Snelling gets a 2nd round tender

Atlanta Falcons running back Jason Snelling has been assigned a second-round restricted free agent tender, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

A former seventh-round draft pick from the University of Virginia, the 5-foot-11, 223-pounder is known for his tackle-breaking ability and receiving skills.

Snelling has rushed for 324 yards and two touchdowns last season, catching a career-high 44 passes for 303 yards and three touchdowns.

Two seasons ago, he rushed for a career-high 634 yards and four touchdowns. He also caught 30 passes for 259 yards and one touchdown.

Snelling, 27, has rushed for 1,042 career yards and seven touchdowns.

He has registered 82 career passes for 651 yards and four touchdowns.

Guest mashburn

I hope the Packers don't go after him. :unsure:

I could really see them doing this. cause last year they took that one RB from us.

In every game has been placed in without turner, he has been a huge succes. and there has been games were turner and snelling were playing, and snelling still produced. when he has been used he has always shown to produce.

I could really see them doing this. cause last year they took that one RB from us.

In every game has been placed in without turner, he has been a huge succes. and there has been games were turner and snelling were playing, and snelling still produced. when he has been used he has always shown to produce.

when in the **** did he make all these passes

Oh yeah. Dude ran for over 1,000 yards last year. Those backs are a dime a dozen (shakes head).

He's also turning 30 and theres statiscal evidence he's on the back end of his career. I don't nomrally agree with Mr.Right but Turner really only has 1-2 more years with the Falcons imo.

If someone gets Snelling Norwood would have to stay imo. Turner already beign the work horse he is, doesnt need an added work load. With the possibility of losing Snelling and not resigning Norwood thats what we would most likely be looking at.

But I hope someone gets Snelling, I like him a lot but with an extra 2nd rd pick, TD and Smith could take care of the holes this team has.

Imo team need are:

DE

WR

OLB

TE

Oline based on what the happens.

RB

If there is a FA we could get Ray Edwards and scratch DE off the list.

Rd 1. Hankerson WR is off the list.

RD 2. Bruce carter. OLB

RD 2. trade out or take Murray. RB

since they will be back ups anyways, we can go Gilbert RD 3. OG

Rd. 4 Jordan Cameron TE

All 5 will be starters at some point, unless they dont pan out.

I'd like to keep Snelling he fits the falcons make-up

Thats true, he does. But unfortunatley to get good players at a position of need right away you have to give up good players at a position ou can afford to lose a good player.

In doing this the Falcons know if someone takes Snelling we have guys at the RB position in the draft we have already been looking at and like.

Thats true, he does. But unfortunatley to get good players at a position of need right away you have to give up good players at a position ou can afford to lose a good player.

In doing this the Falcons know if someone takes Snelling we have guys at the RB position in the draft we have already been looking at and like.

yes but i always see the team lose good players and get nothing if we have a goo player keep them