Sheriff Joe Arpaio, more BS from the idiot in Arizona

What a clown. Apparently that guy is a real d-bag; he has arrested political opponents on trumped-up (or completely made-up) charges before.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in one of those tent jails wearing pink underwear someday...

That's something I would like to see.

What a clown. Apparently that guy is a real d-bag; he has arrested political opponents on trumped-up (or completely made-up) charges before.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in one of those tent jails wearing pink underwear someday...

And watching the Disney channel all day long. I know some people don't like his methods but hey if they make the place horrible to be in, people don't want to come back. ;)

And watching the Disney channel all day long. I know some people don't like his methods but hey if they make the place horrible to be in, people don't want to come back. ;)

There's a study cited in that wiki article I just posted that found recidivism rates for Sheriff Joe's jails are no different than anywhere else.

The pink underwear thing is just silly. Do you really think hardened criminals give a darn what color their drawers are? It's a waste of taxpayer money to dye all those briefs (lol) and blatant media-whoring on the sheriff's part.

In general I agree prisoners are given too much as far as comforts and amenities, though.

On July 23, 2004 SWAT served a search warrant looking for "a stockpile of illegal automatic weapons and armor-piercing pistol ammunition" that they believed was hidden at an upscale home. In the course of serving the warrant, multiple tear gas cartridges were launched into the home. The result of which was the home catching fire. During the fire, SWAT forced the homeowner's 10-month-old pit bull puppy back into the home with a fire extinguisher, causing the dog's death. It was reported that the officers laughed over the incident. Also, the armored personnel carrier used during the assault ran over and damaged a neighbors vehicle when its brakes failed. Police recovered two weapons; one antique shotgun; and one 9mm pistol. Both weapons are legal to own in Arizona. After failing to find illicit weapons the police served an arrest warrant for the owner who was also wanted on a misdemeanor warrant for failing to appear in Tempe Municipal Court on a couple of traffic citations.

There's a study cited in that wiki article I just posted that found recidivism rates for Sheriff Joe's jails are no different than anywhere else.

The pink underwear thing is just silly. Do you really think hardened criminals give a darn what color their drawers are? It's a waste of taxpayer money to dye all those briefs (lol) and blatant media-whoring on the sheriff's part.

In general I agree prisoners are given too much as far as comforts and amenities, though.

It doesn't cost anything to make pink underwear. You just throw in 1 red sock per load of tighty whiteys. I'm betting he saved some tax payer money by housing criminal in tents.

This guy has had a few good ideas to go with the bad.

Edited by Flip Wilson

It doesn't cost anything to make pink underwear. You just throw in 1 red sock per load of tighty whiteys. I'm betting he saved some tax payer money by housing criminal in tents.

This guy has had a few good ideas to go with the bad.

My problem with tent cities saving tax payer money is this. If you have a guy low risk enough to house like that, you have a guy who committed a crime maybe worthy of a fine and no jail time at all. That's a better savings.

My problem with tent cities saving tax payer money is this. If you have a guy low risk enough to house like that, you have a guy who committed a crime maybe worthy of a fine and no jail time at all. That's a better savings.

LOL, actually, you wouldn't even consider it savings, but profit.