Detroit trade was originally a ?

HashMark

Mar. 29, 2011 5:56 p.m. - Atlanta's official draft picks were released Tuesday. The selections are: first round (27), second round (59), third round (91), fourth round (124), fifth round (158), sixth round (192), seventh round (209, 228, 229). Picks 209 and 229 come from trades with Detroit (CB Chris Houston) and New England (OL Quinn Ojinnaka)

I thought it they lost a pick or something that got us a 6th?? any help thanks in advance!

It was originially a 7th round pick that we were getting in the Houston trade.

Detroit had 2 trades that ended up getting them 7th round picks. One was definitely a 7th round pick, the other I'm guessing was conditional and ended up a 7th rounder because nobody knew for sure in the last month & a half that Detroit definitely had 3 picks in the 7th round. So there was a lot of speculation that Detroit would have to give us a 6th round pick to complete the trade since we got the higher of their 2 picks.

What I don't understand is why a pick traded to Detroit was used as the pick that was surrendered for their tampering charge. Seems like that the pick that would be surrendered would be their original pick. Not that it matters a great deal, but we could have been picking about 5 or 6 spots earlier in the 7th round if that was the case.

Mar. 29, 2011 5:56 p.m. - Atlanta's official draft picks were released Tuesday. The selections are: first round (27), second round (59), third round (91), fourth round (124), fifth round (158), sixth round (192), seventh round (209, 228, 229). Picks 209 and 229 come from trades with Detroit (CB Chris Houston) and New England (OL Quinn Ojinnaka)

I thought it they lost a pick or something that got us a 6th?? any help thanks in advance!

The picks might still hinge on a Detroit Lions appeal of their tampering punishment. If the earlier decision is reversed, the S.F. 49ers would get the Jets late 7th rounder(O'Connell trade)to finish the Shaun Hill deal and we would get the Lions regular 7th(#209)

Edited by muskokas finest