KEEP HOPE ALIVE

Well it's no doubt we got our assets handed to us by GB in the Divisional playoff game. On both sides of the ball. It was such a disappointment that it sent the majority of the fan base into melt down mode. Most of them are ready to gut the team and start over. And we're talking about a team that was the first in franchise history to post back to back to back winning seasons. No NFC team has won more games in the last three years and only two NFL teams have won more games during that span.

Believe it or not there were some positives in that game. We made several plays. We held the Pack scoreless until 12:04 of the second quarter. The game was tied at 14 until 00:42 of the second quarter when the disintegration started. There is no reason to panic or gut this team. We have played the Pack three times since 2008 and are 2-1 against them.

To keep the mood upbeat and try to generate something positive during this dreadful offseason I have posted up some video clips of the positive plays we made in that game. Enjoy, don't panic and KEEP HOPE ALIVE.

Thanks man...haven't posted in a while..and really, I just read and I don't post BUT, I'm posting now. This is what we need as fans. I'm over the loss. It sucked, but it is what it is.

We have something to build on.

Look at this franchise now...we are bitching about playoff losses...that's good IMHO

****, we used to ***** about not being able to get 2 winning seasons in a row. Now we're a playoff team.

Let it play out Falcons Fans. We are on our way. Our time will come...we gotta keep on truckin...

003OSC_Will_Ferrell_029.jpg

Green Bay pretty much exposed every weakness we had on this team, and promptly destroyed us. It just made winning 13 games and the Division meaningless to me. That game was sickening to watch. That halftime pick-6 INT before halftime was the end of it for me. I turned the tv off and went to bed. After that dumb play I knew then the Falcons had no hope of winning that game.

Yea, I'd like to be optimistic and hopeful, but after all these years Im beginning to wonder what the heck does it take to get over that hump? Last season was supposed to be "It". The schedule was perfect. The ball always bounced our way. We had a 1st Round Bye. The journey to the SB seemed perfectly scripted. We had already beaten GB earlier in the season, no way GB comes into Atlanta in the Playoffs and beats us.

GB not only beat us - they humiliated us. 13-3 down the drain.

This is what Atlanta sports teams do - they get your hopes up and then just rip your heart out. But I still have hope. Maybe one day before I die I can see a Falcon team hold up a SB trophy. Heck at this point Id just like to see a Falcon team just get there.

I have to admit, I'm still pretty bitter. That was as easy as it will ever get for us to get a Super Bowl win. The AFC playoff field was weak, the NFC teams were cupcakes, and Green Bay was a team we know we could have beaten, because we already had. The only 2 NFC teams to beat us were already knocked out.

The schedule was a gift from the football gods. Not only did they expose every weakness like Jedi said, they took us off our game. Forced us to make mistakes we didn't all season. Penalties, turnovers, 3 and outs. It was sickening.

Don't get me wrong, I believe with all my heart that Matt Ryan and Mike Smith will get us to the promised land, but it will never be as easy as this one could have been.

Guest Gritz

Let's speak the truth here.....

We were whistling past the graveyard for much of the season. We had several breaks go our way (see first Taint game....see 49er game).

There were very few times during the year that we looked like a legitimate 13-3 team.

When I think about a 13-3 team in the NFL I think of the dominant Patriot or Colts teams from the past. That wasn't us.

Don't get me wrong.....the arrow is definitely pointing up for this team and franchise. But there is still a considerable amount of work left to do before I consider us a team that has "arrived."

Let's speak the truth here.....We were whistling past the graveyard for much of the season. We had several breaks go our way (see first Taint game....see 49er game).

Aints got a couple breaks in that game too. The DeCoud heel tap and the Ryan overthrow in OT. They got away with eight missed sacks and two fumbles by Turner and McClure in the second game. That hardly ever happens. That was some voodoo bro. The 49er play was Roddy doin what he does to the Niners for the second time.
There were very few times during the year that we looked like a legitimate 13-3 team.
I thought we would be an 11-5 team. We went 13-3. I have watched the tapes. We coulda shoulda won @PIT and NO. We beat plenty as last year bro. PHI and GB playoff game were the only times we got stomped. We made some plays in both of those games.
When I think about a 13-3 team in the NFL I think of the dominant Patriot or Colts teams from the past. That wasn't us.Don't get me wrong.....the arrow is definitely pointing up for this team and franchise. But there is still a considerable amount of work left to do before I consider us a team that has "arrived."
We'll never get to that level until we get a defense. I have been watching NFL ball for four decades and I have never seen a defense like ours win a Super Bowl. Even the shaky IND and NO defenses were better when it counted.

Guest Gritz

Aints got a couple breaks in that game too. The DeCoud heel tap and the Ryan overthrow in OT. They got away with eight missed sacks and two fumbles by Turner and McClure in the second game. That hardly ever happens. That was some voodoo bro. The 49er play was Roddy doin what he does to the Niners for the second time.

I thought we would be an 11-5 team. We went 13-3. I have watched the tapes. We coulda shoulda won @PIT and NO. We beat plenty as last year bro. PHI and GB playoff game were the only times we got stomped. We made some plays in both of those games.

We'll never get to that level until we get a defense. I have been watching NFL ball for four decades and I have never seen a defense like ours win a Super Bowl. Even the shaky IND and NO defenses were better when it counted.

This is like one of those bad Disney "body-switch" movies now....

You are the optimistic one and I am the pessimist....... :blink: :lol:

Guest Gritz

I don't see anything that I wrote as being "non-realistic."

I didn't see anything in your posts in this thread that weren't correct either though. We definitely have to ratchet up the defense to be a perennial contender.

Ryan has to put on his Big Boy Pants when the playoffs inevitably come too. I can forgive that 1st Green Bay interception....but that second one was absolutely abysmal.......worst pass Ryan has ever thrown as a Falcon. He committed the 2 biggest cardinal sins that an NFL QB can do on that play.....He telegraphed that the ball was going there and he threw a freakin' lollipop.

I don't see anything that I wrote as being "non-realistic." I didn't see anything in your posts in this thread that weren't correct either though. We definitely have to ratchet up the defense to be a perennial contender. Ryan has to put on his Big Boy Pants when the playoffs inevitably come too. I can forgive that 1st Green Bay interception....but that second one was absolutely abysmal.......worst pass Ryan has ever thrown as a Falcon. He committed the 2 biggest cardinal sins that an NFL QB can do on that play.....He telegraphed that the ball was going there and he threw a freakin' lollipop.

I think you are closer to a realist than an optimist or pessimist. Ryan had a bad game. Looking back on it he might have blown it for us. We held GB scoreless until 12:04 of Q2. It all started with Owens getting lit up. Then Ryan took over with the under throw to Jenkins and the pick six to end the half. It was pretty much over at that point. We were in that game until 00:42 of Q2, tied at 14 when the beat down got started.

I think you are closer to a realist than an optimist or pessimist.

Ryan had a bad game. Looking back on it he might have blown it for us. We held GB scoreless until 12:04 of Q2. It all started with with the Ryan under throw to Jenkins. Owens got in on the act then Ryan sealed the deal with the pick six to end the half.

Still, we were in that game until 00:42 of Q2 tied at 14 when the melt down kicked off.

The Pick-6 play ended it for me. The GB defense knew exactly how to defend that play and they said as much. There are only 2 places you can throw the ball in that situation: 1. to the sideline, or 2. deep down the middle. This allowed GB to jump the route and make the INT. It was a stupid play call, at the worst possible time of the game. Heading into the locker room after that pretty much killed any hope we had of winning that game at that point. I blame both Mularkey for calling that play, and Ryan for trying to make that throw.

Guest Gritz

The Pick-6 play ended it for me.....

I was watching the game over at Superfan's house. When Ryan threw the Pick-6 I knew it was over and said so rather loudly. Ol' Supes momentarily jumped on me, but I feel like I have watched enough Falcon football over the years to kinda know what is going to happen in a game once it gets underway.

Of course I miss a few (predictions-wise) but that GB game had ugly written all over it at the end of the first half.

I was watching the game over at Superfan's house. When Ryan threw the Pick-6 I knew it was over and said so rather loudly. Ol' Supes momentarily jumped on me, but I feel like I have watched enough Falcon football over the years to kinda know what is going to happen in a game once it gets underway.

Of course I miss a few (predictions-wise) but that GB game had ugly written all over it at the end of the first half.

Exactly. Once we saw that Pick 6... we knew. It was over. And it was sickening, and I hated turning the tv off, but I knew how that game was going to end.

I love watching Eric Weems return the ball. This new rule pisses me off. I know Weems though, if he has a slight chance to return it he will. He's one of the most fearless returners I've ever seen. He just goes straight at you.

I forgot about that great catch by Jenks as well. I was seeing so much red I just blocked out a lot of stuff I think.

The way the first quarter went... I didn't think there was a chance we were going to lose on that night. It seemed like it was our night. Made it hurt a whole lot more. But I never turned it off. Shame on you if you did, I say.

Well it's no doubt we got our assets handed to us by GB in the Divisional playoff game. On both sides of the ball. It was such a disappointment that it sent the majority of the fan base into melt down mode. Most of them are ready to gut the team and start over. And we're talking about a team that was the first in franchise history to post back to back to back winning seasons. No NFC team has won more games in the last three years and only two NFL teams have won more games during that span.

Believe it or not there were some positives in that game. We made several plays. We held the Pack scoreless until 12:04 of the second quarter. The game was tied at 14 until 00:42 of the second quarter when the disintegration started. There is no reason to panic or gut this team. We have played the Pack three times since 2008 and are 2-1 against them.

To keep the mood upbeat and try to generate something positive during this dreadful offseason I have posted up some video clips of the positive plays we made in that game. Enjoy, don't panic and KEEP HOPE ALIVE.

I feel yeah FFS1970. But at this point I can not stomach that Greenbay game in the playoffs. But I will continue to focus on Keeping Hope Alive. Because the Falcons performance was just Dreadful and Awful. You can pull out the positive feedback from the game, it's still not changing the Greenbay Packers score going up rapid.

Thanks man...haven't posted in a while..and really, I just read and I don't post BUT, I'm posting now. This is what we need as fans. I'm over the loss. It sucked, but it is what it is.

We have something to build on.

Look at this franchise now...we are bitching about playoff losses...that's good IMHO

****, we used to ***** about not being able to get 2 winning seasons in a row. Now we're a playoff team.

Let it play out Falcons Fans. We are on our way. Our time will come...we gotta keep on truckin...

003OSC_Will_Ferrell_029.jpg

THANK YOU, COULD NOT OF SAID IT BETTER

Falcons didn't play to their strengths in the playoffs- no sustained drives, too many mistakes, no red zone stops- and couldn't hide their weaknesses- lack of explosion on O and pass rush on D.

To Heck with tied 14-14, it's 14-7, Falcons had the Pack stopped on 3rd down in the red zone, Owens commits the penalty, otherwise it's 14 -10, then on the next possession, instead of a TO, if they get a TD, it's 21-10 Falcons. Then the run game and bend- but- don't- break work and the falcons could have won the game.

Two plays would have changed that game completely- they didn't happen, but they could have. Oh Yeah, it was ugly, but there's no need to gut the team and start over.

Falcons didn't play to their strengths in the playoffs- no sustained drives, too many mistakes, no red zone stops- and couldn't hide their weaknesses- lack of explosion on O and pass rush on D.

To Heck with tied 14-14, it's 14-7, Falcons had the Pack stopped on 3rd down in the red zone, Owens commits the penalty, otherwise it's 14 -10, then on the next possession, instead of a TO, if they get a TD, it's 21-10 Falcons. Then the run game and bend- but- don't- break work and the falcons could have won the game.

Two plays would have changed that game completely- they didn't happen, but they could have. Oh Yeah, it was ugly, but there's no need to gut the team and start over.

I think we got outplayed, outcoached and outhustled by a better team ....period, end of story ......