Tennesssee basketball recruit Kevin Ware requests release, would consider UGA and Georgia Tech

SacFalcFan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivals/Scout has him listed at SG. Don't think he has the handle or Bball IQ to play PG....

he is listed as a SG, but from guys i have talked to about him they all feel he is going to move toward a PG his sophomore season. where ever he goes he is a talented guy. IMO he doesn't leave the state and until he is released we won't truly know who is most interested in him.

he is listed as a SG, but from guys i have talked to about him they all feel he is going to move toward a PG his sophomore season. where ever he goes he is a talented guy. IMO he doesn't leave the state and until he is released we won't truly know who is most interested in him.

We'll see but I think he needs a lot of work to play PG. When I saw him play PG last year he struggled handling the ball and got out of control at times. You're right though..he will be a great player wherever he ends up.

I think he'll be a great player, I just have my doubts he'll end up at UGA. Not because he wouldn't want to, but I just have a hard time seeing UT giving him a full release, so he can attend UGA. I hope he does have free choice and we have room for him, he'd be a great addition..

UGA already has 4 committments for this class.

UGA is only losing 2 seniors (Barnes and Price).

How many scholorships do they have ?

we have 11 scholarship players and can have up to 13 players on scholarship. we are losing 2 srs so that means we have 4 open scholarships. if trey or leslie leaves that is an extra 1 to 2 scholarships.

Looks like Ware is staying with UT.

ware and jones were told they would not be released until after they have a chance to meet the next head coach.. hamilton is going to strong arm them like he did the football recruits when lane left.. mike hamilton is doing what you do not do when you lose a coach.. any coach and any ad and any athletic dept would let a player out without any restrictions during a coaching change..

ware and jones were told they would not be released until after they have a chance to meet the next head coach.. hamilton is going to strong arm them like he did the football recruits when lane left.. mike hamilton is doing what you do not do when you lose a coach.. any coach and any ad and any athletic dept would let a player out without any restrictions during a coaching change..

From what I've been told that's not the case with Ware. He talked to a couple of players and they got him to change his mind and stick with his commitment. Not sure about Jones, but if he wants to be released I say let him go.

Something is fishy about the tweet to me. Sure, he could have talked things over with some players, but to go from being understandably pissed off at the AD and justifiably trashing him in the media and exploring his options to then saying "Vol for Life" in a tweet within a day or two seems a little odd. Nobody really knows what happened except those involved, but it seems odd to me.

If that's how they're doing these guys combined with the whole Bryce Brown saga, I would negatively recruit against UTk. You can be like, "Hey, kid, go ahead and sign to play football/bball with Tennessee. Just know that they'll own your a$$ once you do."

If that's how they're doing these guys combined with the whole Bryce Brown saga, I would negatively recruit against UTk. You can be like, "Hey, kid, go ahead and sign to play football/bball with Tennessee. Just know that they'll own your a$$ once you do."

This is nothing like the Brown issue. If they want to be released they will, but I do expect them to wait until Tennessee hires a coach and they get a shot to talk to them before they are released. In the end I think they both will hopefully stay, but we'll see.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

This is nothing like the Brown issue. If they want to be released they will, but I do expect them to wait until Tennessee hires a coach and they get a shot to talk to them before they are released. In the end I think they both will hopefully stay, but we'll see.

You would know better than me. By way of a blanket statement, I say let kids leave if they want to leave. Rather than worry about one kid who doesn't wanta be there, worry about all the potential recruits you might lose out on by playing hardball with some body's release.

BTW Where exactly is Bryce Brown?

You would know better than me. By way of a blanket statement, I say let kids leave if they want to leave. Rather than worry about one kid who doesn't wanta be there, worry about all the potential recruits you might lose out on by playing hardball with some body's release.

BTW Where exactly is Bryce Brown?

I agree, if a kid doesn't want to be here then let him go. But if LOIs have been signed I don't think it's to unreasonable to ask them to wait until the coaching search is done (especially if it should be relatively soon). Brown is at Kansas State and he'll be able to play this upcoming season after having to sit out a year.