Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconJim

Wonderlic scores

106 posts in this topic

The point is if you can't make a descent score on a simple aptitude test then how did some of these guys graduate from college. Hellfire how did they even graduate from high school.

He should be a shamed how did he got in collage. Have to wonder what someone like LeBron James would do. WAIT WAIT NOT ONE CARES. JUST LIKE NO ONE RALLY CARES WHAT A.J. DID if he score a touchdown a game he could player in a dunce cap if the N.F.L. would let him

He should be a shamed how did he got in collage. Have to wonder what someone like LeBron James would do. WAIT WAIT NOT ONE CARES. JUST LIKE NO ONE RALLY CARES WHAT A.J. DID if he score a touchdown a game he could player in a dunce cap if the N.F.L. would let him

Pretty much. This is football so these scores don't mean anything. I mean Alex Smith scored like a 40 on his and Ryan Fitspatrick did as well so obviously they should be outstanding players too then right?

slamee101 likes this

We've been looking at A. J. Green, and here's an article on how he did on the Wonderlic Test.

Kinda disconcerting to me. What do you guys think???

I mean, I know a lot of good NFL players haven't done so well on this in the past, but this guys at the bottom. I've loved A. J. as a college player, but is he going to be able to learn an NFL playbook? Of course, it may work out we don't get him, anyway, but just saying.

GO YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim

Two of the NFL's brightest future stars, LSU CB Patrick Peterson and Georgia WR A.J. Green, registered among the five lowest Wonderlic scores of the 330 participants at this year’s NFL scouting combine.

Peterson was one of four prospects who recorded a dreaded single-digit score, which NFL teams often equate with getting their name right, tying with South Carolina's Chris Culliver for the lowest mark among all defensive backs as both correctly answered only nine questions on the 12-minute, 50-question test.

Green registered the lowest score of all receivers, answering 10 questions correctly.

Did anyone expect him to do good on it?

Brett Farve scored 22

Dan Marino scored 15

Jim Kelly scored 15

Yep if the Wonderlic really mattered then these guys should have never made an NFL team to begin with.

even though it doesnt seem like a big difference but the difference between a 9 and a 15 is huge, i think the average is in the low 20's. remember you could multiple guess and score at least a 6

I think some people miss the point with this topic. No-one is saying that the Wonderlic is the best way to judge a football player. No-one is arguing that the league should be full of players who scored at least 35 on the test, and that if you get less than 15 you are doomed to failure in the NFL.

If A.J. Green scores a Touchdown every game, then obviously not many people will care about his intelligence or his Wonderlic performance, but the point is, at this moment in time, we don't KNOW how he will do in the NFL, just as none of the scouts know how good he will turn out, and his horribly low Wonderlic score SUGGESTS that MAYBE he could struggle to learn a playbook, respond to instructions etc.

Most people realise that there are many facets to playing football, but one of them is intelligence (to a degree), and this topic is debating how this aspect of AJ Green's persona COULD affect his draft position, and ultimately his potential to be a top NFL player.

I think some people miss the point with this topic. No-one is saying that the Wonderlic is the best way to judge a football player. No-one is arguing that the league should be full of players who scored at least 35 on the test, and that if you get less than 15 you are doomed to failure in the NFL.

If A.J. Green scores a Touchdown every game, then obviously not many people will care about his intelligence or his Wonderlic performance, but the point is, at this moment in time, we don't KNOW how he will do in the NFL, just as none of the scouts know how good he will turn out, and his horribly low Wonderlic score SUGGESTS that MAYBE he could struggle to learn a playbook, respond to instructions etc.

Most people realise that there are many facets to playing football, but one of them is intelligence (to a degree), and this topic is debating how this aspect of AJ Green's persona COULD affect his draft position, and ultimately his potential to be a top NFL player.

Nice post, mrfahaji. Pretty much sums up what I think about this subject, too.

I wish A. J. well, and hope he turns out to be the proverbial "beast".

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

WalterFootball said Roddy scored a 4. So no a 10 would not be too troublesome.

Missed the poster that said he scored a 17. Not sure where Walter got their scores.

Some of these scores make you wonder how did their SAT scores pass the NCAA Clearinghouse minimum score? The SAT is much harder than some of the questions I have seen on practice wonderlics.

Correct!

It is simply another measurement tool just like his 40 time, long jump, standing jump, etc. In any of these measurements if you score poorly or exceptionally this will affect one's opinion and thus your possible draft selection when compared with others at your position.

You can bet the house that the more "cerebral" coaches like a Bill Belichick or Sean Peyton pay close attention to Wonderlic scores and will select the player with the highest intelligence if the other measureables are comparable.

I would!

Its funny how no one has mentioned the fact that you have to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes. Thats 4 questions a minute. If your a slow reader or you like to figure things out by writing them down your screwed on this test.

slamee101 likes this

Its funny how no one has mentioned the fact that you have to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes. Thats 4 questions a minute. If your a slow reader or you like to figure things out by writing them down your screwed on this test.

Yes, and standardized tests like the SAT and ACT also revolve around time constraints.

With that being said, these guys PRACTICE for the Wonderlic, just like one can for the SAT or ACT.

Why? Because the more times you practice it and become more acquainted with the types of questions asked, you vastly improve your ability to answer the questions quickly.

I believe it was Greg McElroy that recently said in an interview regarding his high Wonderlic score that he should've done very well because he had taken 8-or-so practice tests.

Mike Mamula, he of the infamous "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" assessment, tested great for strength and speed, but was also supposed to have scored a 49 in the Wonderlic Test.

I'm pretty sure AJ can outrun, outjump and outcatch his Wonderlic score.

He's still going in the Top 5.

You're probably right anyway but a little better 40 time and a whole lot more intelligence would have sealed it--like Calvin Johnson, for example.

Yes, and standardized tests like the SAT and ACT also revolve around time constraints.

With that being said, these guys PRACTICE for the Wonderlic, just like one can for the SAT or ACT.

Why? Because the more times you practice it and become more acquainted with the types of questions asked, you vastly improve your ability to answer the questions quickly.

I believe it was Greg McElroy that recently said in an interview regarding his high Wonderlic score that he should've done very well because he had taken 8-or-so practice tests.

Yes but on the SAT for every 4 questions you dont answer it counts as one wrong against you, im sure its not the same for the wonderlic where they expect you to answer all the questions. And you can "study" and take practice tests all you want but if you get a question that stumps you for even a minute you have to make up those 3 questions somehow.

Say the first 4 questions on the test really confuse you and they take you 45 seconds to a minute each to answer, if they take you 45 seconds each thats 3 minutes of the 12 you have to answer 50 questions. That leaves you 9 minutes to answer 46 more questions or roughly 5 questions a minute, if they take a minute each that leaves you 46 questions in 8 minutes or nearly 6 questions a minute. Now while this is all going on dont you think your going to start to panic because you know your timed and that you dont have nearly as much time as you need resulting in sloppy mistakes?

We've been looking at A. J. Green, and here's an article on how he did on the Wonderlic Test.

Kinda disconcerting to me. What do you guys think???

I mean, I know a lot of good NFL players haven't done so well on this in the past, but this guys at the bottom. I've loved A. J. as a college player, but is he going to be able to learn an NFL playbook? Of course, it may work out we don't get him, anyway, but just saying.

GO YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim

Two of the NFL's brightest future stars, LSU CB Patrick Peterson and Georgia WR A.J. Green, registered among the five lowest Wonderlic scores of the 330 participants at this year’s NFL scouting combine.

Peterson was one of four prospects who recorded a dreaded single-digit score, which NFL teams often equate with getting their name right, tying with South Carolina's Chris Culliver for the lowest mark among all defensive backs as both correctly answered only nine questions on the 12-minute, 50-question test.

Green registered the lowest score of all receivers, answering 10 questions correctly.

....and neither is coming to the Falcons so remind me why you created a thread here.... :mellow: