Draft plan beginning to materialize

There is much debate at what players we need the most. Bottom line --lets look at what has already transpire that may tip TD's hand in the draft.

1. Finneran released----- Many have us taking a WR in the 1st round. NOT SO FAST ( as Corso Says), Front office(FO) is very high on Meier and a healthy HD was highly praised as the year went on. Not to mention Weems has become a fearless play maker as well. I believe a WR will be added, but probably not drafted. A player such as Videl Hazleton as a walk on would probaly occur, or 1 of our 7th rounders.

2. Coleman & Williams released. You can bet the farm we will address secondary with one of the 1st 3 picks simply for depth purposes. I won't sell Owens out just yet, he has played better "before". Plus Franks is in the waiting and I KNOW he was a playmaker in college. With a year under his belt, I believe he may be our Nickel this year. Plus--Owens is a thumper, he may be better suited as a safety if he can't beat out Franks as the NB.

3. 4/5s of the OL are restricted FA of Free Agents. Folks---if you can't keep Ryan upright, it's irrelevant who are your playmakers...... I believe we will address OL with one of our top 2 picks even though we have Johnson, Svetech, Reynolds, and Hawley. If WE DON'T, that means Reynolds is a STUD in the making. I also believe Jose Valdez we make the squad this year as well. He was awesome in Pre-season last year.

4. OLB--- Our MLB is set, and Weatherspoon is a difference maker. Our other OLB must be improved on. Nicholas played pretty well last year, but I believe the dark horse here is Robert James. He is by the the fastest of our LBs and should be superior in pass coverage with the rbs coming out of the back field. He would have made the team last year if not for the 4 game suspension.

5. DE--Not enough pressure from this group. Also, Jamaal is making too much money for a reserve. This is Abrahams last year ( too old to reatain after next year ) and Bierman and Sidbury ( who may be the dark horse here) could use some help. Chauncey has never fulfilled his potential. Either draft or Free Agency will provide a player here with one of our 1st 2 picks. We need to trade Jamaal to a 3-4 team looking for a big run stuffing DE for a draft pick ( probably a 4th or 5th rounder---may be a 6th though )

6. TE---Here where you need a weapon for Ryan. We run alot of 2 TE sets, but only Gonzo is a threat, and he's retiringthis year. I believe the Rudolph kid should be pursued here before Buffalo picks in the 2nd round.

2011 Course of Action:

Free Agency--- DE Charles Johnson ( a GA native) would consider us over any other team with a comparable deal. This fills a major need for a pass rush, which will only improve secondary play.

Draft Plan:

I would make what ever trades we can to get about 3 2nd rounders. We can trade down about 10 spots from #27 into the top of round 2 ( before Buffalo) and select TE Rudoplh, plus pick up another 4th rounder in doing so.

Then trade our 2nd rounder (#51) along with a 4th and a 7th (leaving us 2 now) to move up about 10 to 15 spots to select what ever top OT has fallen into the 2nd round. Carami, Sherrod,or Solder will fall into 2nd round.

Then you can use your 3rd and 4th ( you had 2 from the trade down with your 1st rounder) round picks to move back up into the 2nd round to get another top notch WR ( Doss/Smith/Young/Baldwin/Hankerson/Jerrigan/Cobb) or CB that has fallen like Ras I Dowling or Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith.

You still have a 5th , 6th, and 2 7ths to use given the above 3 picks to use as depth picks. I would then use some ( or all ) of those picks to package to move back into the 3rd round for a OLB that falls (Herzlich for example).

BOTTOM LINE--- we don't need many picks, but QUALITY picks.

So you seriously think all of that scouting of WRs and begging for explosiveness was just for nothing? Also, Owens is 5'9''. I don't see him playing much safety.

Plus, unless you are Mike Ditka, no one is going to make that many trades in one draft let alone find enough trade partners for it.

i would love kyle rudolph in rd one. i wouldn't even want to risk trading down and giving buffalo a chance to easily trade up in front of us. i think rudolph would have more impact than any WR still left at #27. trading down is very bill belichecky. he loves 2nd rd pick's. with two first round picks, i very much believe he will trade down for more 2nd rd picks with his second 1st round pick. the first 1st round pick he will likely use.

if you had suggested we trade all of our draft picks for the fifth pick overall so we could draft AJ Green, i would probably try to say something really funny like, "hey man, what's your name, mike ditka or something?" or i might say "Arizona Cardinal's... 16 picks, Da Falcons... one pick. DA Falcons"

So you seriously think all of that scouting of WRs and begging for explosiveness was just for nothing? Also, Owens is 5'9''. I don't see him playing much safety.

Plus, unless you are Mike Ditka, no one is going to make that many trades in one draft let alone find enough trade partners for it.

Where did it mention Owens playing safety? Not much WR explosiveness in this draft anyways.