Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconJim

Wonderlic scores

106 posts in this topic

I took the sample test the other day, and the 12 minute time limit really screwed me up. I consider myself to be somewhat intelligent, but that test is not as easy as I thought it would be. I'm not saying Green is dumb or smart, just that the test is anything but easy.

To a legitimate graduating college student it should be a simple process. If you go to college you have to be able to take tests every semester and numerous times every semester. EVERY SEMESTER not whether you do well in the testing environment or not. To the folks who say "I don't do well testing well so why should they"? Well you wouldn't make it through college in that case now would you? Testing while distinguishing yourself from others is what higher education is supposed to be all about. If it is not then how do you distinguish the best students from mediocrity? Timed tests are the normal rhetoric and intentional bureaucracy in the higher educational environments. It separates the mentally elite from the students who shouldn't be in college while weeding out who can't make the grade or who can't make the commitment to see something to fruition. Tell me this... why is there a grade point average in colleges if educational excellence does not matter? You can't.

Spare me the bovine excrement about intelligence meaning nothing in the most cerebral sport in the world because it only amplifies the stupidity and ignorance of the ones saying it. If player intelligence means nothing then why do the Falcons and the upper echelon teams draft intelligent players and value leadership qualities? Dumbasses rarely, if ever, display great leadership abilities because who would follow them if they are that stupid? I wouldn't personally. Why is there even a test called the Wonderlic which has been around for years if it means nothing? It mean something about the makeup of the player whether you agree or not just the same as there is 40 yard dashes, vertical leaping drills, etc.

Simple aptitude tests tells franchises the mental makeup or lack thereof with potential players/employees they will spend millions of dollars on in the draft. Had we as a franchise taken heed of the Wonderlic when Michael Vick scored 11 points we might have taken a player still with the franchise today instead of the resulting debacle that ensued in 2007. Then again, maybe not since Dan Reeves was running the show then, but it apparently means something to the current regime.

I have yet to hear a team come forward and say they intentionally draft stupid players who merely are endowed with only great football sense. Have you?

Quarterback likes this

I'm thinking if you want a guy to focus on catching the ball going over the middle with a corner, safety and linebacker converging on him at the same time, it's probably better if he doesn't think so good.

However, with the rule changing so that's illegal to tackle a receiver, maybe now you do want a guy with some brains.

To a legitimate graduating college student it should be a simple process. If you go to college you have to be able to take tests every semester and numerous times every semester. EVERY SEMESTER not whether you do well in the testing environment or not. To the folks who say "I don't do well testing well so why should they"? Well you wouldn't make it through college in that case now would you? Testing while distinguishing yourself from others is what higher education is supposed to be all about. If it is not then how do you distinguish the best students from mediocrity? Timed tests are the normal rhetoric and intentional bureaucracy in the higher educational environments. It separates the mentally elite from the students who shouldn't be in college while weeding out who can't make the grade or who can't make the commitment to see something to fruition. Tell me this... why is there a grade point average in colleges if educational excellence does not matter? You can't.

Spare me the bovine excrement about intelligence meaning nothing in the most cerebral sport in the world because it only amplifies the stupidity and ignorance of the ones saying it. If player intelligence means nothing then why do the Falcons and the upper echelon teams draft intelligent players and value leadership qualities? Dumbasses rarely, if ever, display great leadership abilities because who would follow them if they are that stupid? I wouldn't personally. Why is there even a test called the Wonderlic which has been around for years if it means nothing? It mean something about the makeup of the player whether you agree or not just the same as there is 40 yard dashes, vertical leaping drills, etc.

Simple aptitude tests tells franchises the mental makeup or lack thereof with potential players/employees they will spend millions of dollars on in the draft. Had we as a franchise taken heed of the Wonderlic when Michael Vick scored 11 points we might have taken a player still with the franchise today instead of the resulting debacle that ensued in 2007. Then again, maybe not since Dan Reeves was running the show then, but it apparently means something to the current regime.

I have yet to hear a team come forward and say they intentionally draft stupid players who merely are endowed with only great football sense. Have you?

Touché!

+1

My problem with this issue is that AJ's Agent should have had him coached up on how to get points on the test if he is a bad test taker etc. And then the issue of the QB situation at his Pro Day. Does anyone know who AJ's agent is? I mean what a tard that you don't think ahead to get the most out of the tools used to earn you a lot of money.

As far as the test itself, what is up with all the algebra questions? They have absolutely no relevence to playing ball. Lets see now, if a kickoff returner starts at the 5 yard line moving at 10mph and the kicker starts at the 35 moving at 3mph, where will they meet on the field?

A. Returners 40

B. Mid field

C. Kickers 20

D. Nowhere because the returner blew by the kicker like the Road Runner

My problem with this issue is that AJ's Agent should have had him coached up on how to get points on the test if he is a bad test taker etc. And then the issue of the QB situation at his Pro Day. Does anyone know who AJ's agent is? I mean what a tard that you don't think ahead to get the most out of the tools used to earn you a lot of money.

As far as the test itself, what is up with all the algebra questions? They have absolutely no relevence to playing ball. Lets see now, if a kickoff returner starts at the 5 yard line moving at 10mph and the kicker starts at the 35 moving at 3mph, where will they meet on the field?

A. Returners 40

B. Mid field

C. Kickers 20

D. Nowhere because the returner blew by the kicker like the Road Runner

It sounds like this test is designed to measure how fast one can come up the correct answers. I've never taken a test that gives you 12 minutes to answer more than 20 questions... :wacko:

I agree with this statement. I consider myself fairly intelligent but I'm pretty atrocious at tests. I have ADD and that coupled with the pressure of the test really messes with me. Certain positions a bad score would concern me for a football player, Safety, QB and Center among the most. Wide receiver wouldn't concern me a great deal. Cornerback might in the case of Peterson.

I agree, while the Wonderlic test may be used by the NFL, it is hardly the only indicator of a person's intelligence. I can see how only answering 20 questions can cost you. I took a sample test after the report of Green's score. There was one question that was a bit more involved and it really slowed me down. I didn't finish but still scored in the high 20's on this simple test. I've never been speedy when it comes to reading or test taking. Honestly if you want a good score why not give them more time. I really don't understand the need to beat the clock when taking a test if you want to quantify how much I know. No test I ever took in school did I have just 12 mins. I always had 50 mins to an hour. Some question are simple enough for anybody that can read to answer within 5 seconds, others are still simple but a bit more involved.

College playbooks have ton's of plays and verbiage, if Green can learn all that I have no problem with the guy from a mental aspect. I only had an average SAT score but got my BBA from UGA and consider myself fairly intelligent and successful in life thus far.