Falcons have 9 draft picks

CB, DE, TE, WR, OT, OG, LB, S, WR

This is the way I'd like to see it go. I would prefer that we don't do any trades. We are always going to miss on some players and hit on others. Every year it seems like somebody gets the steal of the draft in the 7th round. I like having 3 chances of it being us.

why is corner more important that a defensive end???grimes and d-rob are our starters. We have no legit starter opposite of ja55.

Because the one game we didn't have Brian Williams against Green Bay, our NB was completely exposed. Brian Williams is gone, so I see that as a big gaping hole. Plus Grimes might be gone after this year, so it would be great to have a heir apparent that can play NB for a year before being thrown in there. And I don't think a difference-maker at DE that could start or make a big impact will be available at 27. Prime DE's are gone in the top half of round 1.

Because the one game we didn't have Brian Williams against Green Bay, our NB was completely exposed. Brian Williams is gone, so I see that as a big gaping hole. Plus Grimes might be gone after this year, so it would be great to have a heir apparent that can play NB for a year before being thrown in there. And I don't think a difference-maker at DE that could start or make a big impact will be available at 27. Prime DE's are gone in the top half of round 1.

why would grimes be gone after next season??Dude just made the pro-bowl and was our best defensive player. He will get resigned. TD would be insane to not sign him to a long term contract. We need a pass rush more than anythang.. d-franks could be the next fill in for nickle back, or if chris owens gets his ish right, we still have him as depth..No need to bring in a corner who will only be brought in to play nickel.A great pass rush will make our corners look good. If need be, we should trade up to get a DE..We have been needing a prime DE for years now.

why would grimes be gone after next season??Dude just made the pro-bowl and was our best defensive player. He will get resigned. TD would be insane to not sign him to a long term contract. We need a pass rush more than anythang.. d-franks could be the next fill in for nickle back, or if chris owens gets his ish right, we still have him as depth..No need to bring in a corner who will only be brought in to play nickel.A great pass rush will make our corners look good. If need be, we should trade up to get a DE..We have been needing a prime DE for years now.

You might be right about Grimes. I like Grimes and would love to see us re-sign him. I just don't see us tying up $20 million a year on 2 CB's. DE's in the draft are a huge gamble because they rarely pan out, especially so late in the first. A CB at 27 is a pretty safe pick to fill a NB role and improve immediately. Abe is in the last year of his contract, so I would prefer that we take a DE in the 2nd that we are not depending on to start and we can use in a situational role while we develop all of our young DE's for a year. Than next offseason we use that $10 mil a year for a known stud DE to replace Abe instead of tying up $20 mil at one position.

Unlike others on here, I think our biggest problem has been at NT. We have not had that stud NT that can wreak havoc in the middle of the pocket since Grady. If Jerry and Peters can step it up a notch, I think we'll see a lot more consistent production from Biermann, Babineaux, and Abe.