Josh freeman is so much better then matt ryan

I don't know that Payton could overcome Brees going down. This offense is molded and designed around him.

They may not be SB contenders in that situation, true, but still, I believe Payton would have done a much better job than a lame duck coach that didn't care. The guy knows offense and how to make a successful offense better than most coaches across the league.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I don't know that Payton could overcome Brees going down. This offense is molded and designed around him.

I'd say more so than any other quarterback in the league. That's not a bad thing though considering the success their partnership has reaped over the past 5 years or so. If they'd of had a defense when Payton showed up it would've been ugly for the rest of the division just like if Dungy would've had an offense when he was here.

I agree with this statement. The saints are Breesus oriented and therefore have always been a bit unbalanced in the offensive attack. When you QB has averaged 40 throws per game over a 5 year span the team forgets all phases of the running game.

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

JB is slacking...

No $hit! Sorry, been working and having to cart my 91 year old mother around. She moves kind of like Matt Ryan so it takes us awhile to get things done.wink.gif

Guest Spot On Dtan

Freeman>Ryan

This coming from falcons fan. We aren't getting anywhere with captain checkdown, and the sooner we admit it, the better

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Freeman>Ryan

This coming from falcons fan. We aren't getting anywhere with captain checkdown, and the sooner we admit it, the better

I'm surprised you're not receiving death threats over on TATF with a statement like that. Just wait a bit they'll be over here later calling you a "HOM...........wait a minute, he likes the Falcons?"laugh.gif

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I KNOW, ANYTHING YOU SAY BUCMAN.

AND IF Jb SAYS IT .. IT GOT TO BE

TRUE, AND IT IS A FACT! :D

Oh, HEII YEAH!!

I'm surprised you're not receiving death threats over on TATF with a statement like that. Just wait a bit they'll be over here later calling you a "HOM...........wait a minute, he likes the Falcons?"laugh.gif

The guy's got THREE hate threads in TATF. He's a Vick fan, not a Falcon fan. Just so's it's all straight here.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

The guy's got THREE hate threads in TATF. He's a Vick fan, not a Falcon fan. Just so's it's all straight here.

Links?

Links?

Well, I'm not a "links" kind of guy; I'm more of a "cut and paste" man myself. So here's a little topic SOD, aka GuerillaOntology, gemmed out in TATF (complete with post rating)...

"We all know that MV7 is a superior QB to captain checkdown, and we all would love to have him back. But my question is this: what would it take to get him back? Ryan and White? I really just don't think we have the talent on our roster to make this dream deal possible. If you have any possible ideas please post.

Cheers,

SOD

So naturally, after this post in TATF, Spot On Dork has about three or four hate threads dedicated to him (not to mention this very conversation). His Troll-O-Meter must be pegged at 11 with all the attention he's received! :lol::lol:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

"Freeman better than Ryan"...

The thread that will not f'n DIE!! :lol: :blink:

You KNOW it!

If Ryan steps up and shows what you all keep insisting is true I'll even do my part to let this thread find it's way to message board heaven. But NOT until he SHOWS US!wink.gif

You KNOW it!

If Ryan steps up and shows what you all keep insisting is true I'll even do my part to let this thread find it's way to message board heaven. But NOT until he SHOWS US!wink.gif

JB, you are the definitive Sophist. Reality only exists in your own mind.

What exactly is it that we keep "insisting" on that isn't true?

NOBODY has denied that Ryan has not played up to expectations in the playoffs. NOBODY denies that he needs to work on his deep throws.

It's a fact that Freeman has yet to beat Ryan or make it to the playoffs.

My challenge to you is to apply the same credentials you use to bash Ryan to your own boy. Free is subpar against teams with winning records, hasn't made the playoffs; in fact he has yet to finish better than third in the South Division EVER!!

The only thing Freeman has done better than Ryan that I can see is keep his bowels closed, although I can assure you he's probably p!ssed himself more than once when he sees Grimes take the field! :lol:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

JB, you are the definitive Sophist. Reality only exists in your own mind.

What exactly is it that we keep "insisting" on that isn't true?

NOBODY has denied that Ryan has not played up to expectations in the playoffs. NOBODY denies that he needs to work on his deep throws.

It's a fact that Freeman has yet to beat Ryan or make it to the playoffs.

My challenge to you is to apply the same credentials you use to bash Ryan to your own boy. Free is subpar against teams with winning records, hasn't made the playoffs; in fact he has yet to finish better than third in the South Division EVER!!

The only thing Freeman has done better than Ryan that I can see is keep his bowels closed, although I can assure you he's probably p!ssed himself more than once when he sees Grimes take the field! :lol:

I'll not disagree at all that Freeman has a lot more to show us. But Ryan's good play during the regular season doesn't amount to much if he's gonna take a dump every time he gets in the playoffs. To be honest, if you all have a regular season anywhere close to resembling last season I believe you'll go much further because while I feel Ryan is not nearly as good overall quarterback as Freeman the Falcons have the necessary pieces around him to win a championship and until Ryan is not one of the main reasons you don't he'll not be receiving any kudos from me.

If I look at the play of both quarterbacks........I'll take Free every time to build my young team around. That's it.

You don't agree? Isn't that why we're here?wink.gif