Braves Hang Wild Card Banner In LF

Falconsfan567

I don't mind the World Series & National League Championship Banners. They should put the Division and WC Banners elsewhere. That area of the stadium should be for League Championship and World Series Banners. Include the ones from when the Braves were in Boston and Mil. We should celebrate Braves entire history of accomplishments.

I don't mind the World Series & National League Championship Banners. They should put the Division and WC Banners elsewhere. That area of the stadium should be for League Championship and World Series Banners. Include the ones from when the Braves were in Boston and Mil. We should celebrate Braves entire history of accomplishments.

mostly agree, i differ in that division championships should be hung with league and world championships.

hanging a wild card banner is ridiculous.

"woohoo we were second place!"

mostly agree, i differ in that division championships should be hung with league and world championships.

hanging a wild card banner is ridiculous.

"woohoo we were second place!"

I disagree. Normally I would agree but baseball is different. Only 8 teams out of 30 make the playoffs each year and surviving a 162-game schedule to do it should recognized and rewarded.

If this were the NBA, NHL or NFL then I would be in agreement. In the NBA 16 teams make the playoffs and more than a few do it with losing records. In the NHL 16 teams make the playoffs and in the NFL 12 teams make the playoffs. Rewarding winning a wild card or just making the playoffs in those leagues shouldn't be considered as much of an achivement as being one of the 8 MLB teams to make the playoffs after playing 162 games.

I disagree. Normally I would agree but baseball is different. Only 8 teams out of 30 make the playoffs each year and surviving a 162-game schedule to do it should recognized and rewarded.

If this were the NBA, NHL or NFL then I would be in agreement. In the NBA 16 teams make the playoffs and more than a few do it with losing records. In the NHL 16 teams make the playoffs and in the NFL 12 teams make the playoffs. Rewarding winning a wild card or just making the playoffs in those leagues shouldn't be considered as much of an achivement as being one of the 8 MLB teams to make the playoffs after playing 162 games.

+1. I am proud of that Wild card banner. I bet any other team in baseball last year would have loved that wild card banner.

Agreed

Yep. I figured that's why Chip and Joe didn't say anything about it and I caught it covered up today.

Yeah, I saw it yesterday when I was at the game, figured that's what it must be. Only bad thing about it is it's another ******** thing for drunk morons to beat on during games. Never in my life have I wished bad things to happen to people, but I really wish one of those fools had fallen off the balcony.

+1. I am proud of that Wild card banner. I bet any other team in baseball last year would have loved that wild card banner.

6 division winners didn't want to hang a wild card banner. it's basically hanging a banner for being the best second place team. i'm not against recognizing winning the wildcard, but c'mon, it's hanging up there next to our World Championship banner.

6 division winners didn't want to hang a wild card banner. it's basically hanging a banner for being the best second place team. i'm not against recognizing winning the wildcard, but c'mon, it's hanging up there next to our World Championship banner.

The point is to make the playoffs period, winning the division is just a caveat. And it's hardly a banner for being the best 2nd place team..We were a game off from having the 2nd best record in the NL.

The point is to make the playoffs period, winning the division is just a caveat. And it's hardly a banner for being the best 2nd place team..We were a game off from having the 2nd best record in the NL.

it actually is a banner for being the best 2nd place team. that's exactly what the wild card is.

yes, last year was a good year. no one is disputing that. but i still think that banners should be for championships.