1st Round Draft Success

When reading this article, I really didnt expect this...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/638761-nfl-draft-2011-power-ranking-every-nfl-teams-1st-round-draft-success#page/33

Lets hope we carry on w/ a nice tradition and stay away from a JA98 experience...

Go

First of all, FAIL for anyone who takes anything on Bleacher Report seriously.

Second, even for Bleacher Reports, this is pretty bad.

Let's start with JA98 & then raise you a TJ Duckett, Micheal Booker, Rick Bryan, Mike Pitts, Warren Bryant, Wilson Faumuina, Clarence Ellis, Joe Profit, John Small & Randy Johnson.

- or -

How about this 5 year stretch of round 1 picks:

Aundray Bruce (88)

Shawn Collins (89)

Steve Broussard (90)

Mike Prichard (91)

Bruce Pickens (91)

Tony Smith (92)

There have been at least 18 1st round pick flops for the Falcons out of 45 1st round picks. There have been several decent/solid picks, several good picks, but very few home runs by the Falcons draft team overall.

Now, if this just considered recent history, then it might be different, but it doesn't seem to since they go back to 69 when rating the Steelers & back to Tony Casillas (which I'd find very hard to say was a good pick at #2 overall) for us.

JMO

First of all, FAIL for anyone who takes anything on Bleacher Report seriously.

Second, even for Bleacher Reports, this is pretty bad.

Let's start with JA98 & then raise you a TJ Duckett, Micheal Booker, Rick Bryan, Mike Pitts, Warren Bryant, Wilson Faumuina, Clarence Ellis, Joe Profit, John Small & Randy Johnson.

- or -

How about this 5 year stretch of round 1 picks:

Aundray Bruce (88)

Shawn Collins (89)

Steve Broussard (90)

Mike Prichard (91)

Bruce Pickens (91)

Tony Smith (92)

There have been at least 18 1st round pick flops for the Falcons out of 45 1st round picks. There have been several decent/solid picks, several good picks, but very few home runs by the Falcons draft team overall.

Now, if this just considered recent history, then it might be different, but it doesn't seem to since they go back to 69 when rating the Steelers & back to Tony Casillas (which I'd find very hard to say was a good pick at #2 overall) for us.

JMO

I was hoping someone would shed some light on our draft history because frankly, I don't have the time and probably too lazy to dig it up. Since the article began with the worst team, my gut told me to expect to see us in the lower third somewhere because I remembered many of the players you just listed.

But even with your information, I would still like to see where we stack up when comparing your information to the rest of the league. Nice job on the recap btw.

Edited by HASHBROWN3

I was hoping someone would shed some light on our draft history because frankly, I don't have the time and probably too lazy to dig it up. Since the article began with the worst team, my gut told me to expect to see us in the lower third somewhere because I remembered many of the players you just listed.

But even with your information, I would still like to see where we stack up when comparing your information to the rest of the league. Nice job on the recap btw.

You can find a lot of info about draft history on this site link to 1st round picks. The link takes you to 1st round picks sorted by team, but you can also look at more info on drafts there as well.