Who saw Titus Young on NFL Network last night?

One thing people have criticized Young for is his arrogant demeanor and attitude. ****, even I have.

With that being said, I liked what I saw of him on NFL Network last night.

Jeff Saturday, Billick, & Mora had Young on NFL Network's mini practice field and had him simultaneously demonstrate and explain how he would beat various types of jams and coverages.

Young was not only knowledgeable (which he should be) but articulate when giving his explanations. Unlike previous times I've seen Young, he didn't seem to carry that arrogant aura that has somewhat come to define him over recent weeks/months. In addition, he seemed very happy and excited to be there while constantly having a huge grin on his face.

Now, Young has to be aware of why people have been knocking him, so I'm sure his agent has drilled it into his head to try and come off as more "likeable". But in watching him closely, he seemed genuinely happy to be there, and perhaps he has actually been humbled to a certain extent?

Billick said that he liked the fact that Young had a "plan" for any type of jam/coverage he would see, and I agree with that; I, too, was impressed by all that I saw.

Lastly, when I think of Roddy and what he has gone through as an NFL player, I think he can keep Young in line when it comes to what it takes to be a great NFL receiver.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

I liked the kid--particularly his intelligence. He was well coached at Boise. Did you notice when Saturday nearly knocked him backwards? Particularly, how he kept his balance and momentum forward? I didn't like him that much until i watched him on that segment. He looks like in the right system he can be a very good wr

One thing people have criticized Young for is his arrogant demeanor and attitude. ****, even I have.

With that being said, I liked what I saw of him on NFL Network last night.

Jeff Saturday, Billick, & Mora had Young on NFL Network's mini practice field and had him simultaneously demonstrate and explain how he would beat various types of jams and coverages.

Young was not only knowledgeable (which he should be) but articulate when giving his explanations. Unlike previous times I've seen Young, he didn't seem to carry that arrogant aura that has somewhat come to define him over recent weeks/months. In addition, he seemed very happy and excited to be there while constantly having a huge grin on his face.

Now, Young has to be aware of why people have been knocking him, so I'm sure his agent has drilled it into his head to try and come off as more "likeable". But in watching him closely, he seemed genuinely happy to be there, and perhaps he has actually been humbled to a certain extent?

Billick said that he liked the fact that Young had a "plan" for any type of jam/coverage he would see, and I agree with that; I, too, was impressed by all that I saw.

Lastly, when I think of Roddy and what he has gone through as an NFL player, I think he can keep Young in line when it comes to what it takes to be a great NFL receiver.

I've always liked Young, I don't care if he is arrogant, this is football, not a beauty contest.

I honestly believe that a lot of times being arrogant comes along with your success, especially if your are elite at any profession. I think it is all about how you control it. If you blow off fans because you think your're too good, that to me is arrogance going overboard. If you tell a DB he sucks and he can't stop you, I have no problem with that. If you think as a rookie WR you are better than every player at the position in the league and you are working your butt off and doing well, I have no problem with that.

Everybody is competing for playing time, jobs, and money in the NFL. I don't think guys go around throwing bouquets at their competition. Nothing wrong with giving props to another guy or being friends with others, but I think a lot of these guys think they are the best and they should. I don't want a WR that thinks there are 15 guys in the NFL better than they are. I want them to think they are number 1 and hopefully they will be driven to work to stay there.

I've always liked Young, I don't care if he is arrogant, this is football, not a beauty contest.

I honestly believe that a lot of times being arrogant comes along with your success, especially if your are elite at any profession. I think it is all about how you control it. If you blow off fans because you think your're too good, that to me is arrogance going overboard. If you tell a DB he sucks and he can't stop you, I have no problem with that. If you think as a rookie WR you are better than every player at the position in the league and you are working your butt off and doing well, I have no problem with that.

Everybody is competing for playing time, jobs, and money in the NFL. I don't think guys go around throwing bouquets at their competition. Nothing wrong with giving props to another guy or being friends with others, but I think a lot of these guys think they are the best and they should. I don't want a WR that thinks there are 15 guys in the NFL better than they are. I want them to think they are number 1 and hopefully they will be driven to work to stay there.

I agree with that.

But obviously the concern that was coming out in regards to Titus Young was that he was arrogant to the point that it had gone "overboard", as you put it.

I don't mind confidence. In fact, I like it. I like when a guy talks some sh!t. I've done it all through life in sports (and still do it when I play), so I'd be a hypocrite if I said I disliked Titus Young for talking some sh!t and being confident. At the same time, I don't like it if you're so incredibly arrogant and egotistical that you can become uncoachable and a potential "cancer" in the locker room.

In the past, I got that vibe from Young based off of his mannerisms and facial expressions. The reports that came out shortly after the combine seemed to have confirmed my belief.

However, after actually watching him speak on NFL Network and how he acted, I've taken a step back from my original line of thinking.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

I'm all over Titus Young with that #59 pick if Falcons grab a DE in 1st round.....

....Titus Young added to Roddy White would bring "the swagger" to Falcons offense. That much talent would put the pressure on Mike Mularkey to get out of his comfort zone and actually have an aggressive offensive game plan.

My dream Falcons first three picks:

#1-27)Justin Houston, DE-Georgia

#2-59)Titus Young, WR-Boise State

#3-91)Kendall Hunter, RB-Oklahoma State

E

X

P

L

O

S

I

O

N

!

!

!

If we wanted a quick type receiver, then I'd be all for him in the 2nd.

Personally, I prefer the big bodied guys that you can just throw the ball up to and let them make the play. I prefer guys like Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall over DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace but that's just me, some of you would say the other way around. Can't go wrong with either type though if they've got good talent, like Titus Young.

He reminds me of Peerless Price.........that is not a bad thing unless you expect him to be your #1 WR.

Young showed he knows how to uses his hands but I wonder if he has the strength to make his hand swats and punches effective vs. CBs who will be twice as strong as him. If I work him out I would want to see how he gets off the line vs. NFL quality CBs in press coverage.

I'd love to see that explosiveness used out of the slot. My 2nd question is can he make catches in traffic and after contact. That is HD's problem. He gets his hands on alot of passes but when there is contact he drops the ball. His lack of size, not height but mass, worries me in this regard. Look at other succesful slot WR like Welker and the former Patriot slot WR Troy Brown. They may both be 5'10'' or under but they are built like tanks in comparison to HD and T. Young and that body size helps them shield tacklers when making catches in traffic.

I know they are apples and oranges but G. Little looked liked a beast when they focused on him. 6'2'' and 230 lbs while running a 4.52 40 is a beast. His hands looked great. Like Charles Davis said........he will make the tough catches in the "dirty part of the field" and can absord contact during a catch with that huge frame of his. I can see him running over some DBs after the catch.

If all Little's off the field concerns are simply going to an agents party in Miami then I have no problems with him.

Edited by coachx

He reminds me of Peerless Price.........that is not a bad thing unless you expect him to be your #1 WR.

Young showed he knows how to uses his hands but I wonder if he has the strength to make his hand swats and punches effective vs. CBs who will be twice as strong as him. If I work him out I would want to see how he gets off the line vs. NFL quality CBs in press coverage.

I'd love to see that explosiveness used out of the slot. My 2nd question is can he make catches in traffic and after contact. That is HD's problem. He gets his hands on alot of passes but when there is contact he drops the ball. His lack of size, not height but mass, worries me in this regard. Look at other succesful slot WR like Welker and the former Patriot slot WR Troy Brown. They may both be 5'10'' or under but they are built like tanks in comparison to HD and T. Young and that body size helps them shield tacklers when making catches in traffic.

I know they are apples and oranges but G. Little looked liked a beast when they focused on him. 6'2'' and 230 lbs while running a 4.52 40 is a beast. His hands looked great. Like Charles Davis said........he will make the tough catches in the "dirty part of the field" and can absord contact during a catch with that huge frame of his. I can see him running over some DBs after the catch.

If all Little's off the field concerns are simply going to an agents party in Miami then I have no problems with him.

I like Little too. The 4.53 was a bit of a surprise, didn't think he was a low 4.5 guy. He was a lot bigger at 231 than the last time he lined up at UNC. I read some place that they thought he did a bunch of lying in interviews. Not sure how valid that is, but I think he is in the T.O. mold with those measurements. I think he could be a good one in the NFL. I'll take a chance in round 3 if Baldwin, Cobb, Young and T. Smith, Jernigan and Hankerson are gone, but not sure if the Falcons would.