'fess up" if you wanted this guy...

PapaJoe

By Sean Leahy, USA TODAY

Dez Bryant has come under fire from a second creditor who claims in a suit that the Dallas Cowboys receiver owes hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Eleow Hunt alleged in a court filing that Bryant owes him more than $600,000 for loans and merchandise extended over the past few years. The news of Hunt's lawsuit (via ESPN) comes on the heels of a lawsuit from a jeweler claiming Bryant owed $246,000 on a $267,000 bill.

The latest suit alleges that Hunt -- also a jeweler and a ticket broker in Texas -- provided Bryant with jewelry, tickets to sporting events and even loans through his advisor, David Wells, that have yet to be paid back.

Among the services Hunt is seeking remuneration for:

•Jewelry totaling $588,500

•Sporting event tickets totaling $15,850 (including some Cowboys tickets in 2009, the year before Bryant joined the team)

•$11,000 cash from an outstanding loan for $26,000 given to Wells on Bryant's behalf

The suit -- originally filed last year -- contends that Hunt supplied Bryant with goods over 11 months starting in June 2009, when Bryant was still a student at Oklahoma State.

Bryant signed a five-year contract last July after being drafted in the first round. It included about $8.3 million in guaranteed money.

At Oklahoma State, Bryant was suspended by the NCAA for much of his final season after he lied to officials about his meetings with former NFL player Deion Sanders.

Guest whitestain

Glad you guys are jumping all over this like there's no way it is anything but the gospel. :rolleyes:

Well all "the gospel" is is hearsay anyways, so...I guess it's the gospel.

And he may well owe every penny of it. But with all the other stuff going on, The guy owing money.... even millions just aint on my concern list to be honest. Young and stupid he may be but it's hard to pick out one guy for that...

I'm sure it's on the "concern list" of the jeweler, who is owed $588,000 for custom made jewelery that Dez refuses to pay for.

I would have to imagine, if it was your money/business it would be on your radar as well.

Just so there's no confusion, just because you choose to ignore something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

eh, no shame in wantin a good WR to play for the Falcons. May be young and dumb but people are that way, he'll grow up eventually.

Half the fans in Atlanta want Mike Vick back when he didnt give the team his all and murdered dogs for a hobby. They bash the winningest QB in franchise history cuz they want Mike Vick back, I think Vick has done way worse than Dez.

when i think about Dez...I think about the primetime game where his team was down by a 100 points and he had a 50 yard kick return produced purely by his own effort(not one decent block from teammates). Who doesn't want that kind of production on the field? The question is would he be the same person off the field if he was surrounded by our guys?

I'll admit I wanted him for a minute and I'd still take him.

I'm honestly baffled by him and talieb and whomever else. I don't think I recall ever meeting a college grad that had this type of immaturity. I don't say all college grads are mature but it takes discipline and focus to get a degree and usually that comes with a bit of maturity and common sense. I really wonder how many of the guys that do these stupid things really earned their degrees.

I'll admit I wanted him for a minute and I'd still take him.

I'm honestly baffled by him and talieb and whomever else. I don't think I recall ever meeting a college grad that had this type of immaturity. I don't say all college grads are mature but it takes discipline and focus to get a degree and usually that comes with a bit of maturity and common sense. I really wonder how many of the guys that do these stupid things really earned their degrees.

I know many college grads that just spent all week partying and stoned then when the real world. graduation came, they straightened up by forsce of reality.

Lot's of these athletes grew up poor, only went to school on a schlarship and could not party so much because they had to study for their own tests and stay in the shape to play the game through the week, So then they hit bigtime, get a wad of money and do just the opposite, go party like the other guys did in college.

Like I said, WHo he's owes money to doesn't concern me.It concerns the guy he owes it to. I don't doubt over half the people on this board owe money to someone. Not like the dude is accused of shooting people or getting a DUI. Packers John Jolley has been arrested TWICE for drug possession and no one is making a peep You know because it's wisconson and that team is run the " right" way. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's on the "concern list" of the jeweler, who is owed $588,000 for custom made jewelery that Dez refuses to pay for.

I would have to imagine, if it was your money/business it would be on your radar as well.

Just so there's no confusion, just because you choose to ignore something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Yea it would be on my concern list. But how does it concern you? So there's no confusion.

How did you choose " dirty dealin'" as a screen name, being so pure of heart and full of concern for others money?