Cam Newton hit this guys mom.

This is what pro football weekly writer Nolan Nowrocki has to say about Cam Newton...

"Very disingenuous – has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law – does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness – is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

That's a lot to act like you know about a guy you don't really know... ya know?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

This is what pro football weekly writer Nolan Nowrocki has to say about Cam Newton...

"Very disingenuous – has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law – does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness – is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

Yeah, but would he pass the..................FALCON FILTER? :rolleyes:

I heard the opposite, I heard he is a leader, has an incredible work ethic, as well as extraordinary talent. I don't know the guy but I just wouldn't feel comfortable making the face of my franchise a guy who started one season in college.

As for the falcon filter, he wouldn't pass because why the **** would we draft a QB?

As for the falcon filter, he wouldn't pass because why the **** would we draft a QB?

Because at some point you need to go with someone who can win under pressure. You know, that whole "big game" thing we used to hear so much about. OH IT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION MY BAD

Edited by joe horn

Was reading that yesterday, that guy seems to really have it in for Newton.

Fake Smile? Questioning his work ethic? <--That stuff has me disregarding everything the guy wrote, even a few of the negatives that may be valid, because "fake smile" for example, is just too childish.

He has bust written all over him if he has a fake smile. :lol:

Because at some point you need to go with someone who can win under pressure. You know, that whole "big game" thing we used to hear so much about. OH IT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION MY BAD

Clearly he cannot do this since he tied Dan Marino for the most wins by a Quarterback during the first three years as pro. I know he hasnt won in playoffs as of yet, but that will come. Peyton Manning started his playoff career 0-3 before his first playoff win.

Clearly he cannot do this since he tied Dan Marino for the most wins by a Quarterback during the first three years as pro. I know he hasnt won in playoffs as of yet, but that will come. Peyton Manning started his playoff career 0-3 before his first playoff win.

yes but Peyton Manning can also throw a good deep ball

Yeah, your right, The Falcons would be much better off next year with Ryan Mallet at the helm calling all the plays. If you really thought Ryan sucked that bad you would be hoping we never replaced him, not talking about how we should have someone else. I wish to **** the saints would get rid of Drew Brees because he is a great talent and has the potential to beat us whenever we play each other. However Im pretty sure it takes more than one man to win or lose a football game. ****, Trent Dilfer was at best an average QB and he won a SB, not because he was great but because he had a great team around him. We weren't good enough this year but neither was anyone else in this division.

Not to mention an enormous ego. We know no great player had that!

But the fake smile is what makes guys drop outta the first three rounds!

Luckily they picked up his fake smile when they gave him a urine test during the combine or he may have gotten away with it.

I was being sincere, he was one of their better QBs!

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

he had all the ability in the world. he just had no leadership ability at all

used to drive me nuts that he would have the goofy smile on his face after an INT

Yeah, your right, The Falcons would be much better off next year with Ryan Mallet at the helm calling all the plays. If you really thought Ryan sucked that bad you would be hoping we never replaced him, not talking about how we should have someone else. I wish to **** the saints would get rid of Drew Brees because he is a great talent and has the potential to beat us whenever we play each other. However Im pretty sure it takes more than one man to win or lose a football game. ****, Trent Dilfer was at best an average QB and he won a SB, not because he was great but because he had a great team around him. We weren't good enough this year but neither was anyone else in this division.

Calling Dilfer average is like calling Rosie O'Donnell cute. Dilfer was garbage who had one season (the SB season) where he didn't throw more picks than touchdowns. The Ravens defense won that Super Bowl. Dilfer had like 9 TDs that season lol.

Calling Dilfer average is like calling Rosie O'Donnell cute. Dilfer was garbage who had one season (the SB season) where he didn't throw more picks than touchdowns. The Ravens defense won that Super Bowl. Dilfer had like 9 TDs that season lol.

actually in Tampa the threw 21td's with 15 int's one year and another with 21 td's and 11 int's. but the guy was pretty much garbage, I think we can all agree with that.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

wait that wasn't rob johnson?

You mean Brad Johnson? Rob Johnson was our backup QB a couple of seasons when he wasn't surfing.

two words:

Aaron Brooks

Aaron Brooks was a slightly above average QB. You don't throw for 20,000 yards, 123 TDs to 92 INTs by mistake.

That said, WTH does Cam Newton have to do with Aaron Brooks? Brooks didn't win a title at the collegiate level. Wasn't a round 1 pick. Wasn't 6'5" 250 lbs and was a pocket QB coming into the league. All the other leadership talk about Newton is purely unfounded haterism.:huh:

Edited by Saintdogg

I heard they call Matt Ryan "ice" because he was cool under pressure. Doesn't mean it's true but it's what I heard.

I suspect they started calling him Matty Ice in highschool as it rhymes with Naty Ice, and it just had a reliable back-up creation tale.

Aaron Brooks was a slightly above average QB. You don't throw for 20,000 yards, 123 TDs to 92 INTs by mistake.

That said, WTH does Cam Newton have to do with Aaron Brooks? Brooks didn't win a title at the collegiate level. Wasn't a round 1 pick. Wasn't 6'5" 250 lbs and was a pocket QB coming into the league. All the other leadership talk about Newton is purely unfounded haterism.:huh:

He's basically a stronger, more fit Culpepper imo.