Ryan Williams Virginia Tech RB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3zP4ER5B9c&feature=fvsr

The more I think about it I wouldn't be at all surprised if we take Ryan Williams in the 1st Round. We talked to him at the combine. We had our RB coach at VT's proday and in the top video he mention the Falcons as one of the teams that are the most interested in him.

He would give us a great one two punch with Michael Turner. Williams can also carry the load too. To me he is the BEST all round RB in the draft.

Edited by FalconFanatic304

I can see us trading our 1st round pick to a team trying to trade back into the 1st round to get a QB..... Then us using that high 2nd round pick on Ryan Williams (thats what i have in my latest mock draft) ....

Ryan Williams have starting RB potential.... He is a RB that can be a 3rd down back and legitimately share the load with Turner and eventually take over ..

He remind me of DeAngelo Williams... Gil Brandt compared Ryan Williams to LeSean McCoy tho

I can see us trading our 1st round pick to a team trying to trade back into the 1st round to get a QB..... Then us using that high 2nd round pick on Ryan Williams (thats what i have in my latest mock draft) ....

Ryan Williams have starting RB potential.... He is a RB that can be a 3rd down back and legitimately share the load with Turner and eventually take over ..

He remind me of DeAngelo Williams... Gil Brandt compared Ryan Williams to LeSean McCoy tho

Well we know we are taking a RB this year, unless we cant find a trading partner i'm starting to believe we will trade down and get another 3rd, especially if a team calls us. I believe we will trade down and we could go either Williams or Hank, if Hank is gone JJ might be there late rd 2 or if Williams is gone Hunter might be there late rd 2. I believe we will always be a power run team but I think we will see a lot more singleback and rely on our weapons to space the D out so we can run. Ofcourse short yardage is Turner and Ovie time but I feel thats what we will evolve into.

But imo if we get a RB like Williams or Hunter, Snelling will be traded or if a CBA is done we may not resign him.

I used to think Williams would be a early 2nd round pick but I seeing him getting into the first round. I could see either us, Green Bay or the Patriots getting him. I feel like if our coaches think he can be a legitamte starting RB and make plays for us there is no reason we would take the risk of trading down and "hoping" he is there in the early 2nd. IMO we would pull the trigger.

The reason I think we could take him is also that maybe a DE won't be avaible.

I could also see that happening but maybe with a team like Arizona who takes a QB in the first round like Newton, Gabbert and then trades up to get a Tackle like Castonzo, Solder, Smith, Carimi.

Like I said in my post above. The only thing about trading back is hoping he gets past the Patriots or Green Bay.

i mean we do like to throw 1st round money at players with injury histories, so why not.

It's not like he tore ligaments or had surgery. He had a pulled hamstring. Get off him.

You realize in football you do get hit and your body is put into weird positions right. Every player is at sometime going to get injured. $hit happens.

I would be all for him in round 1.

Yea for sure. Call me crazy but I like him over Ingram.

You're not crazy. Plenty of analysts have said that he could be the best rb in this draft over time. You just can't deny Ingrams production in the sec. That's why he is the consensus number 1 back. I'd love Williams if TD thinks he's a good fit. I'm just glad we have a GM that I can trust to make picks. He's proven me wrong numerous times so I'm gonna let him do his thing.

In regards to Williams being injury prone - get out of here and do some research before you post. It was a hammy, not a knee or anything serious. You'd be hard pressed finding a rb, wr, cb that hasn't aggravated a hammy.

Edited by mstone897

You're not crazy. Plenty of analysts have said that he could be the best rb in this draft over time. You just can't deny Ingrams production in the sec. That's why he is the consensus number 1 back. I'd love Williams if TD thinks he's a good fit. I'm just glad we have a GM that I can trust to make picks. He's proven me wrong numerous times so I'm gonna let him do his thing.

In regards to Williams being injury prone - get out of here and do some research before you post. It was a hammy, not a knee or anything serious. You'd be hard pressed finding a rb, wr, cb that hasn't aggravated a hammy.

Well said sir

Got a good reason?

Why would you draft a guy in the first round who is not going to be a starter? We need a 3rd down back, we are paying turner good money, we need to resign snelling, you can find backs all thru out the draft. I mean how many do you want. VT rbs dont really translate to the nfl very well for whatever reason. And i would never draft a rb inn the first round unless he was on the level of talent like a AP or mcfadden. I wouldnt even draft ingram in the first round. Its pointless at this point with 2 and 3 back rotations to draft a guy who plays maybe 10-12 snaps in the first round. Its bad drafting like that, that gets teams into trouble. RBS should not be drafted in the 1st, period!

Why would you draft a guy in the first round who is not going to be a starter? We need a 3rd down back, we are paying turner good money, we need to resign snelling, you can find backs all thru out the draft. I mean how many do you want. VT rbs dont really translate to the nfl very well for whatever reason. And i would never draft a rb inn the first round unless he was on the level of talent like a AP or mcfadden. I wouldnt even draft ingram in the first round. Its pointless at this point with 2 and 3 back rotations to draft a guy who plays maybe 10-12 snaps in the first round. Its bad drafting like that, that gets teams into trouble. RBS should not be drafted in the 1st, period!

You do realize you contradict yourself right? Saying you would draft AP or Mcfadden in the first then saying they shouldnt be drafted in the first at all. Also, I think you are wrong. I think being able to draft a player who compliments your team now AND can take over as a starter in the future is a luxury successful teams have. How many players at the 27th pick are actually going to come in and start? Maybe an offensive lineman depending how the CBA works out. No DE there will be able to contribute right away unless a couple dramatically slip. Who would you suggest we take and immediately just hand snaps over to?

Edited by mstone897

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3zP4ER5B9c&feature=fvsr

The more I think about it I wouldn't be at all surprised if we take Ryan Williams in the 1st Round. We talked to him at the combine. We had our RB coach at VT's proday and in the top video he mention the Falcons as one of the teams that are the most interested in him.

He would give us a great one two punch with Michael Turner. Williams can also carry the load too. To me he is the BEST all round RB in the draft.

Love this kid. I haven't been pushing for us to draft him cause I'm bias (Tech fan) and I'd be happy with a few of the other options out there. But looking at all the backs we've shown interest in he's one of two that I believe can come in and run between the tackles without being crushed. I like Devine and the other speedy guys, but they're so little. Ryans not huge, but he's got a better game inside IMHO.

Ditto.

You do realize you contradict yourself right? Saying you would draft AP or Mcfadden in the first then saying they shouldnt be drafted in the first at all. Also, I think you are wrong. I think being able to draft a player who compliments your team now AND can take over as a starter in the future is a luxury successful teams have. How many players at the 27th pick are actually going to come in and start? Maybe an offensive lineman depending how the CBA works out. No DE there will be able to contribute right away unless a couple dramatically slip. Who would you suggest we take and immediately just hand snaps over to?

You do realize you dont know how to read or you just fake it? I said UNLESS THEY WERE ON THE TALENT LEVEL OF AP OR MCFADDEN! And this kid is not on that level! other than i wouldnt draft a rb in the first. Did we just win the super bowl or something? I could have swore the packers did. We dont have that luxury yet to be drafting 3rd down backs in the first. Sorry to tell you that. When you need a starting DE and starting WR, you dont draft a 3rd down back that high. Its just stupid. There are alot fo guy i love in this draft doesnt mean im drafting them in the 1st. I have said many times. If this is my draft im drafting hankerson. Hes older, hes proven, work ethic, the drive to be great, and is a senior, and was a captin.

You do realize you dont know how to read or you just fake it? I said UNLESS THEY WERE ON THE TALENT LEVEL OF AP OR MCFADDEN! And this kid is not on that level! other than i wouldnt draft a rb in the first. Did we just win the super bowl or something? I could have swore the packers did. We dont have that luxury yet to be drafting 3rd down backs in the first. Sorry to tell you that. When you need a starting DE and starting WR, you dont draft a 3rd down back that high. Its just stupid. There are alot fo guy i love in this draft doesnt mean im drafting them in the 1st. I have said many times. If this is my draft im drafting hankerson. Hes older, hes proven, work ethic, the drive to be great, and is a senior, and was a captin.

Your last line actually read "RBS should not be drafted in the 1st, period! "

Yes, Hankerson is older and was a senior and a captain but that doesnt mean anything in the NFL. So was Spoon. Outside of seniority Ryan Williams has just as good of a work ethic and drive to be great. None of that earns him playing time in the NFL. You also say you want someone to contribute more than 10-12 snaps a game. While a WR would get more snaps, would he get 10-12 touches? NO! Hank is just as much as a reach at 27 as Williams is. I like Hank a lot, I just think your argument sucks.

Your last line actually read "RBS should not be drafted in the 1st, period! "

Yes, Hankerson is older and was a senior and a captain but that doesnt mean anything in the NFL. So was Spoon. Outside of seniority Ryan Williams has just as good of a work ethic and drive to be great. None of that earns him playing time in the NFL. You also say you want someone to contribute more than 10-12 snaps a game. While a WR would get more snaps, would he get 10-12 touches? NO! Hank is just as much as a reach at 27 as Williams is. I like Hank a lot, I just think your argument sucks.

OMG you guys are so freaking hilarious, that you have to try and grasp every single little thing you can try and disprove something. Do you understand the meaning the exception to the rule? Probably not. let me be very clear for you. You have to be an exceptional talent, to good to pass up, borderline HOF talent to select a rb in the first unless you have absolutely everything you need. AP is going to be HOF. Mcfadden has the talent to be a HOF. You think ryan williams is on that level. Dude hes not even top rated back nor the 2nd rated back in this class and you want him in the first? What crack are you smoking. I can understand some of you guys loving your guy from the school you love, i can understand you wanting them to play on this team. But some of you just really have no idea about the draft. Even suggesting a thing like this is dumb, making a case for it is just dumb. Dude the suber bowl champs had 3-4 rbs on thier team this year that were not even drafted, and you talking about taking the 3rd rated rb in the first.

And you hank comment. Dude im talking about starters. Im not talking about back up situation players. If you try telling me that the 3rd down back is more important the the starting wr, then im sorry i just cant continue this. I feel dumber for actually having to defend this. Mstone i know you like the guy but he is not first round material.