do u think aj green is a sure thing?

just read an article saying that falcons should move up for aj green casue hes a sure thing

(http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2011/03/22/falcons-should-do-everything-possible-to-get-a-j-green/?cxntfid=blogs_jeff_schultz_blog)

I dont watch college ball i just saw a few highlights of the guy. he kinda reminds me of chris henry with his tall slenderish body. He doesnt look like a physical receiver, but ive only seen some highlights.

Only way I would want us to move to a top 5 pick from all the down late 20s is if this guy is almost a guarentee to be good in the nfl.

Does anyone have any doubts or have a different choice at WR in this draft?

Who does he compare to in the nfl, somewhat recently.

How does he compare to Michael Crabtree? because if hes like crabtree, i dont think its worth to move up to top 5.

Someone that doesnt think AJ Green is physical has never watched him play...they are instead focused too much on Julio Jones' bicep size.

Jones may have the edge in run blocking, but Green will go up for the ball much better than Jones.

I like Jones though, he has a little TO in him...big body, will break some arm tackles in the open field, and good down field speed.

AJ has a body like Chris Chambers, but probably has a skill set closer to Fitzgerald.

Who knows though...both could end up being busts.

I think he will definetly be a good WR, but im not sure if he will be as good as everyone seems to think. Id take Julio anyday over Green.

I go back and forth on this. My heart pulls for Green yet my brain pulls just a smidgen more for Jones. I think A.J. can make the more spectacular catch but I think Jones has the more physical NFL body type like a Roddy White or Larry Fitzgerald to handle those safeties over the middle. Plus, Greene was Georgia primary option and thus targeted more while Jones was one of several options for Alabama and their great stable of running backs.

Then Jones went out and ran faster than Green! For sure, Greens underwhelming (Not bad, OK) 40 time and his embarrassing Wonderlic score didn't move him up in everyone's evaluation.

I think he's a sure thing. He reminds me of a young Randy Moss without all of the off field stuff. He can get on top of coverage in 3 or 4 strides and his hands are unreal.

His suspension earlier this year was dee o dee o

Yep, a young Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald. Those are the 2 guys I would compare him to. Green is smooth, a great route runner, has excellent hands and great body control. That allows Green to beat defenders like both Moss & Fitz do.

I go back and forth on this. My heart pulls for Green yet my brain pulls just a smidgen more for Jones. I think A.J. can make the more spectacular catch but I think Jones has the more physical NFL body type like a Roddy White or Larry Fitzgerald to handle those safeties over the middle. Plus, Greene was Georgia primary option and thus targeted more while Jones was one of several options for Alabama and their great stable of running backs.

Then Jones went out and ran faster than Green! For sure, Greens underwhelming (Not bad, OK) 40 time and his embarrassing Wonderlic score didn't move him up in everyone's evaluation.

Got to consider also that Green was every defenses primary focus when playing Georgia. Jones was not when they played Alabama. Even though he was doubled and schemed against, Green still put up impressive numbers at Georgia.

The Green/Jones comparisons are one of the reasons I don't put a whole lot of stock into the combine & pro day workouts. Yes they are important & have their place, but really you shouldn't move guys up and down draftboards too far based solely on what happens in these workouts. Green was Georgia's offense. Teams focused to try to take him away. Jones was part of an offense that had multiple threats and teams could not focus on Jones to take him out of the game the way they did Green, and yet Green consistently put up better numbers, made more impressive catches, ran better routes than Jones did. So even though Jones has better combine and pro day numbers than Green does, he's not going to come close to being the 1st WR off the board on draft day.

For the duotrigintillionth time, we are not drafting offense in the 1st round.

What is it about 31/36 passing, 366 passing yards, 3 TD's, 48 relatively easy points, and nary a forced punt in a home playoff loss are we not grasping here?

The Falcons will look to add a complimentary, deep speed WR in a later round (maybe as high as the second) round if, and only if a WR is deemed too valuable to pass.

It is certainly a need, as is a better LT, a change of pace RB, another CB and others depending on the FA OL's we are able to retain but our highest priority it is not. More than anything we need a DE and that's what we'll select in round one if at #27 a good one is there or unless in the most unlikely event we were able to sign a FA DE.

Edited by Quarterback

Got to consider also that Green was every defenses primary focus when playing Georgia. Jones was not when they played Alabama. Even though he was doubled and schemed against, Green still put up impressive numbers at Georgia.

The Green/Jones comparisons are one of the reasons I don't put a whole lot of stock into the combine & pro day workouts. Yes they are important & have their place, but really you shouldn't move guys up and down draftboards too far based solely on what happens in these workouts. Green was Georgia's offense. Teams focused to try to take him away. Jones was part of an offense that had multiple threats and teams could not focus on Jones to take him out of the game the way they did Green, and yet Green consistently put up better numbers, made more impressive catches, ran better routes than Jones did. So even though Jones has better combine and pro day numbers than Green does, he's not going to come close to being the 1st WR off the board on draft day.

Good points!

I THINK you're right about Green being the first WR taken. But I would not at all be shocked to see Jones named called first either. Regardless, I think it's safe to say both will be among the top ten players taken and that's about as good as it gets! Everything else will be answered in NFL pads on Sundays.

What was that? Oh, that was the alarm clock! You were having a bigtime dream man. Yes, just relax and know that you are back in reality land and the falcons have absolutely Zero chance of taking AJ Green... Now go wipe that drool off ur chin... catch my drift? I know y'all are just playing too right? Unless someone actually thinks we will give up our entire draft to move 23 or 24 slots up the board?????? That would take a mike ditka, ricky williams type of reaction man...

rolleyes.gif

What was that? Oh, that was the alarm clock! You were having a bigtime dream man. Yes, just relax and know that you are back in reality land and the falcons have absolutely Zero chance of taking AJ Green... Now go wipe that drool off ur chin... catch my drift? I know y'all are just playing too right? Unless someone actually thinks we will give up our entire draft to move 23 or 24 slots up the board?????? That would take a mike ditka, ricky williams type of reaction man...

rolleyes.gif

And we still couldn't sack Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers...