Brees loses most of my respect

ThunderCookie

What is fair in his books? You sit here and act like everythig is Drew's fault when you know everyone on the teams have a say so in the matter. They picked respected players from a few teams to represent the players of the NFL. Don't sit there and tell me Matt Ryan would have done something different than what is being done now.

We all know if Ryan got a deal done strapped it to a ball and tried to hit an owner as he left the room the ball would fall short.

Actually, if it was a "done deal" then Ryan would float it for the easy int.

And I never said this was Drew's fault. I have always had a high opinion of Brees that I have expressed here many, many times. I truly thought he was better than this. He chose to be the face for the players. He chose to grab headlines instead of being above it all.

He is your qb, so what an opposing fan thinks of him should be as meaningless as your opinion on everything else. (zinnnggg! Lighten up Francis.)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is a matter of opinion. That's why fans everywhere seem to be split on who to support, the players, or the owners.

This crap has gotten worse than discussions on religion. If you're pro-player, you'll get posts a mile long telling you how wrong you are, same goes for if you claim to be pro-owner.

Nfl and Espn forums are brutal these days.

I agree with the owners, personally. Brees, has a lot of people torn though (not myself). It's hard to hate on the guy, the NFLPA chose wisely when they chose him to be one of the major faces of their organization.

The heck with both of them 08', they should be pro fan!

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

I will say that after looking at the NFL's last proposal that the NFLPA should have given one more extension, but there have been some conflicting reports so it is hard to say. On the surface it looks like a good deal but one still needs to put himself in the player's shoes

1)the NFL conspired to cheat the players out of money and lock them out

2)the NFL wanted them to take a billion dollar cut from their collective pay

3)According to some of the players present in the last week, out of the more than 16 hours they were 'talking' the NFL owners were only present for 3 or 4 which led to further anger and resentment

4)apparently the NFL's deal was offered at the last second and the players did not have a chance to ask questions about it

putting myself in the players shoes I would have been mad as **** with all that, but if lack of information on the new offer from the NFL was a problem, what would they have lost by agreeing to another week of mediation?

My bad! I saw the link in your post and somehow missed that you were quoting another post.

Oh I already knew that. Thats why I let you know. I'm actually quite sick about it because if I saw it on local news as a true story, how many others are deceived? Its sickening man!

Thanks for rereading.

I will say that after looking at the NFL's last proposal that the NFLPA should have given one more extension, but there have been some conflicting reports so it is hard to say. On the surface it looks like a good deal but one still needs to put himself in the player's shoes

1)the NFL conspired to cheat the players out of money and lock them out

2)the NFL wanted them to take a billion dollar cut from their collective pay

3)According to some of the players present in the last week, out of the more than 16 hours they were 'talking' the NFL owners were only present for 3 or 4 which led to further anger and resentment

4)apparently the NFL's deal was offered at the last second and the players did not have a chance to ask questions about it

putting myself in the players shoes I would have been mad as **** with all that, but if lack of information on the new offer from the NFL was a problem, what would they have lost by agreeing to another week of mediation?

Extending it wouldn't have hurt anything. They both need each other and I think both sides are arrogant as h.ell. The owners can shut down their organizations and go back to what made them rich in the first place. The players can get a real job and see how the rest of us working stiffs feel. I never thought I would hear the day when millionaire players would consider that kind of money a mere pittance and slave wages?

I am seeing this through a fans perspective though, not an owners, and certainly not those poor players!

Extending it wouldn't have hurt anything. They both need each other and I think both sides are arrogant as h.ell. The owners can shut down their organizations and go back to what made them rich in the first place. The players can get a real job and see how the rest of us working stiffs feel. I never thought I would hear the day when millionaire players would consider that kind of money a mere pittance and slave wages?

I am seeing this through a fans perspective though, not an owners, and certainly not those poor players!

As much as I enjoy watching the NFL every Sunday, I find it extremely difficult to really sympathize with either side in this whole debacle. You could more than likely take the combined salaries or income of practically everyone on this message board and it would still have trouble measuring up to the individual salary of even one middle ranked NFL player...to say nothing of how much the owners are all worth. As a fellow working stiff, I find that I don't really care what the issues are or who wants what...just get it resolved so we can have a football season in 2011 and get back to discussing what all of us here, regardless of team affiliation, really want to discuss...the game on the field...not the machinations and power grabs taking place between millionaires and billionaires...

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

As much as I enjoy watching the NFL every Sunday, I find it extremely difficult to really sympathize with either side in this whole debacle. You could more than likely take the combined salaries or income of practically everyone on this message board and it would still have trouble measuring up to the individual salary of even one middle ranked NFL player...to say nothing of how much the owners are all worth. As a fellow working stiff, I find that I don't really care what the issues are or who wants what...just get it resolved so we can have a football season in 2011 and get back to discussing what all of us here, regardless of team affiliation, really want to discuss...the game on the field...not the machinations and power grabs taking place between millionaires and billionaires...

You evidently haven't been over to TATF recently. Nearly every 12 year old that posts over there is a Millionaire, just ask 'em. They're more than happy to tell ya. Not to mention nearly most every newbie 30 something Saints fan is a Billionaire and owns several of his own multi-million dollar companies. :lol:

well something came out that the NFL didn't bother to mention to the public in their list of 'concessions'

The last deal offered by the NFL offered a lot of good things but it also would have severed the tie between the salary cap and revenue meaning that the salary cap would no long increase along with the NFL being more successful

Between that and the deal to get paid during the lockout, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same as the players. Everything the NFL has offered has been far short of what the players already had.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

well something came out that the NFL didn't bother to mention to the public in their list of 'concessions'

The last deal offered by the NFL offered a lot of good things but it also would have severed the tie between the salary cap and revenue meaning that the salary cap would no long increase along with the NFL being more successful

Between that and the deal to get paid during the lockout, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same as the players. Everything the NFL has offered has been far short of what the players already had.

Isn't that pretty much why the owners have forced the lockout in the first place? They're just trying to renege on what they gave the players in the last CBA. Not to mention trying to shorten their careers with more regular season games while offering less than what they have now. I don't see ANYONE to blame other than the owners. The player WANT to play. The players want a 2011 season! The owners seem like every right wing, narcissistic, S.O.B. politician who couldn't care less about people.

another blow to the owners:

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6257263

"Lanci claimed that the lockout denies him the right under the personal seat licenses to go to Browns games and has destroyed the value of the seat-license agreement.

The lawsuit claims the NFL and its teams have "conspired with the Browns and one another to lock out the players, without justification, resulting in the Browns' breach of the PSL agreement."

could it be that the NFL's greed in the whole PSL idea in the first place is coming back to bite them? i know if I paid for a PSL I would be pissed as ****

The entire situation is a mess. The problem they have now is the fans are pissed at both sides because we could care less about billionaires fighting with millions over some revenue sharing.

the difference is that the fans don't have grounds to sue the players. those fans that have paid lots of money for a PSL just might have grounds for a class action suit against the NFL

the difference is that the fans don't have grounds to sue the players. those fans that have paid lots of money for a PSL just might have grounds for a class action suit against the NFL

Dago, we should boycott! No more NFL tickets, game tickets, merchandise, concessions, and see how fast both parties come to their knees.

Dago, we should boycott! No more NFL tickets, game tickets, merchandise, concessions, and see how fast both parties come to their knees.

no need to if this happens. most owners see PSLs as the future but if this lawsuit goes through they will have to choose between PSLs or being able to control work stoppages. which do you think they will do?

no need to if this happens. most owners see PSLs as the future but if this lawsuit goes through they will have to choose between PSLs or being able to control work stoppages. which do you think they will do?

I think the PSL's will hold up in court. If the NFL wanted to they could get a lot more per seat on the open market. Think how much owners would be hated then? They claim the PSL's help keep their ticket pricing down which is true. Contracts do not come along that often, I think the NFL wold rather control the PSL's and worry about contract deadlines as they approach every so many years.