually have Green, Peterson, and even Miller rated higher than Dareus, but they are so hung up on some rigid rule about which posisitons are and aren't worthy of the #1 pick they "reach" at #1 for a DT instead of taking the best player available (Green, or Peterson, or Miller).

Fairley and Bowers have been nocked out. Gabbret and Newton could also both be nocked out, if the Panthers' evaluation deems them too risky a pick (nobody wants to draft the next Alex Smith). Considering that Dareus has shot up the boards primarily because of other players dropping, there's every chance the Panthers could have him rated as a mid-1st round pick, not a #1 quality pick.

That would leave Green, Peterson, and Miller as the last guys standing on the Panthers' draft board. Under those circumstances, Green could easily emerge as the #1 pick.

one thing on green though, he is an excellent receiver, the best coming out, but i think he will have a lot of injury problems in the nfl with the defenses being so physical. hes gonna be a stud until someone puts a real hit on him. thats where julio will be a better choice. hes tougher, he just doesnt have the hands or separation skills green does.

Yes he is. A.J. shined because of the offense he was in. He was basically the only target on a poor UGA offense. They were garbage with him out of the line up. He was the best WR on his team, not the NCAA. That's JMO

Nah, perhaps Julio only shined because he had a Heisman running back taking all the pressure off of him. Jones is good but he isn't great. There is a reason all the scouts I've heard speak say AJ is the best WR to come out since Calvin Johnson.

that's one heck of a risk though, since you cannot trade players right now.

I would love for them to trade some high picks for McNabb or Palmer.

Oh, it's definitely a big risk, but I could see them not getting a quarterback early and just hopining they're somehow able to acquire a veteran to start in case Clausen is just as god-awful again this season.

You didn't watch the whole show, He was just making a change of thought Mock. He latter said he believes that they will take a QB and I agree, no doubt in my mind they will take Gabbert. BEst thing that could happen for us is if they go with a WR instead of the best QB. Casserly is a great talent evaluator. I wish we had him here with TD, that would be tops.

He isn't unstoppable. Julio is way better but no one seems to realizes that. His first move as a pro will be to sell his draft jersey

THAT IS HALARIOUS!

Do you even watch college football??

Green is a FAR better WR than Jones.

Jones had a better 40 time but that doesnt make him a better reciever!

Green will be the next Randy Moss type reciever (without the attitude) and Jones will be good....not great! :wacko:

why could that be scary if he went to the panthers???He sucks, and he will suck even more going to the panthers when we play them.

AJ Green does not suck, and you, sir, are a blind homer. Please save your foolishness for threads that deserve them, until then, you're an idiot.

Yes he is. A.J. shined because of the offense he was in. He was basically the only target on a poor UGA offense. They were garbage with him out of the line up. He was the best WR on his team, not the NCAA. That's JMO

LMAO If one WR takes a team from garbage when he is out of the line up to competitive when he is in, in the SEC, I would say that makes him one H-E-L-L of a WR. Its funny that most every team in the NFL thinks he is the top WR in the draft. There for in the NCAA.......and that's JMO.

You didn't watch the whole show, He was just making a change of thought Mock. He latter said he believes that they will take a QB and I agree, no doubt in my mind they will take Gabbert. BEst thing that could happen for us is if they go with a WR instead of the best QB. Casserly is a great talent evaluator. I wish we had him here with TD, that would be tops.

Lol@Casserly being a great talent evaluator. He is ok. He has some hits (drafting Mario instead of Reggie, drafting Champ Bailey) but he has some huge misses (drafting David Carr first overall, trading a 2nd and third to oakland for phillip buchanon and than releasing him after 4 games the next year)

LMAO If one WR takes a team from garbage when he is out of the line up to competitive when he is in, in the SEC, I would say that makes him one H-E-L-L of a WR. Its funny that most every team in the NFL thinks he is the top WR in the draft. There for in the NCAA.......and that's JMO.

How many championships or SEC titles did the Bulldogs win during Green's time. No one knows what the team actually thinks of either player. All people go by is rumor and speculation

THAT IS HALARIOUS!

Do you even watch college football??

Green is a FAR better WR than Jones.

Jones had a better 40 time but that doesnt make him a better reciever!

Green will be the next Randy Moss type reciever (without the attitude) and Jones will be good....not great! :wacko:

Did you come up with that one on your own or are you just repeating what announcers have said about him? There is nothing that seperates the 2. Both have similar career stats. I just feel Julio is better than him and I haven't seen much to make me change my mind

Nah, perhaps Julio only shined because he had a Heisman running back taking all the pressure off of him. Jones is good but he isn't great. There is a reason all the scouts I've heard speak say AJ is the best WR to come out since Calvin Johnson.

Scouts build up players every year only for them to fall on their face. I have read where scouts have called Julio the best. I would much rather wanna hear how the coach and G.M. feel about players.

Hope not.

Like I said in RC, you don't take 3+ WRs in the previous draft, two of which have shown good potential and another that is still being developed and waste the first pick of the next draft on another WR.

I'll be happy with anyone they deem worthy, but I do believe the pick should be either DT or Qb. If all the coaches Rivera brought in are good teachers like he claims they are, I wouldn't mind if they select Newton. Bust risk is high, but the reward is even greater if they can pull it off.