Former Falcon WR Catches 4 TD's in Arena League

Cowboys' receiver has big game in Arena opener

By Gerry Fraley / Reporter

11:37 AM on Mon., Mar. 21, 2011

Dallas Cowboys' wide recevier Troy Bergeron, playing in the Arena League during the lockout, put up big numbers in his first game of the season.

Bergeron had eight catches for 134 yards and four touchdowns for Cleveland in a 61-55 win against Spokane.

Bergeron has extensive AFL experience and has also spent time in the NFL with Atlanta and Buffalo. He finished last season on the Cowboys' practice squad and stayed with the organization on a future/reserve contract. He will revert to the Cowboys when a new collective-bargaining agreement is reached, but the club is not liable should he be injured while playing in the AFL.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/03/cowboys-receiver-has-big-game.html

Always liked Troy, good to hear he gad a huge game.

If he had talent worth noting, he wouldn't be "going around the league" a whole lot.

Cheers,

GO

Maybe just not well rounded. Every guy has some talented parts of their game, or else they wouldn't have ever gotten a job. Whether football IQ, quickness, speed, strength, etc.

If he had talent worth noting, he wouldn't be "going around the league" a whole lot.

Cheers,

GO

I don't think it's a lack of talent, per se. I think it's partly his lack of size, and partly his way of getting to the league. Dude didn't go to college, and he really should have. He has the speed and hands.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he established himself somewhere and was a solid contributor as a 3rd or 4th receiver/punt returner.

From what I remember, he always had huge games in Arena, just never quite cracked the lineup in the NFL.

It must be really tough being one of those guys who are continually on the bubble. He's obviously got talent, just can't seem to elevate enough above his competition.

I remember a couple of years ago he asked Blank to go ahead and release him so he could play Arena ball, cause he has family to feed. One more thing to like about the guy.

Maybe just not well rounded. Every guy has some talented parts of their game, or else they wouldn't have ever gotten a job. Whether football IQ, quickness, speed, strength, etc.

Seriously, who wants a WR whose most defining characteristics are being explosive and catching passes for touchdowns...?

[/sarcasm]