If we paid Dunta, for the love of god pay GRIMES

While ill say Grimes is SICKKKKKK and a beast of a corner, lets not get this twisted. Dunta wasn't thrown to at all really, thus Grimes got most of the shots his way. Grimes rised to the occasion, and had a stellar year with some sick highlights. If all the teams would of threw to Dunta, then we would have seen more Dunta Highlights. Pay Grimes though. He needs to be back!!

i dont get that whole thing about people saying dunta was not being thrown too. He was thrown too, and most of the time when he did, he didnt make any plays. While stats might not show that, all of us who actually watch the games, know that when dunta "did" get thrown at, he didnt make any plays. QB's are not gonna shy away from throwing his way. He is not a elite corner like a champ bailey, darrell revis, cromartie, charles woodson and so on. These corners im sure were thrown at many times and every single one of those corners are better than d-rob, so just because he was not "thrown" at alot, doesnt mean it was because he put fear in QB's hearts. No hate, just the truth.

Crank, you always let the hate flow through you when it comes to D-Rob. I don't think he is 'elite' or 'shutdown', but I do think that what he was brought in to do, he did. He shored up a Falcons secondary that used to bleed yards. Now we need a pass rush to compliment, and we'll be in much better shape. And yes, show Grimes the $$$Money$$$!!!

i dont get that whole thing about people saying dunta was not being thrown too. He was thrown too, and most of the time when he did, he didnt make any plays. While stats might not show that, all of us who actually watch the games, know that when dunta "did" get thrown at, he didnt make any plays. QB's are not gonna shy away from throwing his way. He is not a elite corner like a champ bailey, darrell revis, cromartie, charles woodson and so on. These corners im sure were thrown at many times and every single one of those corners are better than d-rob, so just because he was not "thrown" at alot, doesnt mean it was because he put fear in QB's hearts. No hate, just the truth.

I know I read somewhere that Grimes was one of the top (if not THE top) targeted corner in the league last year, that has a lot to do with D-Rob being on the other side. Yeah he got thrown at but he did make some plays. Just because he doesnt have a lot of pass defensed/ints doesnt mean he wasnt in position to make the catch harder for the WR.

And off subject a little bit but Cromartie does not belong in that group at all

Crank, you always let the hate flow through you when it comes to D-Rob. I don't think he is 'elite' or 'shutdown', but I do think that what he was brought in to do, he did. He shored up a Falcons secondary that used to bleed yards. Now we need a pass rush to compliment, and we'll be in much better shape. And yes, show Grimes the $$$Money$$$!!!

i kinda agree with crank on this, but dunta was brought in to shore up the CB position YES... i agree, but he was just a piece of many that needed/still need to be fixed.... truth be hold when QBs tried dunta they were pretty successful completing passes.... alex smith didnt hesitate to throw his way and it paid off.... i remember saying this before about playing the bucs, on one play it epitomized the year that grimes and dunta had.... on the goal line freeman threw a jump ball to grimes and he made a play on it... the VERY NEXT PLAY, freeman throws a slant on dunta side for a easy TD....that was a prime example of their seasons.... i do think some of it was to the fact that he was in a new system... if this is true, then next season he better come ready to play, cause ppl now know not to try grimes....

all in all, PAY GRIMES!!!!!

Edited by madman88

Then why wasn't he thrown at alot then? Was it because qbs didn't want the easy completion?

Huh? Dood Robinson is a better faster harder hitting corner than Grimes. He got ignored over there most of the time and was usually covering a much better receiver than Grimes. I was happy as heck to see Grimes grow into the roll of the 2nd starting cb, but dont get it twisted!

Huh? Dood Robinson is a better faster harder hitting corner than Grimes. He got ignored over there most of the time and was usually covering a much better receiver than Grimes. I was happy as heck to see Grimes grow into the roll of the 2nd starting cb, but dont get it twisted!

actually, grimes was covering the #1 most of the time, grimes was playing the left(strong) side of the field. he got most of the runs as well as played the other teams # 1 more often then dunta did....

Grimes plays the zone coverage way better than D Rob does, D Rob is a more physical bump and run corner and was never used to his strength. There is no reason why we can't let Grimes play whatever WR is off the ball in his zone and let D Rob man up on the WR that plays on the ball and molest him for the first 5 yards.

Also SHOW GRIMES THE MONEY!