Dangerous Thought

If there is any free agency, could Kevin Kolb end up in Carolina?

Kolb is pretty good at picking our D apart and i'm sure he would love to play us twice a year, I'm guessing Vick is going to be Philly's new "franchise QB" as long as he stays out of trouble.

I'm not sure if it could happen but a boring offseason and seemed like a possibility and something to talk about.

If Kolb gets traded, I think he will end up somewhere in the NFC West before he would end up in Carolina. Arizona or San Francisco most likely. I heard Adam Schefter on Sirius NFL Radio with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin say that the Cards and the Eagles have had a few "unofficial" talks since the CBA ended. I would not be surprised if he ended up there.

I could also see him in Tennessee before I could see him in Carolina.

Andy Reid has always had his way with our defenses. I think it was Reid's scheme more than anything. They just had so much speed, and knew how to attack us. You could have put any QB in that day.

I sought of agree...Andy knew how to throw us off our game by "trick" plays early in the game & had us thinking, the PACK sought of did the same thing in the playoffs...we or the "D" has to be better prepared for a team coming at us with different schemes!

Andy Reid has always had his way with our defenses. I think it was Reid's scheme more than anything. They just had so much speed, and knew how to attack us. You could have put any QB in that day.

Agreed.

Several other QB's "had their way" with our defense last season...Rodgers, Brees, and Freeman come to mind.

All NFL caliber QB's to be least effective must come in contact with the earth's surface--often!

I don't think Kolb to the Panthers fits the Eagles desire for a draft pick(s). Carolina has first overall, which is too much for Kolb, then no further draft selections until the 3rd round. Player movements are likely to be still frozen on draft day, making a prospective Kolb deal that much more difficult. The Panthers are so bad that their 2012 1st round pick is likely to be too much value to deal for Kevin Kolb

Kolb is pretty good at picking our D apart and i'm sure he would love to play us twice a year, I'm guessing Vick is going to be Philly's new "franchise QB" as long as he stays out of trouble.

I'm not sure if it could happen but a boring offseason and seemed like a possibility and something to talk about.

Honestly, don't care. I worry about the Falcons, can't be concerned with what other teams are doing. Falcons need to get better so they can compete for a championship. People wet their pants when Reggie Bush came to the NFC South, he has never really proven to be a guy that kills the Falcons. People were concerned about Gerald McCoy going to Tampa Bay, didn't set the world on fire last year either.

Just sayin', take care of your business as a Falcons organization and all will be fine.

Honestly, don't care. I worry about the Falcons, can't be concerned with what other teams are doing. Falcons need to get better so they can compete for a championship. People wet their pants when Reggie Bush came to the NFC South, he has never really proven to be a guy that kills the Falcons. People were concerned about Gerald McCoy going to Tampa Bay, didn't set the world on fire last year either.

Just sayin', take care of your business as a Falcons organization and all will be fine.

So true...and isn't it so much more gratifying to beat the best anyway?

Remember the 1999 NFC Championship game, anyone?

I've heard plenty of dillusional Carolina fans say that with the right coach and scheme, Jimmy Clausen should be a good QB. Kolb doesn't even seem to register on their radar.

My main question about Clausen is, how the **** did he make it to the pros? What kind of crack do they smoke up there in NC?

A scant 11 months ago, everyone was praising Hurney for stealing Clausen in the 2nd.

Clausen was a steal? Anybody ever watch any ND games? Dude was not that good, not even close to the QB Brady Quinn was and i never though Quinn would make it in the pros cuz of how he choked in big games.

Aside from the obstacles for Carolina getting Kolb already mentioned and Reids schemes, also already mentioned-if Kolb goes to Carolina he won't have DJax, McCoy or Macklin

the Panthers would need to make a trade out of the 1st to pick up the parts to make a trade work, as i dont see them giving up the #1 for him.

they dont have a 2nd, so they would need to work a few deals to get the right picks for him and i dont see anyone chomping at the bit to move up to #1.

so its not goign to happen, plus i dont think you can trade away future picks nor players while the lockout is happening, correct me if I am wrong.