Are the Rams a perfect trading partner?

I think if we really fall in love with a prospect like Ryan Kerrigan and want to jump the other teams needing a defensive end like the Jaguars, Bucs, and Saints we could trade up with the Rams. It would be a little costly, but I think they'd be more willing to do it because they would probably have their pick of a WR after Green and Jones while acquiring extra picks. It would make even more sense for them if they're both already off the board. A lot of mocks have them selecting a defensive tackle, but our pick is well suited to pick up any of the second tier wide receivers or defensive tackles if the top guys are off the board.

Thoughts?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we really fall in love with a prospect like Ryan Kerrigan and want to jump the other teams needing a defensive end like the Jaguars, Bucs, and Saints we could trade up with the Rams. It would be a little costly, but I think they'd be more willing to do it because they would probably have their pick of a WR after Green and Jones while acquiring extra picks. It would make even more sense for them if they're both already off the board. A lot of mocks have them selecting a defensive tackle, but our pick is well suited to pick up any of the second tier wide receivers or defensive tackles if the top guys are off the board.

Thoughts?

1. I think if we really fall in love with a prospect, we're screwed. That's a bad way to run a draft IMO.

2. Why would the Rams make the move? Sure they pick up a lot of picks from us, but really to give up on a 1st round worthy WR to settle for one that has question marks and is at least 1 tier lower than the top 2.

3. How much do you think we'd have to give up to move up 13 slots? It's much more than I'd be willing to give I'm sure. You're looking at swapping our 1st & throwing in a 2nd & 3rd as a best case scenario. I can't see 1 DE being so valuable that it fixes all our problems and we won't need to have draft picks in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Not sure where to put this but Chris Steuber answered my tweet and said he heard the falcons are looking to trade up, confirms what jbo has been saying.

twitter.com/chrissteuber

yea.. i was told this a while back by one of my ppl...

If the DE you want is there at a slot where we would possibly have a trade partner there... Do the trade up... If he doesnt make it there... Then stay there and move on

DE is a Huge need for us... You cant count on DE in FA.

We may be able to just land Da'Quan Bowers at 27 now... If you told me that yesterday, I would've been a bit more excited, but now I'm a bit skeptical.

Funny how the off-season process works out, haha.

Unless the doctors say dude knees are just terrible... I dont see it happening... at worst... top 20

We may be able to just land Da'Quan Bowers at 27 now... If you told me that yesterday, I would've been a bit more excited, but now I'm a bit skeptical.

Funny how the off-season process works out, haha.

I don't think TD is determined to go DE 1st round.

He has been extremely interested and scouting Allen Bailey of Miami whose a 2nd Rd DE, I doubt he takes a 1st round De and then a 2nd Rd DE.

Expect Leshoure with our 1st rounder, if he's not there then expect Carimi.

He has been extremely interested and scouting Allen Bailey of Miami whose a 2nd Rd DE, I doubt he takes a 1st round De and then a 2nd Rd DE.

I think Bailey is if He cant get his 1st option DE's

He is not determined (will pick any DE) to get a DE but i do think DE is number 1 on his list ...

I think Bailey is if He cant get his 1st option DE's

He is not determined (will pick any DE) to get a DE but i do think DE is number 1 on his list ...

Bailey is far and away a 2nd rounder I think the highest he will go is Mid Late 2nd round. we'd be insane if we took him in the first, at least trade down and get something in return.

Bailey is far and away a 2nd rounder I think the highest he will go is Mid Late 2nd round. we'd be insane if we took him in the first, at least trade down and get something in return.

im saying bailey in the 2nd round is probably our 2nd option... Ive been told an really believe if certain DE's reach into the teens... TD will highly consider trading up

Zodiac you seem to be high on Leshoure, what do you think about him? And imo I am starting to believe we will trade up for a DE if the one we like is there but if we are willing to trade up for a DE I think it would be crazy to say if A.J. fell we wouldnt go after him.

Either way it's obvious TD and co have done their job scouting it seems like almost everyone at positions we want to get a players at so imo atleast to me it's becoming clearer and clearer we can do what ever we want this draft. Going 13 and 3 we know we are extremely close to a Super Bowl I dont think it would bother TD at all right now to give up picks to get the one guy he feels will have a huge impact.

Zodiac you seem to be high on Leshoure, what do you think about him? And imo I am starting to believe we will trade up for a DE if the one we like is there but if we are willing to trade up for a DE I think it would be crazy to say if A.J. fell we wouldnt go after him.

Either way it's obvious TD and co have done their job scouting it seems like almost everyone at positions we want to get a players at so imo atleast to me it's becoming clearer and clearer we can do what ever we want this draft. Going 13 and 3 we know we are extremely close to a Super Bowl I dont think it would bother TD at all right now to give up picks to get the one guy he feels will have a huge impact.

Simple while Leshoure doesn't have amazing straight line speed, the guys agility and ability to change direction for a man his size is simply remarkable and unless we go 4-12 next year we're probably not going to get Turner's true replacement in the draft. remember we have to have a certain type of RB for our scheme, we cant just throw in guys like CJ2k or a Ladanian Tomilson and expect them to stay healthy running it inside of the tackles every other down. He is also very capable of catching the ball out of the backfield.. He also had a 367 yard rushing game against Northwestern I think it was.

I don't care what team your playing thats a f'ing madden number right there.

Trading up for a DE would just be a very bad decision in my mind, we would surrender to much for a DE that at first looked very solid, but now has looming questions and holes among it. I would rather wait till next year just sign a RDE in FA( **** this year if they could get the CBA **** out of the way.) and then draft Abe's replacement, I don't want to spend top 15 money on a guy who will roatate or be on the bench for 2 years as Abe's replacement, that's unnecesary.

DE is by far our top priority. Just look at the guys that we are scouting. The only way that I see us not taking a DE in round 1 is if every DE from Da'Quan Bowers to Allen Bailey all get selected before pick 27 or if someone crazy is still on the board at 27. I just don't see us taking Michael LeShoure at all... have we even worked him out yet?

DE is by far our top priority. Just look at the guys that we are scouting. The only way that I see us not taking a DE in round 1 is if every DE from Da'Quan Bowers to Allen Bailey all get selected before pick 27 or if someone crazy is still on the board at 27. I just don't see us taking Michael LeShoure at all... have we even worked him out yet?

DE is also a top priority for 9 teams above us, The Vikings, Titans, Broncos, Saints, Bucs, Pats, Jax, Buffalo, and KC all need new and better DEs.

Also, the closer and closer it gets to the draft the more red flags that are starting to pop up in this DE class. I mean Bowers slipping all the way to the 20s?

Robert Quinn slipping into the teens..

The only DE I feel comfortable with in this draft is Cameron Jordan, almost all the others are boom or bust with very little middle ground, Jordan at least seems to have some middle ground on him.

Also don't bring up the following; Cameron Heyward, JJ Watt, or Muhammed Wilkerson; they will all be JA98 replicas in a 4-3

Edited by Zodiac

Simple while Leshoure doesn't have amazing straight line speed, the guys agility and ability to change direction for a man his size is simply remarkable and unless we go 4-12 next year we're probably not going to get Turner's true replacement in the draft. remember we have to have a certain type of RB for our scheme, we cant just throw in guys like CJ2k or a Ladanian Tomilson and expect them to stay healthy running it inside of the tackles every other down. He is also very capable of catching the ball out of the backfield.. He also had a 367 yard rushing game against Northwestern I think it was.

I don't care what team your playing thats a f'ing madden number right there.

Trading up for a DE would just be a very bad decision in my mind, we would surrender to much for a DE that at first looked very solid, but now has looming questions and holes among it. I would rather wait till next year just sign a RDE in FA( **** this year if they could get the CBA **** out of the way.) and then draft Abe's replacement, I don't want to spend top 15 money on a guy who will roatate or be on the bench for 2 years as Abe's replacement, that's unnecesary.

I dont believe we are drafting a DE to be Abe's replacement, imo we are drafting a LDE to start right away and rotate with Kroy. Ofcourse I would rather have a DE in FA as well but we did just go 13 and 3 so if TD believes theres a DE that will give this D what it needs it wouldnt surprise me to see TD trade up and take him.

DE is also a top priority for 9 teams above us, The Vikings, Titans, Broncos, Saints, Bucs, Pats, Jax, Buffalo, and KC all need new and better DEs.

Also, the closer and closer it gets to the draft the more red flags that are starting to pop up in this DE class. I mean Bowers slipping all the way to the 20s?

Robert Quinn slipping into the teens..

The only DE I feel comfortable with in this draft is Cameron Jordan, almost all the others are boom or bust with very little middle ground, Jordan at least seems to have some middle ground on him.

Also don't bring up the following; Cameron Heyward, JJ Watt, or Muhammed Wilkerson; they will all be JA98 replicas in a 4-3

The Vikings, Titans, Broncos, Saints, and Buffalo all have much, much bigger needs than DE. I highly doubt that any of those teams take a DE, unless Buffalo is taking Marcell Dareus or if a big name falls to New Orleans.

There's a lot of talent at DE this year and it's not going to be dried up by the time that we pick. Plenty of teams will look at other areas to improve their team upon, especially with all of the depth found in later rounds for DE's.

I do agree that Cameron Jordan is a very nice DE and I am very high on him, but if I had my pick it'd be Ryan Kerrigan. I don't see much bust in him, only boom. Not sure why people think that he can't be a Pro Bowler in this league. I'm hoping it's not because the pigment of his skin, but who knows?

Also, I agree that Cameron Heyward, J.J. watt, and Muhammed Wilkerson (Not Muhammed Wilkerson so much, actually) are pretty much JA98 replicas. I've never endorsed us taking either of them.

Regardless, I still don't see how you have came to the conclusion that we are going to draft a RB in round 1 and take our DE in round 2, when there should be plenty of great DE's to choose from with our 1st round pick.

The Vikings, Titans, Broncos, Saints, and Buffalo all have much, much bigger needs than DE. I highly doubt that any of those teams take a DE, unless Buffalo is taking Marcell Dareus or if a big name falls to New Orleans.

There's a lot of talent at DE this year and it's not going to be dried up by the time that we pick. Plenty of teams will look at other areas to improve their team upon, especially with all of the depth found in later rounds for DE's.

I do agree that Cameron Jordan is a very nice DE and I am very high on him, but if I had my pick it'd be Ryan Kerrigan. I don't see much bust in him, only boom. Not sure why people think that he can't be a Pro Bowler in this league. I'm hoping it's not because the pigment of his skin, but who knows?

Also, I agree that Cameron Heyward, J.J. watt, and Muhammed Wilkerson (Not Muhammed Wilkerson so much, actually) are pretty much JA98 replicas. I've never endorsed us taking either of them.

Regardless, I still don't see how you have came to the conclusion that we are going to draft a RB in round 1 and take our DE in round 2, when there should be plenty of great DE's to choose from with our 1st round pick.

Kerrigan has a limited arsenal of moves, that's why. Be realistic though Kerrigan is not going to fall past the Bucs. I would also be sincerely disappointed if we traded up for him too as we would have to give away a pick or two from next years draft, which is pretty great at the Oline position. I think we just need to forget about drafting a DE, and just adress it through FA.

As much as i would love to pick up a Ryan kerrigan or Aldon Smith i really just dont see us moving up that far to do so. Considering everything i have heard about teams that are in love with those 2 players such as the rams(smith) and the jags(kerrigan) would mean we would have to move to far up and surrender a second round pick which idt TD is willing to do. Specialy after not having a second last year and keeping in mind all the second rnd guys we have been looking hard at and need ie WR. Mayb smitty can convince Del Rio to swap picks in the first take a 3rd this year and a 3rd or second next year and we can move up to 16 and grab our guy

As much as i would love to pick up a Ryan kerrigan or Aldon Smith i really just dont see us moving up that far to do so. Considering everything i have heard about teams that are in love with those 2 players such as the rams(smith) and the jags(kerrigan) would mean we would have to move to far up and surrender a second round pick which idt TD is willing to do. Specialy after not having a second last year and keeping in mind all the second rnd guys we have been looking hard at and need ie WR. Mayb smitty can convince Del Rio to swap picks in the first take a 3rd this year and a 3rd or second next year and we can move up to 16 and grab our guy

For Sam Baker he was willing to give picks... For the right DE... I think TD would trade up (trade a 2nd round) ... TD knows we need a impact DE for this franchise future badly...

We will see what happens tho...TD is a smart guy... He may be able to do a 1st, 3rd, and 2012 3rd... We shall see... I just know TD knows its no way in the world Aldon Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, and Cam Jordan is not making it to our pick so trading up is the only way we get one of those guys... Its a good chance Tampa and the Saints will grab DE's.

geez you can't be serious.

I disagree on Watt I think he could be effective in a 4-3.