Pearl out at Tennessee — will openings hurt Tech search?

SacFalcFan

Georgia Tech is a much more attractive job than UT right now IMO... Tennessee is a dumpster fire... Infractions impending, no recruiting class, basically starting over (see Indiana).

If I'm one of these in-demand coaches, I'm looking at Arkansas, Oklahoma, NC State, and Georgia Tech before I'm looking in Tennessee's direction...

Looks like UT's top three choices are Jay Wright, Jamie Dixon, and Anthony Grant.

:mellow:

I guess Coach K and Roy Williams pre-emptively removed their names from consideration already.

i hope that was a joke because there is no way they get any of those 3 imo. they will need to find someone willing to go there who doesn't care about their AD being fired in their 1st year and not care about future sanctions. they will need to get someone like lsu did with john brody. no one wanted that job and he wanted it sooo bad they gave it to him.

I wonder if Pearl will get slapped with a "show-cause" or not.

I can't imagine GT, NCSU, or Oklahoma are seriously worried about losing their prospective coach to Tenn. As already pointed out the program is basically a dumpster fire, and Tenn basketball isn't like an Indiana basketball program that coaches have as a dream job.

Yes, Tenn has money, facilities, and a solid arena (one that has proven to be too big if the team isn't doing well), but you're basically starting from scratch with the NCAA lurking around and following up a coach that most everyone in the area still loves.

Looks that Tennessee's actual top choices include (in no particular order), Anthony Grant, Chris Mooney, and Shaka Smart, with Gregg Marshal at the top of the tier 2 list. Would love to land any of these but really hoping they can pull Grant away from Alabama.

shaka smart isn't going to tennessee.. he doesn't have any interest. not sure on the rest, but i think you guys end up with gregg marshall.