Brees loses most of my respect

ThunderCookie

I don't do this with most Saints fans, but I have WAY more respect for you as a poster and human being based on some of what you have told me.

These are the reasons for my statement above.

Breesus: He just ate it up

"I could stab someone and no one would care"

The whole player unity thing before a game in front of fans(Holding up the number one...that was his idea).

Dude is and always has had a very arrogant demeanor.

I could go on Dago, but no matter what you'll give a rebuttal. That's fine. He led NO to their first SB and does a lot in YOUR community. Most players do and there are some who are not famous nor even has any real ties who has contributed. That's what good people and most celebrities do. Dude thinks way too much of himself and loves to talk about what he does...

first of all, the stabbing remark was brought up to him. it was a joke.

second, the unity thing has a purpose if you know the history of the last labor problem. the players were fragmented and not organized and caved in the strike of 1987. as a leader of the players, it can easily be said that one of his responsibilities would be to make sure the players were united before the crap hit the fan. try shouldering that responsibility before you judge him on how he handles it.

third, nobody is perfect. i think you have mistaken arrogance for passion and commitment. EVERYONE, not just Saints players, says the same about him. I think that it is sad that you choose to focus on these things which are open to interpretation rather than judge him by his actions which have been amazingly altruistic.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all, the stabbing remark was brought up to him. it was a joke.

second, the unity thing has a purpose if you know the history of the last labor problem. the players were fragmented and not organized and caved in the strike of 1987. as a leader of the players, it can easily be said that one of his responsibilities would be to make sure the players were united before the crap hit the fan. try shouldering that responsibility before you judge him on how he handles it.

third, nobody is perfect. i think you have mistaken arrogance for passion and commitment. EVERYONE, not just Saints players, says the same about him. I think that it is sad that you choose to focus on these things which are open to interpretation rather than judge him by his actions which have been amazingly altruistic.

I'm sorry if I offended, but I can only judge by what I see. Many are amazingly altruistic. Especially celebs but not many need for everyone to know. He, for some reason, needs people to know.

Dago, I didn't like him before he was a Saint. In fact I like him a little better since he has become a Saint. Ask Chargers fans what they think of him and it will sound similar.

I'm sorry if I offended, but I can only judge by what I see. Many are amazingly altruistic. Especially celebs but not many need for everyone to know. He, for some reason, needs people to know.

Dago, I didn't like him before he was a Saint. In fact I like him a little better since he has become a Saint. Ask Chargers fans what they think of him and it will sound similar.

you didn't offend. more like confused.

you mean the same Chargers fans who ran a coach out that had double digit victories year in and year out instead of blaming the ownership for their shortcomings?

People griping on the internet is not exactly a relevant sample. Many Chargers fans came to the Saints message boards and told us how much they liked him.

I think its kind of ridiculous that you would bag on him when the NFL has the likes if Chris Johnson, TJ Housh, TO, Adam Jones, Big Ben, Randy Moss, etc. It's also ridiculous that you would bring up the opinions of disgruntled Chargers fans and ignore the opinions of the people who know him best....the coaches and players.

But then I guess we perceive what we want to perceive.

you didn't offend. more like confused.

you mean the same Chargers fans who ran a coach out that had double digit victories year in and year out instead of blaming the ownership for their shortcomings?

People griping on the internet is not exactly a relevant sample. Many Chargers fans came to the Saints message boards and told us how much they liked him.

I think its kind of ridiculous that you would bag on him when the NFL has the likes if Chris Johnson, TJ Housh, TO, Adam Jones, Big Ben, Randy Moss, etc. It's also ridiculous that you would bring up the opinions of disgruntled Chargers fans and ignore the opinions of the people who know him best....the coaches and players.

But then I guess we perceive what we want to perceive.

Rarely have people said messed up things about a teammate...especially when winning.

There have been Falcons who I have felt the same about. Its okay though. I expect you to take up for the guy.

Rarely have people said messed up things about a teammate...especially when winning.

There have been Falcons who I have felt the same about. Its okay though. I expect you to take up for the guy.

That is pretty much a given when it comes to your own players. Although, there are a few exceptions...

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

see...if i was going to get offended, this would be the point and not when you express an unfounded opinion of a Saints player. I rebutted your opinion and instead of addressing my points or defending your position (which can't even be said to be based upon hearsay or anecdotes) you condescendingly pass it off as homerism which can only mean a couple of things

1)you truly have no basis for your opinion

or

2)you have that little respect for my intellect

you can't even say you just didnt think it was worth talking about because you still took the time to reply and pass my opinion off as homerism.

truth is I was the first Saints fan in here to agree that Reggie Bush has been a bust and WFW can verify that I have had doubts since year two. There are several negative things you can say about Saints players that I can agree with including conduct off the field. I am probably one of the more objective people in here. All I am saying is if you are going to slam a person, player or not, who has done so much for their community (and you even acknowledge he has) then perhaps you should have something to back it up

Dago I couldn't agree more, the amount of help he has the given the people of New Orleans **** even the State of Louisiana and you still find people who think he's trying to get attention come on back up your statements. If Ryan won a SB (sorry I thinkyou are wasting your time on him) he would act the same way, **** you could even tell in the pro bowl how different of a person he was from winning that thing. My opinion you are just jealous you don't have him on your team.

Will no one think of the poor owners? :(

Small minded views are the reason for the shape this country is in.

The owner represents the coaches, the receptionists, lawn maintenance, the guy that pushes the little chalk thingy, and many other people from whom the players wish to take some of their money.

They point to the owners while shoving down poor little Timmy who was just trying to make a few bucks for school.

Dago I couldn't agree more, the amount of help he has the given the people of New Orleans **** even the State of Louisiana and you still find people who think he's trying to get attention come on back up your statements. If Ryan won a SB (sorry I thinkyou are wasting your time on him) he would act the same way, **** you could even tell in the pro bowl how different of a person he was from winning that thing. My opinion you are just jealous you don't have him on your team.

First, that is stupid. Not really, all teams have hypocritical fans. You are case in point.

Never the less, here is one from my team that you can super glue to Brees and drown in gumbo: Tony G. He pulled a "we just want what's fair" on his face book.

First, that is stupid. Not really, all teams have hypocritical fans. You are case in point.

Never the less, here is one from my team that you can super glue to Brees and drown in gumbo: Tony G. He pulled a "we just want what's fair" on his face book.

What is fair in his books? You sit here and act like everythig is Drew's fault when you know everyone on the teams have a say so in the matter. They picked respected players from a few teams to represent the players of the NFL. Don't sit there and tell me Matt Ryan would have done something different than what is being done now.

We all know if Ryan got a deal done strapped it to a ball and tried to hit an owner as he left the room the ball would fall short.

Edited by Laugher

see...if i was going to get offended, this would be the point and not when you express an unfounded opinion of a Saints player. I rebutted your opinion and instead of addressing my points or defending your position (which can't even be said to be based upon hearsay or anecdotes) you condescendingly pass it off as homerism which can only mean a couple of things

1)you truly have no basis for your opinion

or

2)you have that little respect for my intellect

you can't even say you just didnt think it was worth talking about because you still took the time to reply and pass my opinion off as homerism.

truth is I was the first Saints fan in here to agree that Reggie Bush has been a bust and WFW can verify that I have had doubts since year two. There are several negative things you can say about Saints players that I can agree with including conduct off the field. I am probably one of the more objective people in here. All I am saying is if you are going to slam a person, player or not, who has done so much for their community (and you even acknowledge he has) then perhaps you should have something to back it up

The only thing that bothers me is that you REALLY think that I am attempting to be a jerk. I live in GA man and only know what I see. If I'm wrong I'm just wrong.

If you didn't take up for him and truly believe in what he's doing then that would be dishonest. Even if it is against a guy who truly looks at you as a friend and with a ton of respect. I never forgot what you told me about your school. Now THAT deserves some real gratitude.

If I'm wrong about him then I wish him a strong apology as well as to his fans and anyone I have offended. I don't understand what you mean by basis. I know quite a few players, some are family, I am a has-been/never-was. I don't personally know Brees though and if I have made a wrongful statement, then I can only apologize.

I really don't understand what you wrote, not being sarcastic or attempting the AFMB water-in-vein comeback. I'm being sincere.

The only thing that bothers me is that you REALLY think that I am attempting to be a jerk. I live in GA man and only know what I see. If I'm wrong I'm just wrong.

If you didn't take up for him and truly believe in what he's doing then that would be dishonest. Even if it is against a guy who truly looks at you as a friend and with a ton of respect. I never forgot what you told me about your school. Now THAT deserves some real gratitude.

If I'm wrong about him then I wish him a strong apology as well as to his fans and anyone I have offended. I don't understand what you mean by basis. I know quite a few players, some are family, I am a has-been/never-was. I don't personally know Brees though and if I have made a wrongful statement, then I can only apologize.

I really don't understand what you wrote, not being sarcastic or attempting the AFMB water-in-vein comeback. I'm being sincere.

you should know me better than to think I would defend a dude just because he is on my team. I honestly think you have mistaken confidence, leadership, and passion for arrogance. The guy is so much of a boy scout that sometimes I think he HAS to have some horrible skeleton in his closet. From day one...before he ever took a snap in a game...he said that he felt that New Orleans was the right choice and that God had provided him the chance to do good things for the area. He could have just gone after a 1 year contract and then hit the market once teams saw that his arm was better than ever.

I am not trying to say the dude is a saint (religious sense, not NFL :D ) but he is a good man. I can't find the source, but I saw something where the Saints lead the NFL in charitable donations and community service and, if true, a lot of that is Drew Brees. His teammates would do most anything he asks and what he asks is that all of them get their butts out there and help out whether it be at the local schools or physically rebuilding neighborhoods.

you should know me better than to think I would defend a dude just because he is on my team. I honestly think you have mistaken confidence, leadership, and passion for arrogance. The guy is so much of a boy scout that sometimes I think he HAS to have some horrible skeleton in his closet. From day one...before he ever took a snap in a game...he said that he felt that New Orleans was the right choice and that God had provided him the chance to do good things for the area. He could have just gone after a 1 year contract and then hit the market once teams saw that his arm was better than ever.

I am not trying to say the dude is a saint (religious sense, not NFL :D ) but he is a good man. I can't find the source, but I saw something where the Saints lead the NFL in charitable donations and community service and, if true, a lot of that is Drew Brees. His teammates would do most anything he asks and what he asks is that all of them get their butts out there and help out whether it be at the local schools or physically rebuilding neighborhoods.

Yeah. Thats why I said the thing about believe in him, not the team. We have had guys on my team that I didn't like. But you know that much.

Like I said, I saw some things and maybe I misread what I was seeing. Would not be the first time. I make mistakes...its that human thing.

Yeah. Thats why I said the thing about believe in him, not the team. We have had guys on my team that I didn't like. But you know that much.

Like I said, I saw some things and maybe I misread what I was seeing. Would not be the first time. I make mistakes...its that human thing.

don't we all

and Fleur de Brees is correct...the stabbing thing was a satire piece written by The Onion. Brees never said that.

and there are a lot of players in the NFL that I don't like. For example I would have a real problem with my team if Big Ben were the QB. I think in comparison to most NFL teams, the Saints have fewer 'problem players' than most. In fact, the NFC South seems to be doing well in that regard and a lot of that has to do with the QBs IMO. We can debate talent and ability all day, but I have never seen anything out of Brees, Matt Ryan, or Josh Freeman that would lead me to believe that they aren't class acts who conduct themselves professionally

don't we all

and Fleur de Brees is correct...the stabbing thing was a satire piece written by The Onion. Brees never said that.

and there are a lot of players in the NFL that I don't like. For example I would have a real problem with my team if Big Ben were the QB. I think in comparison to most NFL teams, the Saints have fewer 'problem players' than most. In fact, the NFC South seems to be doing well in that regard and a lot of that has to do with the QBs IMO. We can debate talent and ability all day, but I have never seen anything out of Brees, Matt Ryan, or Josh Freeman that would lead me to believe that they aren't class acts who conduct themselves professionally

Did not know that it was a joke by The Onion. I actually saw it on the news as though it were news. Wow, now I feel really bad for all of the disgust. Just wow.

No, Ben is a scary guy overall. Wouldn't trust him with a young boy even.

Everything is a matter of opinion. That's why fans everywhere seem to be split on who to support, the players, or the owners.

This crap has gotten worse than discussions on religion. If you're pro-player, you'll get posts a mile long telling you how wrong you are, same goes for if you claim to be pro-owner.

Nfl and Espn forums are brutal these days.

I agree with the owners, personally. Brees, has a lot of people torn though (not myself). It's hard to hate on the guy, the NFLPA chose wisely when they chose him to be one of the major faces of their organization.