Free Barry Bonds

Pickles da Don

I understand that this witch hunt has cost the taxpayers over $9 million. Governments are cutting emergency services and school boards are cutting teachers, that is such a waste. If I were on the jury, I would not convict Barry. A drug is illegal when you take a controlled substance like Oxycontin without a Dr's prescription. Barry was given the steroids by a Dr. period. End of story. His ex-trainer is refusing to testify against him and has even spent stints in jail for it. This is a case of a DA having a personal grudge against Barry Bonds. Go after real criminals like gangs and such.

Right, because lying on the stand during a racketeering and conspiracy trial is the same as lying at a Congressional dog-and-pony show.

This

Also there is no real proof to prosecute Palmeiro with. He denied steroids usage and tested positive only after he made those statements.

Palmeiro also served a suspension given to him by the league.

Not the same thing, but nice try with the the while Bonds is innocent thing.

35 year old men in baseball suddenly put on close to 45 pounds in muscle and start putting up HR numbers eclipsing those of their entire career all the time.

Give me a ******* break.

Do I smell troll breath in this thread??

Edited by R.C. Collins

This

Also there is no real proof to prosecute Palmeiro with. He denied steroids usage and tested positive only after he made those statements.

Palmeiro also served a suspension given to him by the league.

Not the same thing, but nice try with the the while Bonds is innocent thing.

35 year old men in baseball suddenly put on close to 45 pounds in muscle and start putting up HR numbers eclipsing those of their entire career all the time.

Give me a ******* break.

Do I smell troll breath in this thread??

I could give a d@amn less whether he's guilty or innocent. Bottom line is they haven't been able to prove it in court(nine years and running)and he never tested positive while playing(say what you will about the prior drug testing practices), time to move the he11 on. So you're saying Palmeiro just started taking them after he was put under oath, knowing full well he'd be targeted upon returning to the game, makes A LOT of sense to me dukes. When in doubt though pull out that troll card, that will get them on your side ;)

A little defensive, are we? Collins is making a cogent argument here, and if you'd remove your Barry blinders for a moment you'd realize he's not implying that Palmeiro wasn't using steroids before testifying before Congress. Believe me, I'd like nothing more than to see them stick it to that smug, finger-wagging jerk. But at this point, whatever you feel about the man, there is no way to prove whether Palmeiro was truthful or not.

Bonds' and Palmeiro's are two entirely different situations.

Quite easy to be defensive when called a troll no? You like the rest are missing my point, what is "getting" Barry going to prove at this point? You spent years and tons of money unnecessarily on something meaningless. You're not going to get Anderson to testify against him and you can't convict him on the fact that he "unknowingly" used an anabolic cream, how about finding out if Casey Anthony murdered her child or cases with real substance. As far as your blinders go, miss me with that, for the comprehension impaired I am not a Bonds fan, I know he is guilty. This trial and case is pointless!

...what is "getting" Barry going to prove at this point?

I'll give it a stab. I'll go with "just because someone is rich and famous, it doesn't mean that they get to perjure themselves during a federal trial and get away with it".

...how about finding out if Casey Anthony murdered her child or cases with real substance.

Right. Because the law enforcement capabilities of the entire country can only investigate one case at a time.

E

I'll give it a stab. I'll go with "just because someone is rich and famous, it doesn't mean that they get to perjure themselves during a federal trial and get away with it".

Right. Because the law enforcement capabilities of the entire country can only investigate one case at a time.

I just found an angle.

Could have fooled me with the cases are delayed and prolonged.

Edited by iQue

Ohhhhhhh I get it now.

You are not concerned with justice being served you're just concerned with a racial aspect of something. That is why you feel a need to bring up a white girl that has no association with our discussion as a relative comparison. I called you a troll because that is how you are behaving.

Casey Anthony is going to be in court today as the lawyers debate the chloroform that they believe proves that she killed her daughter. So, I really don't get your point because they are persuing charging and putting her away, as they ******* should because she is a complete piece of ****. Still not a good comparision unless you are trying to make a racial argument out of something that is not being based on race. Also not effective because it is not like Casey Anthony is not being prosecuted, so what exactly was your point????

After all, I don't see you in here saying the Roger Clemens thing is a witch hunt and they shouldn't be wasting time on him. Why not?

Clemens and Bonds are both under investigation for perjury, both are taking a long time to prosecute because that is the nature of our system. It is called due process, same reason the Casey Anthony thing takes so long. The government must afford all people the rights they deserve and not violate those in the interest of justice. Once you violate those rights, the case can be thrown out totally and justice can not be served appropriately. Just throwing people in jail or letting them go because YOU think they are guilty, innocent or their crime is irrealevant isn't justice, it is YOUR opinion and our system doesn't operate on your point of view nor mine.

Edited by R.C. Collins

Most of you here want this thhing played out even if it takes 20 years but I and most in my demographic don't care anymore. Baseball has taken great steps in making sure the game is no longer tainted and that's all I really care about now. If/when he is convicted get back to me until then go Braves(and Rays)!

Ohhhhhhh I get it now.

You are not concerned with justice being served you're just concerned with a racial aspect of something. That is why you feel a need to bring up a white girl that has no association with our discussion as a relative comparison. I called you a troll because that is how you are behaving.

Casey Anthony is going to be in court today as the lawyers debate the chloroform that they believe proves that she killed her daughter. So, I really don't get your point because they are persuing charging and putting her away, as they ******* should because she is a complete piece of ****. Still not a good comparision unless you are trying to make a racial argument out of something that is not being based on race. Also not effective because it is not like Casey Anthony is not being prosecuted, so what exactly was your point????

After all, I don't see you in here saying the Roger Clemens thing is a witch hunt and they shouldn't be wasting time on him. Why not?

Clemens and Bonds are both under investigation for perjury, both are taking a long time to prosecute because that is the nature of our system. It is called due process, same reason the Casey Anthony thing takes so long. The government must afford all people the rights they deserve and not violate those in the interest of justice. Once you violate those rights, the case can be thrown out totally and justice can not be served appropriately. Just throwing people in jail or letting them go because YOU think they are guilty, innocent or their crime is irrealevant isn't justice, it is YOUR opinion and our system doesn't operate on your point of view nor mine.

You my friend are ridiculous, the troll card was invalid so you pull out the race one LoL. I brought up the Anthony case because I'm right here in the midst of it and the backlash it is bringing. Everyone but you obviously knows the evidence is overwhelming against Clemens so again your way off base. I listened to John Morgan(a prominent white attorney) also say this case is going nowhere and pointless. As my prior post said I'm bowing out and letting the experts have it, ok pumpkin. J/k man!

Most of you here want this thhing played out even if it takes 20 years but I and most in my demographic don't care anymore. Baseball has taken great steps in making sure the game is no longer tainted and that's all I really care about now. If/when he is convicted get back to me until then go Braves(and Rays)!

Fortunately, Bonds's trial at this point has nothing to do with baseball. I, personally, couldn't care less about it. At the same time, I'm not going to dismiss it as a "witch hunt" either. Witch hunts are prosecutions of people who didn't actually do anything wrong. I don't think Bonds qualifies.

Fortunately, Bonds's trial at this point has nothing to do with baseball. I, personally, couldn't care less about it. At the same time, I'm not going to dismiss it as a "witch hunt" either. Witch hunts are prosecutions of people who didn't actually do anything wrong. I don't think Bonds qualifies.

Point taken.

I agree Bonds should be charged with SOMETHING for lying under oath. The problem here is that Bill Clinton set a precedent by lying under oath. Nothing happened to him. It's all a sham.

Clinton set the precedent, huh? No one else lied under oath before Bill Clinton and didn't get prosecuted, did they?

And, you know... Clinton didn't actually commit perjury. The legal definition of perjury requires four things:

1. The witness on the stand knowingly lied. If a witness tells a falsehood because he was confused, mistaken, or otherwise did not intend to lie, then the lie isn't perjury.

2. Another witness or piece of evidence can be supplied to prove that the witness lied.

3. The lie must be material to the case at hand.

4. It must be an actual lie. Witnesses can be evasive, misleading, or incomplete. It's up to the prosecutor to coax testimony from the witness.

The special prosecutor could not prove that Clinton committed perjury in any of the above scenarios.

Edited by K26dp