Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buc-man™®

Josh freeman is so much better then matt ryan

2,928 posts in this topic

Take of those rose colored glasses and see Mattie Melt for what he really is. Nothing more than a game manager and without a stout running game he crumbles. Joshie Pooh on the other hand is just who you want having the ball at any time during the game.

not really...ill take ryans game winning drives over what josh has done anyday

If you take Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner off the field I still have faith that Matt Ryan can orchestrate a drive down the field for a score

:blink:

" statistical and fact based "

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's obviously pointless to carry on this discussion because the only people that put forth the effort to go sign up for another team's message board, and then post in threads about their own teams...and the only ones moronic enough to only spew pure homerism.

Look back at my post. The stats about both QBs in college are there. The stats about them last season in terms of wins and losses, and against who, are there.

Freeman is good, but you're an idiot.

Take of those rose colored glasses and see Mattie Melt for what he really is. Nothing more than a game manager and without a stout running game he crumbles. Joshie Pooh on the other hand is just who you want having the ball at any time during the game.

the same Joshie Pooh that failed at producing a winning drive both times against the Falcons when in turn Ryan/Ice did produce the winning drives against the buccies...oh that Joshie Pooh... :lol:

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

It's obviously pointless to carry on this discussion because the only people that put forth the effort to go sign up for another team's message board, and then post in threads about their own teams...and the only ones moronic enough to only spew pure homerism.

Look back at my post. The stats about both QBs in college are there. The stats about them last season in terms of wins and losses, and against who, are there.

Come on you can't go by stats in college, because if so Russel would be a beast.

Ryan is a good Qb, but saying the comment about not having those players you would have faith in Ryan is dumb. **** with all of those players he didn't even mange to get over 200 yards passing vs the Packers down by 20.

the same Joshie Pooh that failed at producing a winning drive both times against the Falcons when in turn Ryan/Ice did produce the winning drives against the buccies...oh that Joshie Pooh... :lol:

Very unwise to provoke joshie pooh.... Grimes will tell ya :P

What's the name of this Forum? I believe it's RIVAL CENTRAL.

rival |ˈrīvəl|

noun

a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity : he has no serious rival for the job | [as adj. ] gun battles between rival gangs.

• [with negative ] a person or thing that equals another in quality : she has no rivals as a female rock singer.

verb ( -valed , -valing ; Brit. -valled, -valling) [ trans. ]

compete for superiority with; be or seem to be equal or comparable to : the efficiency of the Bavarians rivals that of the Viennese.

ORIGIN late 16th cent.: from Latin rivalis, originally in the sense ‘person using the same PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL as another,’ from rivus ‘PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL.’

And you call US idiots. :rolleyes:

God, I wish these TATFers would stay over there without mucking up a perfectly good thread about one of the best young quarterbacks in the league! B)

whats the dro looking like down there? i can't find any.

dro? That's supposed to mean it's grown indoors hydroponically. I know a lil' bit about the stuff, but I mean.....REALLY? I suggest a trip out to Humboldt County, California. ;)

which of these things were said by Falcons fans in answer to criticism to Matt Ryan

a)he hasn't had enough time to develop.

b)a QB needs at least 3 years

c)he is better now than Brees was after a couple of seasons

d)all of the above

so why is it that Freeman doesn't get the same leniency from them?

SaintsFanInLA likes this

which of these things were said by Falcons fans in answer to criticism to Matt Ryan

a)he hasn't had enough time to develop.

b)a QB needs at least 3 years

c)he is better now than Brees was after a couple of seasons

d)all of the above

so why is it that Freeman doesn't get the same leniency from them?

Is that really even a question?

Ryan is LIGHT YEARS ahead of where Brees was in his first 3 years.

Case in point after Brees's first 3 years, the Chargers used their top selection to get Brees's replacement.

You wont see the falcons trading up to get a qb this year.

Is that really even a question?

Ryan is LIGHT YEARS ahead of where Brees was in his first 3 years.

Case in point after Brees's first 3 years, the Chargers used their top selection to get Brees's replacement.

You wont see the falcons trading up to get a qb this year.

Ryan also has far more talent around him than Brees had. that debate has already been settled

Freeman is a better physical talent that Ryan... But I'm pretty sure he's more physically gifted than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees... But Ryan wins and plays with restraints put on by the coaching staff. Freeman is very good and will continue to develop. But he makes a lot of mistakes and can be really eratic at times.

To say that Ryan is only this good becuase of the talent around him is only partially true. When he came in as a rookie the Falcons were a 4-12 team at the bottom of the league. He's tied Dan Marino for the most wins by a QB in his first 3 years. Ryan is a winner... he makes plays when they need him to. I've seen Freeman choke away just as many games as he has won.

Please tell us you're not comparing Ryan to Marino! Marino was a completely different QB than Ryan. How many 100 yard rushers did Marino play with during his career? I'll tell ya how many....In 17 seasons Marino had 1 that's ONE 1000 yard rusher help him out!

You wan't to see a choke job? Watch Ryan's last game, it was pathetic! I've never seen a QB that wanted off the field and the ball out of his hands the way Ryan did that last game. Yeah........He's a REAL WINNER! :rolleyes:

Please tell us you're not comparing Ryan to Marino! Marino was a completely different QB than Ryan. How many 100 yard rushers did Marino play with him during his career? I'll tell ya how many....In 17 seasons Marino had 1 that's ONE 1000 yard rusher help him out!

You wan't to see a choke job? Watch Ryan's last game, it was pathetic! I've never seen a QB that wanted off the field and the ball out of his hands the way Ryan did that last game. Yeah........He's a REAL WINNER! :rolleyes:

Marino also didn't have to make his long passes like rainbows

I know this topic is meant to be a joke by saying Freeman is better then Ryan but I know some people here actually do believe Freeman is better then Ryan. lmao :lol: .

m cooper 22 likes this

I know this topic is meant to be a joke by saying Freeman is better then Ryan but I know some people here actually do believe Freeman is better then Ryan. lmao :lol: .

as of this moment, I don't think so but then Ryan has more experience and better talent. I believe Freeman has a bigger potential ceiling tho

as of this moment, I don't think so but then Ryan has more experience and better talent. I believe Freeman has a bigger potential ceiling tho

Potential is a fleeting as snow and ice. Until he proves it three straight years like Ryan/Ice has then we can talk!

Potential is a fleeting as snow and ice. Until he proves it three straight years like Ryan/Ice has then we can talk!

Three straight years???????

Did you not watch his last game?

How many picks did he throw last season?

How about Freeman? And that was only Joshie's 2nd season! :rolleyes:

what has Ryan proven? he choked in the playoffs, was 10 out of 39 all year on passes of 20+ yards, and couldn't do anything when there was no running game

what has Ryan proven? he choked in the playoffs, was 10 out of 39 all year on passes of 20+ yards, and couldn't do anything when there was no running game

Three straight years of improvement, winning seasons, and field awareness, but you are right he has to prove it in the post season now and he will!

DD: Objective Elite likes this

1)your 'faith' in Ryan is not fact...it is opinion

2)Green Bay would beg to differ with your assessment.

lets talk facts here...even with a great RB, WR, and TE, Matt Ryan only managed to complete 10/38 passes 20+ yards. That is pathetic. By way of comparison Sam Bradford (A ROOKIE) did 10/39 and I bet you couldn't even begin to tell me who his #1 TE or WR was.

Matt Ryan is a dink and dunk game manager...nothing more, nothing less. The performance of his offense stinks when Turner is held in check.

Agreed

Sexy Rex is the future