NFL NETWORK

Just got done watching Missing Rings on NFL Network,the 98 Vikings.

Got to say,man,what great memories I had of that year.With all that's going on right now in the NFL,it was good to re live what was this franchises' greatest moment,winning the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP and breaking the hearts of Vikings fans everywhere back in 98!!

Hope to see this scenario again,real soon,cause darn it,that was the greatest feeling!!

I never understood why they treat the Falcons as such a inferrior team. I think we were 14-2 that season if anything that show should be about Atlanta we went to Minn. and won the game (as always no RESPECT)

It's because America wanted to see Elway versus arguably the best offense ever at that point in time with a young Randy Moss and Cris Carter. Just as it was then as it is now nobody really gives a **** about the falcons that's just the way it is.

We had our time in the spotlight those few years between 2002-2006 but it was more due to the nation being intrigued by one player than the actual team itself. As you seen what happened in the media the past season we are back to being side notes when it comes to exposure and getting any credit for our wins.

I live by Denver. We were driving to another friend's house to watch the Bronco game. We were listening to the ATL game on the radio. We literally almost drove off the road when Minnesota missed the FG. I will remember that forever.

I remember one of the press releases already having the Vikings printed as the winners. I don't know what the odds were, but the way the nation treated that game, it might have been a good one to put your money on the Falcons.

Good times. We'll see them again.

Still the greatest football game I've ever watched (yes, i might be a little biased). but how we won that game - coming back from being down as we did, and winning in OT - was just classic.

I agree. I'll never forget that game. This just goes to show, you never give up until it's over with because anything can happen.

I never understood why they treat the Falcons as such a inferrior team. I think we were 14-2 that season if anything that show should be about Atlanta we went to Minn. and won the game (as always no RESPECT)

Agreed.

It still irks me that the 98 Falcons get little or no respect. 9 times out of 10a 14-2 record would have given us the #1 seed and made us red hot favourites for the super bowl - yet people still talk abouit us like we didnlt rally deserve to win the NFC.

IIRC no NFC tem since has won more games than the 98 Falcons did.