Mike Smith's mock

OK guys, I tried to keep things short and to the point. I think this is my best yet.

FA- I'd take an OLB like Manny Lawson or Thomas Howard

First Round

27. Atlanta Falcons

Ryan Kerrigan, DE

Jabaal Sheard, DE

I'll spare you the recap on these 2. I like RK better becuase

I still think our D needs a true leader. cL is great but I think

a more excitable leader could do wonders.

Second Round

59. Atlanta Falcons

Randall Cobb, WR

Route running: Excellent, disciplined route running originates from being a former quarterback, knowing what happens when the route is not run correctly. Crisp, sharp cuts and turns

Third Round

91. Atlanta Falcons

Jordan Todman, RB

Watching his highlights I believe he has the best vision in the entire draft. Watch his vids and notice how effectivley he uses his blocker and sees the field. E. Smith wasn't the quickest/Fastest/Biggest ect. The man saw the field and had incredible vision I think Todman has the same type of vision.

Fourth Round

124. Atlanta Falcons

Rob Housler, TE

Took him out off my list because he looked soft in vids. I went back and watched again. Kid is smart an athlete and fast. Need work but worth it here.

Fifth Round

158. Atlanta Falcons

Mark Herzlich, OLB

BC guys are smart, I think his intelligence and drive will help him to learn very quickly from pete. All the rest of the LBs in this draft not named Von don't seem to be an upgrade over what's on the bench or on the field, to be honest. Since I can't get an upgrade I take a project that I believe has a good shot of working out.

Sixth Round

192. Atlanta Falcons

Justin Rogers, CB

After Rogers intercepted seven passes in 2008, opposing quarterbacks avoided throwing toward him during his junior season in 2009. He's a shutdown cornerback with big playmaking ability

Seventh Round

209. Atlanta Falcons (from Detroit in the Chris Houston trade)

Aldrick Robinson, WR

40 = 4.35

I want to take lockette here because of his size but the dude just doesn't do it for me. Aldrick is suppose to have great hands and is great a finding the weak spot in zones.

228. Atlanta Falcons

Noel Devine, RB

Allot will argue that he won't be here. He may not but, the NFL doesn't like you if youre 5.8 no matter what so, he may be.

229. Atlanta Falcons (from New England in the Quinn Ojinnaka trade)

Trevis Turner, OT

Height / Weight:6-7 / 342

Just a huge freakin dude with a great big wing span to help open holes and protect ryan.

BOOOYAAA!!! it's over and it's done,, It's perfect.

Very good draft if it could fall that way. Most of the guys past the 4th I think will be taken before your spots, but I'd be happy if they dropped. The only guy I'd rather have different is Herzlich. I feel like we need more speed at LB, and he's not that.

Otherwise, obviously this would help us.

2 wrs and rbs? sorry i don t see that happening.

Two RB's is certainly not going to happen.

However, 2 WR's is certainly a possibility, in my mind, if we're talking one early rounder (2nd or 3rd) and a late rounder (6th or 7th). I'm thinking something along the lines of Jernigan/Young and Vidal Hazelton in the 7th.

If we're talking 2 WR's early in the draft (like a mock on here the other day that had us trading down from #27 and getting Baldwin AND Young), then no, I don't see that happening at all either.

Just a quick question.

Would a 7th round WR be a big improvement over

Strickland UDFA on the PS since late 09

Buckley UDFA on the PS all of 2010 season

Harvey in camp 2010 and resigned to the PS late 2010.

ADDED

Would a 7 round WR be able to make the 53 man roster, whose place would he take

White, Jenkins, Douglass, Weems, Meier?

Edited by delaigle

Forget WR & RB. This team needs OL and DL to stay competitive. Keep stocking up and developing even project players. Until the D-line can consistently collapse the pocket, the D will not be successful against smart QB's. Lets not forget we had enough skill players for home field in playoffs. I do enjoy these Mock Drafts though. It is kind of fun to see how people are thinking.

Just a quick question.

Would a 7th round WR be a big improvement over

Strickland UDFA on the PS since late 09

Buckley UDFA on the PS all of 2010 season

Harvey in camp 2010 and resigned to the PS late 2010.

ADDED

Would a 7 round WR be able to make the 53 man roster, whose place would he take

White, Jenkins, Douglass, Weems, Meier?

Nope, not a guaranteed upgrade. i can't say he'd make the 53 however, I'd realign the roster and drop one of our many TEs to have an extra receiver. I want Ryan to have as many "good" options as possible.

Two RB's is certainly not going to happen.

However, 2 WR's is certainly a possibility, in my mind, if we're talking one early rounder (2nd or 3rd) and a late rounder (6th or 7th). I'm thinking something along the lines of Jernigan/Young and Vidal Hazelton in the 7th.

If we're talking 2 WR's early in the draft (like a mock on here the other day that had us trading down from #27 and getting Baldwin AND Young), then no, I don't see that happening at all either.

2 RBs isn't going to happen?? I'm hopefull that we keep Wildwood but, really there is a strong chance that he and Gartrell are gone.IMO

Forget WR & RB

???? um, noooooo

OL and DL

I helped DLine in the 1st round. Dline also is getting a boost from a improving CP and a recovered PJ.

OL I beleive in the guys we have in the wings. I know we need to get more depth and quality here but we can do that next year with the #32 pick. :D

Nope, not a guaranteed upgrade. i can't say he'd make the 53 however, I'd realign the roster and drop one of our many TEs to have an extra receiver. I want Ryan to have as many "good" options as possible.

There were only 3 TEs on the 53 man roster; Gonzales, Peelle, Palmer.

Agnone was on the PS - Went on IR and Branson took his place on the PS for the last half of the year.

2 RBs isn't going to happen?? I'm hopefull that we keep Wildwood but, really there is a strong chance that he and Gartrell are gone.IMO

I'm sure both Gartrell Johnson and Antone Smith will be gone before Norwood.

But I agree that there is some chance Norwood may go as well.

I kinda look at it like this

Turner, Snelling Mughelli, Johnson power backs

Norwood, Smith speed backs with Johnson also being #3 here.

BUT Smith has shown nothing and Johnson very little so I expect to see an attempt at upgrades here.

Edited by delaigle

With Kerrigan, it's a good draft. Wouldn't like it as much with Sheard. I'd prefer Virgil Green to Rob Housler but that's just me, I can see why you like Housler. Herzlich provides great intangibles but sadly, I don't think he's a capable starter. The rest is nice but I doubt we take 2 RBs.