New yahoo mock draft

I was looking through the new yahoo mock draft for first round and they have us taking Martez Wilson from Illinois. Considering our expectations in free agency(if there is one) and the current developing players we have at wide reciever and DE, another playmaking linebacker could have an immediate effect. The only problem with Wilson is a serious herniated disk injusy he suffered back in 2009. After reading more about the seriousness of it, it seems that his injury could be a huge risk with only a little bit of reward. That being said, what do you think the chances we start to look at the other outside linebackers in this draft as a top pick?

Can't believe we would do that. We JUST dropped a 1st round pick on an OLB last year and ignored defensive end. Do we need another 1st round OLB? That is a position we can work with a guy in the later rounds. I mean, seriously, who takes 2 4-3 OLB's in the 1st in repeated years.

Can't believe we would do that. We JUST dropped a 1st round pick on an OLB last year and ignored defensive end. Do we need another 1st round OLB? That is a position we can work with a guy in the later rounds. I mean, seriously, who takes 2 4-3 OLB's in the 1st in repeated years.

I agree with you. I just don't see us talking another linebacker when there are so many other needs at DE and WR. I really see them going DE with the first pick.

I agree with you. I just don't see us talking another linebacker when there are so many other needs at DE and WR. I really see them going DE with the first pick.

I can see it happening with premier positions, but 4-3 OLB's are rarely worth a 1st round pick. Jags spent a year or two taking two tackles or defensive ends high in the same draft. Bucs did it with DT's and WR's last year too. But who takes 2 OLB's? Nicholas was a 4th rounder (I think). Boley was a 5th. Lots of talent at that position can be found later in the draft.

I was looking through the new yahoo mock draft for first round and they have us taking Martez Wilson from Illinois. Considering our expectations in free agency(if there is one) and the current developing players we have at wide reciever and DE, another playmaking linebacker could have an immediate effect. The only problem with Wilson is a serious herniated disk injusy he suffered back in 2009. After reading more about the seriousness of it, it seems that his injury could be a huge risk with only a little bit of reward. That being said, what do you think the chances we start to look at the other outside linebackers in this draft as a top pick?

i cnt say i wouldnt be TOO surprised, i mean one of the biggest reasons why our SECONDARY was/is bad is not just the CBs, the LBs play a role in that as well, and we need more then just one LB that can cover, and right now thats all we have....so tho it may be a head scratcher, its not like its not a need...

i cnt say i wouldnt be TOO surprised, i mean one of the biggest reasons why our SECONDARY was/is bad is not just the CBs, the LBs play a role in that as well, and we need more then just one LB that can cover, and right now thats all we have....so tho it may be a head scratcher, its not like its not a need...

This was kind of my thinking as well. We all know how we like to take the time and really see if these players will pan out. That being said, most of these immediate needs we have are filled with young and inexperienced players. I think as far as DE, CB, and WR it would be premature to count out our hopes for the young guys we have coming up. Because of the current linebacker situation and Nicholas wanting starter money, that is the only reason I could see filling a hole with an immediate potential starter that could take some pressure off of the secondary in coverage.

Guest whitestain

The only way I want the Falcons taking an OLB in the first this year is if they move all the way up to get Von Miller.

He will be the most explosive and dominant defensive player in this draft from day 1

The only way I want the Falcons taking an OLB in the first this year is if they move all the way up to get Von Miller.

He will be the most explosive and dominant defensive player in this draft from day 1

Maybe, but there is some decent OLB talent in later rounds...based on the curve of this being a not-so-hot draft overall.