Reliving "The Hit" of the 2010 season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwAhWlfF3NM&feature=related

First off, what a F'in hit. Gotta love that. I hate to see players get hurt but hard hits is why we all watch football, right? This hit, laying his body on the line, is when I finally was sold on Dunta. Until then I questioned his dedication to the team, thinking that he was just content with the big payday that he got.

Now, the fines and rule changes. I hate how they sway completly to the offensive side of the ball. I love watching defense, and I feel the NFL with all these rule changes are hurting that side of the ball. I am all for taking headshots out of the game, but get real, Dunta was fined for this hit and we all know it wasn't a headshot.

HITTING A DEFENSELESS RECIEVER? Why should the defender get penalized for doing his job? Shouldn't it be the QB who is blamed for laying him out to get whacked with a suicide pass? That is the football I remember.

Anyways, enjoy another look at what I think was the hit of our 2010 season. Post yours, there were plenty to choose from. Honorable mention to Willy Mo!!

as you can see in my sig, best hit of 2010. I think if he wasn't penalized we would have gotten back in the game bc after that hit momentum started to shift our way. It was a BS call, the hit was legal. I guess in today's NFL you are just supposed to allow 15-20 yard pass plays if your a defensive back.

It was certainly a terrible decision. It's almost as dumb as leading the smallest wide receiver in the whole dang game of football across the middle with two guys on him. Terrible throw by Kolb under pressure.

Totally legal hit, wish the guys didn't get hurt on it, though.

It's a league that is trying to protect the money. Protect the QB's and let them do their jobs...throw for yards and be Tom Brady.

I really try not to be cynical about the changes in the NFL lately, but really? It's sad when some of the old-time HOF players are trashing the rules. Play Ball!!!

With the soft kitten fur gloves on and the players/owners/PA essentially striking, I've often considered as a fan striking this year...if they play.

What kind of message would that send if they didn't make the money on jerseys, hats, tickets...etc. I'm also not naive enough to think enough people will go along with it to matter....I can dream. Can't I? I want to watch people go out and literally knock helmets off of people. I want to see friggin' smash-mouth runs that start at the 40 and they break 14 tackles and run it 60 yards for a score. I want to see a receiver catch a ball, juke the crap out of 3 defenders, break a horse collar and run it in. I want to see FOOTBALL. I realize some of the rules are there because we can't have players breaking necks and whatever, but how long did it take to outlaw the horsecollar? just checking. how about the Brady rule...when did that come into play? just checking.

It comes into play when Brady can't work his magic...rule change....grrrrr. I really wish someone would hit him so ******** hard it knocks teeth out. (not violence...it's football).

I kinda agree about the Dunta thing. But to me it looked like before the hit he played as more of a robot. As the season progressed, especially after the hit, I think he played just more fluid overall. People gave him too much hate with a slow start. But I think missing the preseason really didn't help that at all.

It's a league that is trying to protect the money. Protect the QB's and let them do their jobs...throw for yards and be Tom Brady.

I really try not to be cynical about the changes in the NFL lately, but really? It's sad when some of the old-time HOF players are trashing the rules. Play Ball!!!

With the soft kitten fur gloves on and the players/owners/PA essentially striking, I've often considered as a fan striking this year...if they play.

What kind of message would that send if they didn't make the money on jerseys, hats, tickets...etc. I'm also not naive enough to think enough people will go along with it to matter....I can dream. Can't I? I want to watch people go out and literally knock helmets off of people. I want to see friggin' smash-mouth runs that start at the 40 and they break 14 tackles and run it 60 yards for a score. I want to see a receiver catch a ball, juke the crap out of 3 defenders, break a horse collar and run it in. I want to see FOOTBALL. I realize some of the rules are there because we can't have players breaking necks and whatever, but how long did it take to outlaw the horsecollar? just checking. how about the Brady rule...when did that come into play? just checking.

It comes into play when Brady can't work his magic...rule change....grrrrr. I really wish someone would hit him so ******** hard it knocks teeth out. (not violence...it's football).

I would join you on the strike to not watch football but the problem is you can't get millions of people to follow, i would love for the stands on sundays to look like some of my semi pro games did with maybe 50 ppl there, no fans no money. But since you can't get that many people to follow i'm just going to try to enjoy football and when they have bs rule changes and bs lockouts or strikes i will be on here complaining with everyone else.