Josh freeman is so much better then matt ryan

I will admit those are three very big reasons to give you all hope but it says nothing about his ability to get the ball down the field and a good portion of that 3rd down conversion rate is White & Gonzalez. Not to mention it sure as heII hasn't helped him when it really counts (in the playoffs) has it? You all may think him a leader and that's understandable seeing as he's ALL you've got to hang your hopes on. But I along with more than a few others here would take Freeman over him EVERY time!

Quite certainly I hope you and more than a few others keep Joshie Pooh indefinitely. You give me: "UNTIL Ryan wins a playoff game..."

I give you:

"UNTIL Free MAKES the playoffs...

UNTIL Free wins against winning teams...

UNTIL Free finishes better than third in his division...

He will be all "promise" and no "keep" for me. He will be just another in a LOOOOOOONG line of big, strong, mobile qb's who demonstrate all the promise in the world only to have "SOMETHING" missing. UNTIL Free shows something different (wait for it)... FREEMAN= TARVARIS JACKSON

Wait, no I'm sorry, Tarvaris has finished better than third in his division

FREEMAN=VINCE YOUNG

Ooops, no sorry again; Young has been to the playoffs...let's see

FREEMAN= ALEX SMITH

Yep. That's it.

Now don't just tell me I'm wrong or whatever. PROVE IT. I mean, I know a lot of you THINK he's a leader, and that's understandable, seeing as how he's all you've got to hang your hopes on. But I and every other knowledgeable football entity would surely take Ryan over Third Place.

Edited by Falconcheff
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another quickie.

Ryan can get the ball down the field; he has done it on several occasions and there's plenty of video that I don't know how (nor do I care to know) to post.

The fact that he doesn't do it often does not mean he can't. It means:

1) That he'd rather take a higher percentage pass, which is SMART because they don't get intercepted as often as deep passes.

2) We run a ball control offense that doesn't ask for the big hit very often.

3)We are usually in the lead; no time to take big risks.

4)An average of 11 wins per season speaks for itself

And I think you'd find (if you bothrered to look up something instead of talking out yer arse :) ) that Jenkins receives as much third down play as Roddy.

Edited by Falconcheff

1) LEAD HIS TEAM TO REGULAR SEASON WINS.

2)Read and react to a blitz...

from an earlier post...

"only Aaron Rodgers finished with a higher grade than Ryan when teams blitzed him."

3) Make a positive play on third down...

Quarterbacks, Positive Plays on 3rd Downs

Rank Player Team Positive Plays 3rd Down Positive Plays % of Positive Plays on 3rd Down

1 Matt Ryan ATL 200 88 44.00%

There's three things for you. Three very key aspects of being a professional qb: WINS, beating blitzes, and managing the most crucial down in football.

Now can we end this charade of a thread!!??

good stuff

Quite certainly I hope you and more than a few others keep Joshie Pooh indefinitely. You give me: "UNTIL Ryan wins a playoff game..."

I give you:

"UNTIL Free MAKES the playoffs...

UNTIL Free wins against winning teams...

UNTIL Free finishes better than third in his division...

He will be all "promise" and no "keep" for me. He will be just another in a LOOOOOOONG line of big, strong, mobile qb's who demonstrate all the promise in the world only to have "SOMETHING" missing. UNTIL Free shows something different (wait for it)... FREEMAN= TARVARIS JACKSON

Wait, no I'm sorry, Tarvaris has finished better than third in his division

FREEMAN=VINCE YOUNG

Ooops, no sorry again; Young has been to the playoffs...let's see

FREEMAN= ALEX SMITH

Yep. That's it.

Now don't just tell me I'm wrong or whatever. PROVE IT. I mean, I know a lot of you THINK he's a leader, and that's understandable, seeing as how he's all you've got to hang your hopes on. But I and every other knowledgeable football entity would surely take Ryan over Third Place.

interesting point on the wins against teams with winning records.... has freeman won yet against a team with a winning record?

has freeman won yet against a team with a winning record?

he had 1 for sure last yr vs Saints

1 win vs a winning Team

vs 13 Comebacks in Dramatic Form

do the math

even take out the Factor M Ryan is 5-1 vs Bucs

and is 4-0 vs Freeman

its still not even close IMO

in the last 3 yrs

The Falcons Have trailed 13 times with 2 min or less left in the Game

13 Times

and 13 Times M Ryan has Marched down the Field and won the Game

Game Manager ?????

yea Right

Keep telling yourself that

Those game winning drives were a product of our skill position players, nothing more.

It's also the only reason we beat the Bucs the last 5 games

It has nothing to do with Ryan, the Falcons win in spite of him, right RCers?!?:mellow:

When do we begin the conversation of LEADERSHIP skills?

Why, with an exerpt FROM YOUR OWN THREAD, my friend...

"For starters, and as we pointed out not long after the comments were made, Faine expressed pessimism regarding the ability of the team’s quarterback to marshal the troops.

“You’re not going to see Josh Freeman and our receiving corps down at the University of Tampa soccer field,” Faine told Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times. “They might go out there and run some routes and throw. But you’re talking about getting an entire receiving corps together being able to work against an entire defensive backs corps. It’s just not going to happen.”

And, of course, it’s now happening. Even though Faine has passed on the opportunity to participate."

I intentionally left in the part about it actually happening to be fair and balanced to Joshie Pooh. But the MAIN FACT is that his starting center BELIEVED he was not going to be able to rally his troops.

That is NOT leadership if your teammates do not believe in you or your sincerity.

Any more questions?

Edited by Falconcheff

Those game winning drives were a product of our skill position players, nothing more.

It's also the only reason we beat the Bucs the last 5 games

It has nothing to do with Ryan, the Falcons win in spite of him, right RCers?!?:mellow:

but at the same time the falcons suck at every position and coach smith doesn't have a clue

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Why, with an exerpt FROM YOUR OWN THREAD, my friend...

"For starters, and as we pointed out not long after the comments were made, Faine expressed pessimism regarding the ability of the team's quarterback to marshal the troops.

"You're not going to see Josh Freeman and our receiving corps down at the University of Tampa soccer field," Faine told Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times. "They might go out there and run some routes and throw. But you're talking about getting an entire receiving corps together being able to work against an entire defensive backs corps. It's just not going to happen."

And, of course, it's now happening. Even though Faine has passed on the opportunity to participate."

I intentionally left in the part about it actually happening to be fair and balanced to Joshie Pooh. But the MAIN FACT is that his starting center BELIEVED he was not going to be able to rally his troops.

That is NOT leadership if your teammates do not believe in you or your sincerity.

Any more questions?

Believe me, Faine is sorry as heII he made such moronic statements.

Truth is....Faine is now actually participating in Freeman's practices and even went as far as to write a letter of apology about making such idiotic statements re: his own quarterback and teammates. As far as Freeman being the leader on this team you ask anyone associated with the Buccaneers and they'll tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is Josh Freeman's team!

I totally understand the doubt of the homer Falcon fans seeing as Freeman hasn't been to the playoffs yet. But don't you worry your pointed little heads about it because you will see him there soon enough.wink.gif

Believe me, Faine is sorry as heII he made such moronic statements.

Truth is....Faine is now actually participating in Freeman's practices and even went as far as to write a letter of apology about making such idiotic statements re: his own quarterback and teammates. As far as Freeman being the leader on this team you ask anyone associated with the Buccaneers and they'll tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is Josh Freeman's team!

I totally understand the doubt of the homer Falcon fans seeing as Freeman hasn't been to the playoffs yet. But don't you worry your pointed little heads about it because you will see him there soon enough.wink.gif

Sorry or not, he said it. To the national media.

If he's backtracking and making amends that just means that he's trying to diminish the damage, but the fact still remains that he doesn't believe in Freeman.

I'll take the opinion of a guy's starting center over the delusions of a Buccs fan.

Joshex Freesmith won't even make the playoffs in an eight-game season.

Edited by Falconcheff

If he's backtracking and making amends that just means that he's trying to diminish the damage, but the fact still remains that he doesn't believe in Freeman.

I'll take the opinion of a guy's starting center over the delusions of a Buccs fan.

At best it seems like damage control no way around it!

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I know one thing, freeman is a better post season qb. He cant possibly do worse than ryan

Don't tell that to the HOMER Falcon fans here. You have a second year quarterback that hasn't even played a full 2 seasons and in his first full season played with 12 FIRST YEAR STARTERS around him and still helped them to finish with a 10-6 record plus having a qb rating of 95.9 with only 6 interceptions, yet he'll NEVER make it as a starting NFL quarterback according to many of them. Then they wonder why we suggest they keep their nonsense over on TATF better known as Falcon HOMERVILLE.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

"I've seen every one of our plays a dozen times and what jumps out the most for me is Josh Freeman and what kind of year he put together in just his second season,'' Dominik said of Tampa Bay's 23-year-old quarterback. "When you talk about someone throwing 25 touchdowns and just six interceptions, that's a remarkable season, not just a good season".

And I'll take the opinion of one of the better General Managers in the NFL over some delusional Metal Head!wink.gif

Don't tell that to the HOMER Falcon fans here. You have a second year quarterback that hasn't even played a full 2 seasons and in his first full season played with 12 FIRST YEAR STARTERS around him and still helped them to finish with a 10-6 record plus having a qb rating of 95.9 with only 6 interceptions, yet he'll NEVER make it as a starting NFL quarterback according to many of them. Then they wonder why we suggest they keep their nonsense over on TATF better known as Falcon HOMERVILLE.

He is a starting NFL QB no doubt, but remains to be seen is how good he can be and will he rise to the level of competition. He proved that with a last place schedule he can beat the downtrodden in the NFL. He did not beat one winning team with the exception of the saints who rested players after halftime. Those are the facts no disputing that. Now with a third place schedule we will see if Joshie Pooh can rise to the occasion.

I've never seen anyone trash freeman, or say he's not making it? The only thing I'm seeing is you pitch a ***** everytime some one says Ryan is the better QB..which he is. I think you've gotten so miserable watching the bucs swirl around the toilet, the only enjoyment you get out of life is dogging the falcons, and their fans.

I've never seen anyone trash freeman, or say he's not making it? The only thing I'm seeing is you pitch a ***** everytime some one says Ryan is the better QB..which he is. I think you've gotten so miserable watching the bucs swirl around the toilet, the only enjoyment you get out of life is dogging the falcons, and their fans.

WOW!

jb hasn't accepted this fact yet but he'll come around eventually. I'm not looking forward to the day when Joshie Pooh finally beats the Falcons because the wrath of jb will come upon us. Of course by that time Joshie Pooh could be 0-10 verses the Falcons! ;) ;)