Opening Day, Opening Series.

R.C. Collins

Derek Lowe gets the start for Opening day. Games starts @ 1:05pm Thursday afternoon.

Seems like Opning day games could be played @ night on a Thursday so I guess some of us, me included, will be DVRing the game to watch after work.

I can't seem to find a total preview of the series on the Braves website just yet. I am probably jumping the gun a bit in creating this thread, but I am antsy and wanted to feel like the season is already getting going.

If you guys have the info I don't throw it up here.

I also checked on tickets for the game on Thursday and, yes, the Nationals have already sold the game out. Should be a fun start to the season.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little upset its such an early start on opening day myself but the entire series is day games

I understand about the traditional aspect of having day games on opening day, but come on. It is Thursday for crying out loud. Now I have to make the ffort throughout the whole afternoon to not follow the game just so I can watch it after work without having it spoiled for me.

That is not a great Opening Day situation.

The Braves play a lot of day games the first week of the season. 3 in Washington, 2 in Milwaukee and then the traditional Sunday game at home against the Phillies. You guys with a DVR are going to be busy.

According to MLB.com the Nationals have yet to announce their rotation aside from Livan Hernandez. The Braves will be sending Lowe, Hanson and Hudson to the mound in Washington with Beachy now schedule to start the opener in Milwaukee (JJ's original spot).

The lineup has been set and is:

1. Prado

2. McLouth

3. Chipper

4. Uggla

5. McCann

6. Heyward

7. Gonzalez

8. Freeman

That is a very strong middle of the order. Also, Prado has proven he can get on base efficiently. McLouth I have faith in. If he can get back to his Pirate playing days we should score a lot of runs this year. Freeman I know has huge potential, so here's hoping he gets his swing going. We know he has good range and can gobble up balls in the ground at first. Considering Uggla at second (not known for fielding), that will prove important.

It kind of comes down to injuries. If the line-up can stay intact, we should have a top 5 offense in the NL again.

Losing two critical pieces for any length of time equals what we saw in September when Chipper and Prado were both out. Losing one critical piece we can probably be OK, with Hinske stepping in for more-or-less everyday work. Losing two means critical at-bats going to folks like Diory Hernandez or Jordan Schafer.

It kind of comes down to injuries. If the line-up can stay intact, we should have a top 5 offense in the NL again.

Losing two critical pieces for any length of time equals what we saw in September when Chipper and Prado were both out. Losing one critical piece we can probably be OK, with Hinske stepping in for more-or-less everyday work. Losing two means critical at-bats going to folks like Diory Hernandez or Jordan Schafer.

yep, totally forgot about that.