We worked out Brandon Harris yesterday

University of Miami cornerback Brandon Harris worked out for the Atlanta Falcons and the Denver Broncos today, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The NFL teams also worked out cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Harris is regarded as a late first-round, early second-round draft target.

He struggled in the Hurricanes' bowl game against Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd, but otherwise had a strong season.

As a sophomore, he ranked second in the nation and led the Atlantic Coast Conference with 15 pass deflections and was named first-team all-conference. He was a Jim Thorpe Award semifinalist with 52 tackles, six tackles for losses and two interceptions.

As a freshman, Harris ran track as he competed in the 60 meters, 400 meters and 4x400-meter relay.

He finished with 132 career tackles, nine tackles for losses, four interceptions, five forced fumbles, two sacks and 28 pass deflections.

I would have no gripes w Harris in round one.

Grimes could be a FA.

Robinson cap hit will grow

Owens is suffering from Chevis Jackson syndrome it seems.

You NEED 3 starters @ CB in today's NFL.

Exactly.We have seen this over the last few years. Especially recently.

I'm not sure who that guy is going to be but we sure seem to like Brandon Harris.

Also, I remember Sportsfreak saying that Robinson was supposed to play nickel in sub packages while Owens was supposed to slide over to the outside in those packages. Obviously, that didn't happen b/c Owens didn't progress like we thought. This would allow Robinson to blitz(something he is good at and likes to do)....

It looks like we might be looking for that guy that can play inside and outside. Who knows, Owens could be that guy out of all people...

Well I don't know much about Brandon Harris but I can tell you this - Charley Casserly of NFL Network (former Redskins/Texans GM) is not a fan of Mr. Brandon Harris.

Casserly ripped him pretty good the other day. Said he does not have the speed to hang w/ most NFL WRs and is too small to convert to safety.

Don't shoot me, just tellin' you what he said.

I would have no gripes w Harris in round one.

Grimes could be a FA.

Robinson cap hit will grow

Owens is suffering from Chevis Jackson syndrome it seems.

You NEED 3 starters @ CB in today's NFL.

well if we need three then who will be the other guy, so far u only mentioned two,,,, and grimes is restriced, so he isnt going anywhere

Well I don't know much about Brandon Harris but I can tell you this - Charley Casserly of NFL Network (former Redskins/Texans GM) is not a fan of Mr. Brandon Harris.

Casserly ripped him pretty good the other day. Said he does not have the speed to hang w/ most NFL WRs and is too small to convert to safety.

You mean the same Casserly that said Titus Young is the same size as Roddy White? That Charley Casserly? The one that drafted David Carr number 1 overall? The one that traded a 2nd and 3rd round picks to Oakland for Phillip Buchanon and than released him 4 games into the next season? Only two things Charley did good as the Texans GM is not draft Reggie Bush and draft Andre Johnson. His eye for talent is questionable at times

just got to say no to harris. You cant draft a 3rd corner in the first round, its just stupid. Im a miami guy and i dont think he is a first rounder.

Yup.

The Saints are dumb.

The Jets are stupid.

Drafting a 3rd corner that has the ability to "start" in the event of an injury is moronic.

Never mind the fact that the NFL is now a pass-happy league where 3 and 4 WR sets are now the norm for many offenses.

-----

Oh, by the way...

The reason I quoted the word "start" was to denote the irony in that most #3 corners nowadays see almost as much time on the field as #1 and #2 corners.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

You mean the same Casserly that said Titus Young is the same size as Roddy White? That Charley Casserly? The one that drafted David Carr number 1 overall? The one that traded a 2nd and 3rd round picks to Oakland for Phillip Buchanon and than released him 4 games into the next season? Only two things Charley did good as the Texans GM is not draft Reggie Bush and draft Andre Johnson. His eye for talent is questionable at times

I can't stand Casserly's appearance or voice.

The guy makes me want to bludgeon myself to death with a spiked baseball bat.

drafted Champ Bailey

drafted Andre Johnson

drafted Mario Williams (when everybody said he was an idiot for not taking Reggie Bush)

Which (if true) means he could drop pretty far (3rd, 4th, even 5th). Maybe the Falcons are just doing their homework in case he does have a big fall?

drafted Champ Bailey

drafted Andre Johnson

drafted Mario Williams (when everybody said he was an idiot for not taking Reggie Bush)

I forgot about Champ. He did great there. But I guess you didn't read my message because I brought up Andre Johnson and not drafting Reggie Bush. But he still traded two very high picks for a subpar player in Phillip Buchnon. And he still took David Carr number 1. Horrible

I saw that aswell and he may be a competitor but I see him getting ripped bigtime by NFL WRer's if we are seriously looking at a CB at 27 I hope its Jimmy Smith if he can interview well and is on the radar I'd take him all day over Brandan Harris.

Edited by kiwifalcon

one scenario that could play out is John Fox coveting a round one RB like mikel leshoure who is similar to former #1 pick jonathan stewert. Fox has the ammo to trade up with two 2nd rounders and their #36 and #46 is almost perfectly equal to our #27 and #59.

the incentive for us would be jumping up higher in the draft with our second pick if we legitamately want a shot at DE allen bailey and are hoping to get him in round 2. i can see our draft unfolding thusly.

#36-Brandon Harris

#46-Allen Bailey

#91-Casey Matthews

#124-Bilal Powell

#158-Derrick Locke

#192-Mistral Raymond

#210-Zach Hurd

#229-Denarius Moore

#230-Chris Blohm