Josh freeman is so much better then matt ryan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wrote that in '11 jackass. Ryans '12 performance was his best by a mile.

Strike two!!

Matthew is the same Qb today as he was in 2011. In 2011 he was somewhere between #5 and #10....still there today....barely. Thus, the reached his peak comment made in 2011 has merit.

I think Ryan has peaked. He played the last few years with pro bowlers at the skill positions. I know last year injuries happened Roddy is old now and TG is retired. It won't get any easier than that. Given a solid team, he could take them deep. But he's also shown the ability to fold in the post season. At this point he's still who he was before, a Top 8-10 QB. I used to place him slightly higher, but that was in 2012.

Are we talking about Rob Ryan here?

I mean, he is made of dough... right?

Nope, talking about your Mattie Melt. Soft melted cheeeeese.....

THAT is your quarterback, no matter how thick...or thin you slice it. Then again, you always have CHEESE WHIZ to compare him to. That actually may be better.wink.png

Nope, his play improved from '11 The deep pass and comp % in particular.

Strike three...You're out!!

His deep pass still resembled a pretty punt but something else happened between the 2011 and 2012 seasons that played a part in this facade of improved deep passing ability.....what was it?

I'm still swinging.

I think Ryan has peaked. He played the last few years with pro bowlers at the skill positions. I know last year injuries happened Roddy is old now and TG is retired. It won't get any easier than that. At this point he's still a Top 8-9 QB IMO. Given a solid team, he could take them deep. But he's also shown the ability to fold in the post season. At this point he's still who he was before, a Top 8-10 QB. I used to place him slightly higher, but that was in 2012.

It's a fair assessment.

However, to say he's peaked after the season he just had 44 sacks, 203 pressures, 101 hits and still put up the second best numbers of his career without his 2 best receivers (1 was not 100% until game 12 or so)

I just don't see it.

Nope, talking about your Mattie Melt. Soft melted cheeeeese.....

THAT is your quarterback, no matter how thick...or thin you slice it. Then again, you always have CHEESE WHIZ to compare him to. That actually may be better.wink.png

Hey! Remember the last time the Bucs had an actual QB?

Me either...

Compare that to whatever cheese you'd like.

I think Ryan has peaked. He played the last few years with pro bowlers at the skill positions. I know last year injuries happened Roddy is old now and TG is retired. It won't get any easier than that. At this point he's still a Top 8-9 QB IMO. Given a solid team, he could take them deep. But he's also shown the ability to fold in the post season. At this point he's still who he was before, a Top 8-10 QB. I used to place him slightly higher, but that was in 2012.

I'd rank him around 7 or 8. I tell the Homers 15, just to see 'em whine about it. He's had far too many weapons around him the last 6 years to come out of it with a single playoff victory and a 4-12 season. Not Top 5 in anyones book outside ATL.