A new xbox by 2015?

Just a word of mouth I heard.

I did also hear that Microsoft wants to add a better graphics card in the 360.

If they do it'll kill the portability factor in the 360, the NVidia GTX 465 I just got is acctually taller than the reg 360 much les the 360 slim and takes up about a Quarter of the space. So expect the case to be bigger and weight a lot more.

this is why i love non portable consoles. buy a device in 05-06 and still be using it a decade later. you dont get that with technology these days. phones are out of date within 6months and computers are usually old after 3ish years.

The hardware in the 360s and PS3s were outdated by 2007, why do you think so many people are going back to PC to make their new engines and develop their games.

The hardware in the 360s and PS3s were outdated by 2007, why do you think so many people are going back to PC to make their new engines and develop their games.

1st of all 2007 is untrue, but thats not the point. the point is that the devices are not out of date.

im not gonna get into a pc vs console debate with you, but imo consoles give you the best bang for your buck when compared to other technology.

my phone that i bought in decemeber for 320( no contract) is already dated with the new dualcore devices. my laptop that i bought in may of last year is no longer the newest device, but the ps3 that i bought back in sept 09 is still the most up to date ps3 available, and i can still play the newest games with no problems.

1st of all 2007 is untrue, but thats not the point. the point is that the devices are not out of date.

im not gonna get into a pc vs console debate with you, but imo consoles give you the best bang for your buck when compared to other technology.

my phone that i bought in decemeber for 320( no contract) is already dated with the new dualcore devices. my laptop that i bought in may of last year is no longer the newest device, but the ps3 that i bought back in sept 09 is still the most up to date ps3 available, and i can still play the newest games with no problems.

Ofcourse they give you the best bang for your buck they basically have a monopoly over everything.

And yet 2007 is true, the GFX cards in the PS3 is a Nvidia 7700 GTX, and the one in the Xbox is an Ati 1900 which is basically a 7700 equiv. The 8800 GTX and Gts came out in '07 I should know that's when I bought my Alienware, and the card I had in it before this one was a 8800 GT

Sony's Technology...not gonna happen.

I did not know this. So can you answer this question please so I know. How is Blu Ray Sony's technology and why XBOX can't use one?

The only thing I can find about this topic is that Sony is part of the Blu-Ray Disc association and MS is not.

Edited by Cable Guy

Ofcourse they give you the best bang for your buck they basically have a monopoly over everything.

And yet 2007 is true, the GFX cards in the PS3 is a Nvidia 7700 GTX, and the one in the Xbox is an Ati 1900 which is basically a 7700 equiv. The 8800 GTX and Gts came out in '07 I should know that's when I bought my Alienware, and the card I had in it before this one was a 8800 GT

being released in 07 does not make them outdated in 07. pretty sure you even stated in the crysis 2 thread that it still runs if it was the specs of the pc equivalent.

its really hard to keep up with technology right now, new and better stuff comes out every 6 months. gotta love and hate these days when it comes to tech.

agree.

I did not know this. So can you answer this question please so I know. How is Blu Ray Sony's technology and why XBOX can't use one?

The only thing I can find about this topic is that Sony is part of the Blu-Ray Disc association and MS is not.

xbox can use it, but they would have to pay licensing fees to sony. not something you want to do with a competitor.

Microsoft can buy Blu-ray units for their consoles, just like Dell can buy them for their laptops.

A better question is: will Blu-ray still be the standard in 4 years?

Microsoft can buy Blu-ray units for their consoles, just like Dell can buy them for their laptops.

A better question is: will Blu-ray still be the standard in 4 years?

with the way that internet providers are putting caps, i think so. streaming needs unlimited internet at very fast speeds. HD is like 4-6gb per 2hr movie. having a 250gb cap or 150gb cap is gonna be reached and surpassed very quickly if we do not have physical media. same with games. if you had to download all your games.

• 2 weeks later...

plus i dont think we are at the speeds necessary to PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL full HD, and what about when we switch to 4k tvs and movies? physical media is gonna be around for 5 years or more. imo.

There's also the issue that high speed service isn't available in all areas. If you live in the Mountains of Colorado, there aren't alot of high speed providers (some places, there are none), and I doubt any company wants to close off that line of revenue.