4/2/11 Mock

Trade our 1st and late 7th for an early 2nd, 4th and 5th (Teams don't like losing 2 picks so we throw in a 7th)

2-Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami-Huge figure, huge hands, can make our offense more stable and explosive. He will fit well across from Roddy and allow us to spread it around a little more.

2-Allen Bailey-DE-Miami-Seems redundent to take another Miami player, but I could see us taking up to 5 U players. He is very athletic, versitle, mendable and we are looking at him hard.

3-Demarco Murray-RB-OKL-Can give us a reliable speed in the backfield and will take a major load off of Turner.

4-Mason Foster-OLB-Wash-Foster is very explosive and plays with great intensity giving us a young, quick and intense LB core.

4-James Carpenter-OT-Bama-Solid Olineman that can probably play both T and G and supply much needed stability needed to go deep into the regular and post seasons.

5-Justin Rodgers-CB-Richmond-A major sleeper that really knows how to play the game, him and Franks should develop nicely and would provide us with depth and potential.

5-Julius Thomas-TE-Portland St-A former BBall player turned TE could try treplace another of his kind(Tony) and be a nice weapon for Ryan for many years.

6-Pat Devlin-QB-Delaware-Pat Y just wrote an article on Devlin and why we should look into him. I always liked him cause he went to UD, even though he has struggled since the end of the season; he could be a nice backup option to replace an aging Redman.

7-Lee Ziemba-G/T-Auburn-If he falls this far it would be a major gift, but there are questions on his knee and where he will play, but he can provide us with depth all over the Oline.

7-Jonas Mouton-LB-Mich-Plays hard and fast and would provide solid depth with Adkins

Most UDFA would probably not make the team, but it is always good to add talent and give chances to those who deserve it.

FA-Brandon Saine-RB-Ohio St-Has unexpected speed to go along with decent power and moves

FA-Ryan Taylor-FB-UNC-Pure FB talent is hard to find so we should try to look

FA-Zach Pianalto-TE-UNC-Had injury issues, but still has talent and potential

FA-Vidal Hazelton-WR-Cinn-Like Pianalto had injuries, but has potential

FA-Johnny Culbreath-T-SCst-He is a monster, but is very raw, could be formed into a RT

FA-Jason Clece-C/G-Cinn-Could add depth at the inner Oline

FA-Ryan Bartholomew-C-Syracuse-Had a great combine, but also very raw

FA-Dequin Evans-DE-Kent-Looks good on tape, but not known much

FA-Michael Morgan-LB-USC-Fell way down the boards, but did well in college

FA-Brian Duncan-LB-Texas Tech-Team leader, good pass rusher

FA-James Dockery-CB-Oregon St-This kid can really play and has good size at 6'1"

FA-Jason Teague-CB-TCU-Another talented corner with good size 6'2"

FA-Davonte Shannon-S-Buffalo-Leader at Buffalo plays the game pretty well

FA-Anthony Walters-S-Delaware-Major Playmaker that knows how to hit

FA-Kai Forbath-K-UCLA-We will probably bring in a kicker

FA-Matt Bosher-P-Miami-Maybe a punter too

That is a lot of players with a lot of talent and maybe some wishful thinking but I think it looks pretty good...Let me know what you think

Edited by KSFALCON

I think you would have to take Bailey before Hankerson... But if I was going to draft a WR early in the 2nd round I would prefer Jonathan Baldwin over Hankerson.

Definitely a big fan of the Murray pick. I think he'll be a big steal for anyone who get him.

I think Bailey will fall to our 2nd

Baldwin and Hank are very similar, big stature big hands, but I think Hank has more potential

Murray has potential to be a starter, but Turner needs someone to take a load off of him

So you draft 10 then sign 16 UDFA

There are 65 already on the roster that totals to 91.

You have to cut 11 before starting camp. Teams can only have 80 players in camp.

Of course they may loose a few FAs but I do not think they lo0se 11.

Of course the new CBA (if ever) may change that number.

Edited by delaigle

So you draft 10 then sign 16 UDFA

There are 65 already on the roster that totals to 91.

You have to cut 11 before starting camp. Teams can only have 80 players in camp.

Of course they may loose a few FAs but I do not think they lo0se 11.

Of course the new CBA (if ever) may change that number.

Yeah, every team signs a lot of FA just to see what they got, almost none may make the team, some may make the Psquad...We could also cut a lot that are already on the roster

I've seen much worse. My biggest problem with it is this:

I like Hankerson, and I like Bailey...as general prospects. I think Hank has a high floor, and I think Bailey has a high ceiling. But neither looks to be explosive right now. Bailey is a developmental guy who has no idea how to play, but with outstanding tools. Hank is a guy with very solid tools who knows how to play....but he's not scaring anyone on the go route downfield. NFL cbs will be there with him step for step, and he lacks the massive size and explosive leaping to be a dominant deep threat despite lacking home run speed-see Vincent Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald for guys who are deep threats despite probably running 4.5 or less currently.

Hank is a reliable possession guy who I would comp to a smaller, less athletic Dwayne Bowe. He's a starter in the NFL, but not someone that will cause people to gameplan for him.

Titus Young/Jerrnigan/T. Smith.....even J. Baldwin will, at least potentially, force DC's to change how they do business against the falcons. All can either get deep, or take a short pass consistently for 20+ yards.

I see a LOT of Vincent Jackson in Baldwin. I see a bit of Desean Jackson/Marvin Harrison in Titus Young. I see a bit of Steve Smith in Jerrnigan, and I see a bit of Roddy White in Torrey Smith(although Roddy is a smoother, more fluid athlete, with a bigger frame).

I've seen much worse. My biggest problem with it is this:

I like Hankerson, and I like Bailey...as general prospects. I think Hank has a high floor, and I think Bailey has a high ceiling. But neither looks to be explosive right now. Bailey is a developmental guy who has no idea how to play, but with outstanding tools. Hank is a guy with very solid tools who knows how to play....but he's not scaring anyone on the go route downfield. NFL cbs will be there with him step for step, and he lacks the massive size and explosive leaping to be a dominant deep threat despite lacking home run speed-see Vincent Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald for guys who are deep threats despite probably running 4.5 or less currently.

Hank is a reliable possession guy who I would comp to a smaller, less athletic Dwayne Bowe. He's a starter in the NFL, but not someone that will cause people to gameplan for him.

Titus Young/Jerrnigan/T. Smith.....even J. Baldwin will, at least potentially, force DC's to change how they do business against the falcons. All can either get deep, or take a short pass consistently for 20+ yards.

I see a LOT of Vincent Jackson in Baldwin. I see a bit of Desean Jackson/Marvin Harrison in Titus Young. I see a bit of Steve Smith in Jerrnigan, and I see a bit of Roddy White in Torrey Smith(although Roddy is a smoother, more fluid athlete, with a bigger frame).

I agree, there are questions about Hank's explosion, but he would be more of a threat than Jenkins is now

I really like Titus young, but he does not have hanks measurables, no one does

In another mock I have us taking Justin Houston And Titus Young 1,2...I like that more than this one, but this one seems realistic since we scouted both Hank and Bailey pretty hard