I think I would give up the 2nd rounder this year to trade up and get Robert Quinn. I know the chances of that happening are slim to none, but I think he's going to be the best DE to come out of this class. He's the total package... speed, strength, athleticism, and a great motor and football IQ. Plus he's a Tar Heel! If he had played this year I think he would be considered the top DE in the draft over Bowers. If he falls out of the top 10 I would love to see the Falcons trade up for him.

Would you give up a 2nd rounder to get Robert Quinn?

I'd rather trade up for Ryan Kerrigan over a guy with a knee injury who only showed up last season or a guy with a brain tumor who missed all of last season.

Seriously, I still don't see how these guys are rated ahead of Ryan Kerrigan. I've seriously watched every top DE closely and I just don't see any of them near as good as him. He doesn't make as many mistakes and he's so relentless, not to mention he put up better combine numbers than most of these top rated DE's.

I think I would give up the 2nd rounder this year to trade up and get Robert Quinn. I know the chances of that happening are slim to none, but I think he's going to be the best DE to come out of this class. He's the total package... speed, strength, athleticism, and a great motor and football IQ. Plus he's a Tar Heel! If he had played this year I think he would be considered the top DE in the draft over Bowers. If he falls out of the top 10 I would love to see the Falcons trade up for him.

i would in a heartbeat. I have been saying all along that quinn was number 1 DE.

Seriously, I still don't see how these guys are rated ahead of Ryan Kerrigan.

I'm not doubting Kerrigan's talent. I really like the kid, and I wish we had a legit shot at him. However, he will be gone when we pick, and he is a dirty boilermaker. Worst. Mascot. Ever.

I think he is a high motor, consistent type player, but Kerrigan is not going to be an elite pass rusher... probably. I think he is the safer type pick, but is looking like he will get drafted before Quinn anyways.

I think that I would. I would consider giving up next years first or second as well for this kid. I'm not a big fan of trading away picks, but this kid in a 43 defense could be special.

The nice part if that happened--and it's a big if--we could still grab a nice speed wr and rb with the 3rd and 4th round picks.

How about this years 1st and 3rd and next year's second?

To me, that would be an easy decision to make that trade. The kid is an elite talent. Kerrigan is good, but he's not a franchise guy. Quinn had an insane 09 season as a 19 year old! He hasn't even physically matured, yet. When you project Quinn, you're talking about a 275 lb freak athlete in a couple of years.

And, to be honest, other than the brain tumor (benign if i remember correctly) this kid is probably the most elite player in the draft.

I'm not doubting Kerrigan's talent. I really like the kid, and I wish we had a legit shot at him. However, he will be gone when we pick, and he is a dirty boilermaker. Worst. Mascot. Ever.

I think he is a high motor, consistent type player, but Kerrigan is not going to be an elite pass rusher... probably. I think he is the safer type pick, but is looking like he will get drafted before Quinn anyways.

Pete isnt the worst ... well maybe im biased from watching him and "The worlds largest drum " for years as a kid.

yeah, I think I would give up the 2nd round to go with our first rounder.

Per Trade Value Chart:

#1-27 = 680pts

#2-59 = 310pts

Total = 990pts

That would get us up to the 16th pick overall(1,000pts) which is Jacksonville's pick. If Quinn fell that far, Jax would just take him. Miami at 15th overall(1,050pts) would probably be an excellent trade partner because Dolphins are looking at QB/RB and neither are good values at #15. Problem is, I don't see Robert Quinn dropping much past Houston Texans at #11 overall.

yeah, I think I would give up the 2nd round to go with our first rounder.

Per Trade Value Chart:

#1-27 = 680pts

#2-59 = 310pts

Total = 990pts

That would get us up to the 16th pick overall(1,000pts) which is Jacksonville's pick. If Quinn fell that far, Jax would just take him. Miami at 15th overall(1,050pts) would probably be an excellent trade partner because Dolphins are looking at QB/RB and neither are good values at #15. Problem is, I don't see Robert Quinn dropping much past Houston Texans at #11 overall.

I still think Quinn is too big for an OLB. And the Texans need a lot of other help. Any DB or DT should be the pick, it just depends on if the value is there.

I do like the Fins there as a trading partner.

I still think Quinn is too big for an OLB. And the Texans need a lot of other help. Any DB or DT should be the pick, it just depends on if the value is there.

I do like the Fins there as a trading partner.

agree that Quinn is better-suited to be a DE

agree that Fins are a good trading partner

disagree that there will be a CB of good value at #11 - think both Peterson and Amukamara are both gone - not that you said they would be available.

i'd prefer houston

Quinn is a one year wonder. You said you don't like or want a one year wonder.

Not to mention he hasn't played since that year either.

Being a one year wonder isn't necessarily a black ball, but it's something to look at. Quinn has a pretty odd path to the draft, but the skill he showed his sophomore season was more than enough to convince me. If he can develop from that, he will be an elite pass rusher.