Josh freeman is so much better then matt ryan

Don't ever use logic in RC ever again biggrin.png

No matter what I tell them, it isn't good enough. I tell them I was wrong about Freeman, and that isn't good enough.

I tell them Ryan has been consistent, that isn't good enough. If you look at Ryan's career stats (keep in mind we weren't at the time this thread began, we were looking only at stats thru 2010 season), he's been fairly consistent, illustrated by his passer rating going up 4 times and down twice during his career, including this past season. Ryans interception rate has increased the last 4 years in a row, but in fairness, his TD rate was increasing 3 of the last 4 years before dropping significantly this year. The same holds true with nearly every other category, up and down depending on year. So I'd say he's been consistent at QB. I've never said he's a bad QB, stating he's a Top 7 QB in my opinion.

Que up the yeah, but, we had injuries discussion next to take the sting away.

And no matter what I posted here in "this wall of words" I'm sure a certain poster will come back with something witty, but I'll know he fails to read posts over 10 words long. So I'll disregard his input.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what I tell them, it isn't good enough. I tell them I was wrong about Freeman, and that isn't good enough.

I tell them Ryan has been consistent, that isn't good enough. If you look at Ryan's career stats (keep in mind we weren't at the time this thread began, we were looking only at stats thru 2010 season), he's been fairly consistent, illustrated by his passer rating going up 4 times and down twice during his career, including this past season. Ryans interception rate has increased the last 4 years in a row, but in fairness, his TD rate was increasing 3 of the last 4 years before dropping significantly this year. The same holds true with nearly every other category, up and down depending on year. So I'd say he's been consistent at QB. I've never said he's a bad QB, stating he's a Top 7 QB in my opinion.

Que up the yeah, but, we had injuries discussion next to take the sting away.

And no matter what I posted here in "this wall of words" I'm sure a certain poster will come back with something witty, but I'll know he fails to read posts over 10 words long. So I'll disregard his input.

Gee Ray, think it might have to do with the content of this thread? I mean it's not like the thread was started to bash Ryan and Falcons fans or anything.

Oh and Ryan >>>>>>>>Freeman

Gee Ray, think it might have to do with the content of this thread? I mean it's not like the thread was started to bash Ryan and Falcons fans or anything.

Oh and Ryan >>>>>>>>Freeman

DD, I didn't start the thread. I replied in it back following the 2010 season and stated what I believed at that time. Father time proved me wrong. I stated so much. Why all the hostility? Most others who said the same thing have been absent from the thread lately, know what I mean? I stepped forward.

DD, I didn't start the thread. I replied in it back following the 2010 season and stated what I believed at that time. Father time proved me wrong. I stated so much. Why all the hostility? Most others who said the same thing have been absent from the thread lately, know what I mean? I stepped forward.

Not trying to be an *** about it, really I'm not. It's just you contributed to a troll thread and then when it backfires, you quickly blame it on Freeman getting a raw deal and basically say Ryan hasn't improved since '10, which I disagree with. Matter of fact with what he did this year behind an offensive line that rated #31 and losing most of his weapons, I thought this was one of his finer years.

Look, I realize you're not in the 'Ryan sucks' camp and I'm not asking you to 'bow to his greatness' Just asking you give him at least partial credit as it pertains to your opinion. Then again, I'm biased too.

tl;dr we both can have different opinions, but mines right

Not trying to be an *** about it, really I'm not. It's just you contributed to a troll thread and then when it backfires, you quickly blame it on Freeman getting a raw deal and basically say Ryan hasn't improved since '10, which I disagree with. Matter of fact with what he did this year behind an offensive line that rated #31 and losing most of his weapons, I thought this was one of his finer years.

Look, I realize you're not in the 'Ryan sucks' camp and I'm not asking you to 'bow to his greatness' Just asking you give him at least partial credit as it pertains to your opinion. Then again, I'm biased too.

tl;dr we both can have different opinions, but mines right

WTF???????? Troll Thread????? I remember when Buc_Man started this thread. He started it after listening to all antif-Freeman crap here, after Freeman had just come off a season where he had actually out performed Ryan....with NONE of the weapons Ryan had available.

I'm with Ray......where's all the resentment coming from?

It's coming from those who need to validate Ryan at any cost. Facts are facts. After 2010 season, Freeman showed a high ceiling. But then he cratered with the entire team. Hindsight 3 years later is a wonderful thing.This was no Troll thread.

Pretty sure we have been through this before, but high ceiling is one of those subjective words that really doesn't mean anything. Freeman had a good statistical year in 2010 for sure but there wasn't a trend to reach a real conclusion on. We tend to overreact to small sample sizes and ignore the larger data sets or information that goes against our beliefs. IMHO Russell Wilson is the next big hype with a "high ceiling" that hasn't really proven anything yet.

who is saint ray to say any thing about falcon fans validating ryan????....he signed up to this site and has been validating a lombardi every year for 5...years.....maybe just maybe ryan is a top notch qb???....keep pitting up and comming qb's against ours dude....what ever....ryan had more upside in 2010....sorry bout it

Edited by still smokin
  • 4 months later...

Excluding any feeling I may or may not have for the Falcon or Buc franchises.....and if I were picking between Ryan and Freeman to lead my franchise, it would be Freeman in a heartbeat.

Ryan isn't as bad as he's been made out to be, but I think he has reached his peak whereas Freeman hasn't.

funniest quote in the whole thread.