Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconJim

Wonderlic scores

106 posts in this topic

You're probably right anyway but a little better 40 time and a whole lot more intelligence would have sealed it--like Calvin Johnson, for example.

In 2010 that might have been the case, but in a skill position needy 1st round like 2011, A.J. just has to make sure he doesn't go clubbing with Ben Roethlisberger or let Donte Stallworth drive him to the pancake house.

Its funny how no one has mentioned the fact that you have to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes. Thats 4 questions a minute. If your a slow reader or you like to figure things out by writing them down your screwed on this test.

If you graduate highschool and go to a major university, there is no excuse to score below a 10 on the wonderlic test. I could have aced it in Jr High and these guys are coming out of college and scoring 6s lmao

If you graduate highschool and go to a major university, there is no excuse to score below a 10 on the wonderlic test. I could have aced it in Jr High and these guys are coming out of college and scoring 6s lmao

You might be able to score high in JR High but I doubt you can do the things he can on the football field.

Pretty much. This is football so these scores don't mean anything. I mean Alex Smith scored like a 40 on his and Ryan Fitspatrick did as well so obviously they should be outstanding players too then right?

Not so much. Wonderlic test scores show the ability to think critically and the aptitude to learn. The test has nothing to do with athletic performance. Anyone arguing that the Wonderlic score shows someone will or will not be a great NFL player is looking at the test from the wrong angle. The Falcons have leaned heavily on college grads over the past few seasons not solely because those players are more NFL ready after playing on the college level for several seasons but also because they show the ability to learn by earning a college degree.

The Wonderlic test is no different than any other tests that employers use from time to time to weed through job candidates. The test may not show if someone can or can't do the job well but it can show the employer the strengths and weaknesses of a candidate. Some NFL coaches may not want to spend the extra time teaching a player their playbook, some may, and the Wonderlic test gives a bit of insight on how much effort may be needed with a player.

Bottom line, the Wonderlic Test is a critical thinking test, those that can have that ability can often learn or pick up on concepts faster than those that don't do well in that area. It has nothing to do with job performance. It's a time proven test that NFL front office and scouts lean on for a reason, it may not be fair to publicly announce scores but in the mass media world we live in it's to be expected.

Yes, and standardized tests like the SAT and ACT also revolve around time constraints.

With that being said, these guys PRACTICE for the Wonderlic, just like one can for the SAT or ACT.

Why? Because the more times you practice it and become more acquainted with the types of questions asked, you vastly improve your ability to answer the questions quickly.

I believe it was Greg McElroy that recently said in an interview regarding his high Wonderlic score that he should've done very well because he had taken 8-or-so practice tests.

There's college courses in Critical Thinking, a semester in one of those courses makes this test fairly simple. It would be interesting to match college majors to test scores, Business Majors have to take courses that have critical thinking involved on some level, Home Economics, not so much.

Some of these scores make you wonder how did their SAT scores pass the NCAA Clearinghouse minimum score? The SAT is much harder than some of the questions I have seen on practice wonderlics.

It's really not that hard to pass the NCAA standards, I played with some morons in college. :lol: I actually admire those that make the effort to go to Prep Schools for a semester/season to work on their test scores and GPA's instead of just simply quitting all together or cheating.

You might be able to score high in JR High but I doubt you can do the things he can on the football field.

and? I was not saying the guy cant play football because of his wonderlic score. The other poster kept giving excuses as to why he scored that low, but there is no reason for a college student not to be able to pass a test that easy. Take off your homer glasses and read what I post before you start throwing out dumb statements about me not comparing to dude on the field.

and? I was not saying the guy cant play football because of his wonderlic score. The other poster kept giving excuses as to why he scored that low, but there is no reason for a college student not to be able to pass a test that easy. Take off your homer glasses and read what I post before you start throwing out dumb statements about me not comparing to dude on the field.

Well guess what it doesn't matter if there was a reason or not some of these players fail. That poster is wrong for making excuses just as you are for trying to compare what you could do on the test next to these guys. No one cares what you can do your just a poster on a message board like everyone else.

Well guess what it doesn't matter if there was a reason or not some of these players fail. That poster is wrong for making excuses just as you are for trying to compare what you could do on the test next to these guys. No one cares what you can do your just a poster on a message board like everyone else.

You are correct. I am wrong to believe that someone who graduates highschool and goes to a major university should be able to make a grade over 10 on a very, very easy test. I dont know what I was thinking, and I am glad someone like you was here to set me straight. Thanks alot bug guy.

You are correct. I am wrong to believe that someone who graduates highschool and goes to a major university should be able to make a grade over 10 on a very, very easy test. I dont know what I was thinking, and I am glad someone like you was here to set me straight. Thanks alot bug guy.

You can think what you want but doesn't change the fact that Green and others with low scores are still going to the NFL. It's a shame your great score doesn't get you pro scouts at your door but I'm glad I was able to set you straight.

You can think what you want but doesn't change the fact that Green and others with low scores are still going to the NFL. It's a shame your great score doesn't get you pro scouts at your door but I'm glad I was able to set you straight.

At what point did I say that he shouldnt be able to go to the NFL because of it? You are assuming that I am using the test score as an arguement as to why he shouldnt be in the NFL; Even though, I have stated time and time again that, that was not the comparison I was making. Is AJ Green your brother or something? You seem to be taking my comments to heart.

At what point did I say that he shouldnt be able to go to the NFL because of it? You are assuming that I am using the test score as an arguement as to why he shouldnt be in the NFL; Even though, I have stated time and time again that, that was not the comparison I was making. Is AJ Green your brother or something? You seem to be taking my comments to heart.

I'm not only talking about AJ I'm talking about all other players with crappy scores (I think Julio might go before him anyways). What I'm getting at is that you and your ilk taking time out to compare what YOU would do on the test with theirs when it doesn't matter what you or I can do since your not going into the league. It would mean something if these guys are trying to become project managers but they are football players.

Thats great for you that you could have "aced" it (even though you have no idea whats on the tests that they are taking, unless your the one handing them out and grading them), some people are better test takers then others. But again, if a couple questions trip you up you have less and less time to answer questions which makes you rush.

Some people like to read each question and each answer twice, thats time consuming.

Thats great for you that you could have "aced" it (even though you have no idea whats on the tests that they are taking, unless your the one handing them out and grading them), some people are better test takers then others. But again, if a couple questions trip you up you have less and less time to answer questions which makes you rush.

Some people like to read each question and each answer twice, thats time consuming.

there is a difference between missing some questions because you didnt have enough time to read it all and missing **** near every question on the test. Most of the wonderlic exams I have seen have a perfect score of a 45. If dude scored a 9 then he missed 80 percent of the questions. That is alot more than just not having enough time to read some of them.

These guys failed that's it. There should be no excuses why they did but at the same time why should anyone care.

Are they computer engineers? no

Are they scientists? no

I'm not only talking about AJ I'm talking about all other players with crappy scores (I think Julio might go before him anyways). What I'm getting at is that you and your ilk taking time out to compare what YOU would do on the test with theirs when it doesn't matter what you or I can do since your not going into the league. It would mean something if these guys are trying to become project managers but they are football players.

LMAO once again you are trying to say that I am using as a reason that he shouldnt be drafted high. You are correct in saying that it doesnt matter what my score would be but id be willing to bet the majority of JR high kids could score higher than a 9 on it. If dude has an injury he is screwed because he doesnt have the intelligence to work the fryer at McDonalds.

These guys failed that's it. There should be no excuses why they did but at the same time why should anyone care.

Are they computer engineers? no

Are they scientists? no

Because they are products of the U.S. school system and shouldnt be allowed out of the 5th grade without knowing the answers on a test like that. They **** sure shouldnt be allowed into college with that little intelligence.

:D

LMAO once again you are trying to say that I am using as a reason that he shouldnt be drafted high. You are correct in saying that it doesnt matter what my score would be but id be willing to bet the majority of JR high kids could score higher than a 9 on it. If dude has an injury he is screwed because he doesnt have the intelligence to work the fryer at McDonalds.

Having a college degree doesn't equal to much nowdays. I'm sure Berney Madeoff had some sort of degree and he probably wish that he could "flip" burgers in comparision to where he is now. Berney robbed a lot of people's dreams and costed him his son's life. Judge yourself and stop worrying about others. You actually sound jealous... :D

And again what does it matter if middle schoolers can score higher than them. The fact you had to compare what you can do, along with middle schoolers IQ to these guys just shows a little saltyness that your being outdone by a bunch of idiots lol.

:D

Having a college degree doesn't equal to much nowdays. I'm sure Berney Madeoff had some sort of degree and he probably wish that he could "flip" burgers in comparision to where he is now. Berney robbed a lot of people's dreams and costed him his son's life. Judge yourself and stop worrying about others. You actually sound jealous... :D

Because he is.

And again what does it matter if middle schoolers can score higher than them. The fact you had to compare what you can do, along with middle schoolers IQ to these guys just shows a little saltyness that your being outdone by a bunch of idiots lol.

:D:lol::lol:

Because they are products of the U.S. school system and shouldnt be allowed out of the 5th grade without knowing the answers on a test like that. They **** sure shouldnt be allowed into college with that little intelligence.

Where are you from? Athletes have been getting free rides since forever.

there is a difference between missing some questions because you didnt have enough time to read it all and missing **** near every question on the test. Most of the wonderlic exams I have seen have a perfect score of a 45. If dude scored a 9 then he missed 80 percent of the questions. That is alot more than just not having enough time to read some of them.

Have you actually seen the ones that the prospects are getting? Ive yet to see an actual test that they have gotten. Ive seen ones that are supposed to be the same as the others but i highly doubt they are even close.

Some people are just not good a test taking and the whole time things makes it even worse for them. Its not an excuse at all for anyone, i had the same problem in school where id barely finish a test in 40 minutes because i made sure i read everything carefully. If i had to take a test with 50 questions in 12 minutes im sure id do poorly on it too.

Just give it up man! Those that place a higher value on education and intelligence for any endeavor, including professional football, will agree with you and those that still suck their thumbs never will! wink.gif