2011 players the Falcons have shown interest in

I think he is a NB with potential to be a #2 if he develop... I think he still have nightmares about how Floyd gave is to him with no mercy..lol..

He is not a 1st round pick... Atleast to me..

He is a 5'9 CB that plays hard... I TD will like the fact that he will tackle.... Butill never take a 5'9 CB in the 1st round

Oh really? Now is this your opinion or you just hopping on the bandwagon because thats what Mayock said? Everyone says he got "destroyed" by Floyd and that simply is not true. He got beat deep once because he tripped/slipped and one play he took a bad angle to come up and make the tackle when Floyd wasn't even his primary responsibility on the play. The rest of the damage by Floyd wasn't done on Harris. Besides, you are gonna drop someone 1 or 2 rounds because of 2 plays in a game against another potential 1st round WR? That's just poor scouting and judgement on your part. It's funny cuz most people don't have a clue what Harris plays like they just hear he got destroyed by Floyd and Mayock called him a 2nd/3rd rounder so i guess that's what he is.

Why haven't you said this before? I certainly don't recall you doing so because no one likes to put their sack on the line. It's all about being right all the time AFTER the fact. Not that impressive, but it sure makes you feel good doesn't it?

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh really? Now is this your opinion or you just hopping on the bandwagon because thats what Mayock said? Everyone says he got "destroyed" by Floyd and that simply is not true. He got beat deep once because he tripped/slipped and one play he took a bad angle to come up and make the tackle when Floyd wasn't even his primary responsibility on the play. The rest of the damage by Floyd wasn't done on Harris. Besides, you are gonna drop someone 1 or 2 rounds because of 2 plays in a game against another potential 1st round WR? That's just poor scouting and judgement on your part. It's funny cuz most people don't have a clue what Harris plays like they just hear he got destroyed by Floyd and Mayock called him a 2nd/3rd rounder so i guess that's what he is.

Why haven't you said this before? I certainly don't recall you doing so because no one likes to put their sack on the line. It's all about being right all the time AFTER the fact. Not that impressive, but it sure makes you feel good doesn't it?

I was going to ask why so harsh but then I saw your OGDraft Big Board and you have Harris at 12 overall.

The only thing I am going to take issue with on your big board is having Aldon Smith is 5. I would never take Aldon Smith over Da'Quan Bowers in a million years, and you have Bowers outside of the Top 10. I think Smith's potential is through the roof if he can come back 100% from his surgery (there are serious concerns he has lost a chunk of his burst and explosiveness), but right now he isn't nearly as good as Bowers who was the #1 overall recruit 3 years ago and showed why this year. With that being said, if Aldon Smith slid to #27 I'd be elated if the Falcons drafted him (unless he slid because of major injury concerns).

ive been saying Harris was a 2nd round pick... ive been said this.. also said i liked the guy at the end of the season.... i also said i would only draft a CB in the 1st round if he is a bigger CB at the end of the season... The CB i said i would consider in the 1st round in our spot is Aaron Williams if he should the speed (he didnt) ....

Ive been said it... i dont need to say it every week.

I do respect Mayocks opinion even tho i disagree with him sometimes.

I was going to ask why so harsh but then I saw your OGDraft Big Board and you have Harris at 12 overall.

The only thing I am going to take issue with on your big board is having Aldon Smith is 5. I would never take Aldon Smith over Da'Quan Bowers in a million years, and you have Bowers outside of the Top 10. I think Smith's potential is through the roof if he can come back 100% from his surgery (there are serious concerns he has lost a chunk of his burst and explosiveness), but right now he isn't nearly as good as Bowers who was the #1 overall recruit 3 years ago and showed why this year. With that being said, if Aldon Smith slid to #27 I'd be elated if the Falcons drafted him (unless he slid because of major injury concerns).

Hey I don't mind being wrong thats why I put my stuff out there. There's a lot of guys I like that I have higher and guys that I don't like that I have lower.

That's your opinion. I think Bowers has a higher ceiling but he has so much to overcome to reach it. Aldon Smith is technically less experienced, but he is far ahead of Bowers in terms of technique. Bowers to me is a one-trick pony. He gets most of his sacks from over powering OL and using his quickness but he doesn't have any real moves. Guys like that scare me so thats why I have him ranked lower than most. I agree with your concerns about Smith's injury though. He really slowed down after that but it's cuz he played hurt. He should have made a full recovery by now and we'd hear about it if he didn't.

ive been saying Harris was a 2nd round pick... ive been said this.. also said i liked the guy at the end of the season.... i also said i would only draft a CB in the 1st round if he is a bigger CB at the end of the season... The CB i said i would consider in the 1st round in our spot is Aaron Williams if he should the speed (he didnt) ....

Ive been said it... i dont need to say it every week.

You said he was a 2nd rounder once and your reasoning was because of the Notre Dame game which I've gone over. Slipped once and took a bad angle when he was in zone.

You said he was a 2nd rounder once and your reasoning was because of the Notre Dame game which I've gone over. Slipped once and took a bad angle when he was in zone.

I'm not going to down the guy because i think he can be a good NB or even a #2... I dont think he is a 1st round pick tho... I would not take a 5'9 CB in the 1st round... Ive said this before... You can say this or that but Floyd have a GREAT game vs him... Doesnt mean 1 game define a guy but teams do look at the pro level guys you face and judge u off that more.

You think the guy is a 1st round pick... I think he is a 2nd round pick... I would not take a 5'9 CB in the 1st round... If TD picked him with our 2nd round pick... i would be cool with that... i think him learning from a grimes could def help him plus we would be good at the CB position

One thing Charlie Casserly said that i dont agree with... He question Harris instincts and ball skills... The guy had like 24 or 25 pass deflections in 2 years... Ints are huge but i dont question that ...

Why do you keep editing your posts and they don't show up?

How can you say Floyd had a "great" game against him? Be honest, did you watch the game? I just told you exactly what happened and I'm sure you can go back and watch the highlights and see for yourself. He slipped on the deep pass. Happens to the best of them. Amukamara stumbled a few times against Blackmon does that mean Amukamara's stock took a huge hit? No. He's still a good CB and every good CB has bad games. Harris "bad" game was blown way out of proportion and I find it laughable that because one draft expert considers him a 2nd/3rd rounder everyone else hops on that bandwagon. Especially because he was an almost unanimous 1st round pick before that one game. So he has on questionable bad game and his stock drops 1 full round? That's not logical at all.

Charlie Casserly also sounds like a moron based on some of the comments I've been reading he said like comparing Titus Young to Roddy White.

Hey I don't mind being wrong thats why I put my stuff out there. There's a lot of guys I like that I have higher and guys that I don't like that I have lower.

That's your opinion. I think Bowers has a higher ceiling but he has so much to overcome to reach it. Aldon Smith is technically less experienced, but he is far ahead of Bowers in terms of technique. Bowers to me is a one-trick pony. He gets most of his sacks from over powering OL and using his quickness but he doesn't have any real moves. Guys like that scare me so thats why I have him ranked lower than most. I agree with your concerns about Smith's injury though. He really slowed down after that but it's cuz he played hurt. He should have made a full recovery by now and we'd hear about it if he didn't.

I don't think Bowers is a one-trick pony at all, he has nice rip moves and he is strong and can pull rush -- not everyone needs a plethora of moves, and some great athletes with sick moves (i.e. Sidbury Spin) aren't effective in the NFL. Bowers is the perfect 4-3 LDE, which is exactly what we need and I've been a fan of his for years like I was for Ndamukong Suh and Arrelious Benn throughout their college days. If we had a stud LDE and we needed a RDE, I may want Aldon Smith instead, but that is not the case.

Bowers has always been good but grew up this year and absolutely dominated everyone, and that's without perfect technique. Imagine him with a year of NFL coaching with a good coaching staff. He also is relentless in chasing down the QB. I just love him as a prospect I remember from when he committed to Clemson. Aldon can be a monster too but I think he needs more work than Bowers imo.

Aldon's ceiling = Jevon Kearse.

Bower's ceiling = A mix between Julius Peppers and a better version of Justin Tuck.

Both are great ceilings, but one is suited to be an RDE and the other an LDE.

Walterfootball.com has this as Bowers' player comparison:

Player Comparison: Mario Williams. It does not appear that Da'Quan Bowers is going to match Mario Williams by being selected first overall, but clearly the talent matches up for him to have been considered there. He does have similar rare size and athleticism like "Super Mario," and both guys can hold their ground against the run.

and this for Smith's player comparison:

Player Comparison: Jason Pierre-Paul. This is an easy comparison to draw. Pierre-Paul took the draft process by storm last year as an athletic freak. He was even faster than Smith (4.67 to 4.75 40 at the Combine) and just a little bigger as well. However, athletically they compare well as pass rushers.

Neither player had a ton of production in college with Pierre-Paul having transferred from a junior college and Smith leaving after just two seasons. Both had analysts wondering if they could stand up as a 3-4 outside linebacker prior to the draft as well.

to be fair, I had Jason Pierre-Paul with the same comparison to Jevon Kearse for his ceiling.

After Bowers, I have Quinn and Smith as my 2a-2b 4-3 DE prospects.

I definitely don't pay any attention to what Walterfootball writes regarding draft prospects. They have very little knowledge and do very little actual scouting.

That's your opinion and I can respect that. A lot of people are gonna view him differently. I think Bowers has more to overcome to be successful in the NFL than Aldon Smith despite both having great ceilings. It's what makes scouting fun lol

I definitely don't pay any attention to what Walterfootball writes regarding draft prospects. They have very little knowledge and do very little actual scouting.

That's your opinion and I can respect that. A lot of people are gonna view him differently. I think Bowers has more to overcome to be successful in the NFL than Aldon Smith despite both having great ceilings. It's what makes scouting fun lol

Oh I don't trust their scouting either, but I generally like their player comparisons.

But then I guess you won't like what they said today regarding Charlie Casserly and Brandon Harris...:

3/27/11: Brandon Harris didn't run the 40 at his Pro Day. He actually had a worse vertical leap (34.5) than he did at the Combine. Charley Casserly isn't impressed with Harris, stating that he's a "fourth corner" on a team. Considering Casserly's dubious draft history, this is great news for the Miami corner.

Why do you keep editing your posts and they don't show up?

How can you say Floyd had a "great" game against him? Be honest, did you watch the game? I just told you exactly what happened and I'm sure you can go back and watch the highlights and see for yourself. He slipped on the deep pass. Happens to the best of them. Amukamara stumbled a few times against Blackmon does that mean Amukamara's stock took a huge hit? No. He's still a good CB and every good CB has bad games. Harris "bad" game was blown way out of proportion and I find it laughable that because one draft expert considers him a 2nd/3rd rounder everyone else hops on that bandwagon. Especially because he was an almost unanimous 1st round pick before that one game. So he has on questionable bad game and his stock drops 1 full round? That's not logical at all.

Charlie Casserly also sounds like a moron based on some of the comments I've been reading he said like comparing Titus Young to Roddy White.

im adding stuff to my post and yea i saw the game.... I looked at a lot of the U games because i love college football and i was told all season that we was looking at a couple of there players

Dude i think the guy is a 2nd round pick... Ive said on numerous posts i wouldnt draft a 5'9 CB in the 1st round.

Floyd is a 2nd or 3rd round prospect and Blackmon is a top 15 prospect.... but forget all that... like i said... 1 game is 1 game... Im not going to base everything on 1 game.

I said it more then once but u are looking at what you want to look at... I would not draft a guy in the 1st round that is 5'9.. I didnt say dude was a bum... never... I I said i dont think he is a 1st round pick.

I dont think he is a 1st round pick.... You do.... ok

I don't think Bowers is a one-trick pony at all, he has nice rip moves and he is strong and can pull rush -- not everyone needs a plethora of moves, and some great athletes with sick moves (i.e. Sidbury Spin) aren't effective in the NFL. Bowers is the perfect 4-3 LDE, which is exactly what we need and I've been a fan of his for years like I was for Ndamukong Suh and Arrelious Benn throughout their college days. If we had a stud LDE and we needed a RDE, I may want Aldon Smith instead, but that is not the case.

Bowers has always been good but grew up this year and absolutely dominated everyone, and that's without perfect technique. Imagine him with a year of NFL coaching with a good coaching staff. He also is relentless in chasing down the QB. I just love him as a prospect I remember from when he committed to Clemson. Aldon can be a monster too but I think he needs more work than Bowers imo.

Bower's ceiling = A mix between Julius Peppers and a better version of Justin Tuck.

to be fair, I had Jason Pierre-Paul with the same comparison to Jevon Kearse for his ceiling.

I really really like Aldon Smith.... If we trade up for a DE... HE is the guy i really like

in my mock im dropping i have a trade back but i think we will either trade up (for a DE) or trade back.... If we cant get a DE at 27.... We have to improve our team Jets style (have good CB's) and hope FA happen so we can get our DE.

FA has to happen sometime. I just think the best thing to do is add a DE then. I like Justin Houston if he fell to 27, but I wouldn't trade up for any DE at this point.

FA has to happen sometime. I just think the best thing to do is add a DE then. I like Justin Houston if he fell to 27, but I wouldn't trade up for any DE at this point.

but if the judge tell them to go by the 2010 rules.... will they have to go by the 2010 rules this year ?

Yea i dont think he will make it to our 27th pick.... I would trade up for Aldon Smith tho

im adding stuff to my post and yea i saw the game.... I looked at a lot of the U games because i love college football and i was told all season that we was looking at a couple of there players

Ok so I guess you just judged that game wrong then and overlooked some things.

Dude i think the guy is a 2nd round pick... Ive said on numerous posts i wouldnt draft a 5'9 CB in the 1st round.

Dude you claim to say a lot of things that I never actually see you post. I definitely can't recall you ever saying that and it doesn't even make sense to me. So if an elite CB prospect with all the tools was on the board but was 5'9 you would pass him up? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I said it more then once but u are looking at what you want to look at... I would not draft a guy in the 1st round that is 5'9.. I didnt say dude was a bum... never... I I said i dont think he is a 1st round pick.

No dude.. you never said that. I'm looking at what you said and you never said anything like that. In fact you had no opinion on him, that you posted, until AFTER he got "destroyed" by Floyd and then again in this thread where you made these claims. I don't recall you ever saying you didn't wanna draft 5'9 corners in the first and certainly never when talking about Brandon Harris.

I'm just tired of people saying things like "I've said that all along" despite never actually saying that, never actually watching the guy themselves, and just basing it off of what they heard. Cuz we all know if they happen to be right there gonna boast about how they "called it".

Ok so I guess you just judged that game wrong then and overlooked some things.

Dude you claim to say a lot of things that I never actually see you post. I definitely can't recall you ever saying that and it doesn't even make sense to me. So if an elite CB prospect with all the tools was on the board but was 5'9 you would pass him up? Doesn't make much sense to me.

No dude.. you never said that. I'm looking at what you said and you never said anything like that. In fact you had no opinion on him, that you posted, until AFTER he got "destroyed" by Floyd and then again in this thread where you made these claims. I don't recall you ever saying you didn't wanna draft 5'9 corners in the first and certainly never when talking about Brandon Harris.

I'm just tired of people saying things like "I've said that all along" despite never actually saying that, never actually watching the guy themselves, and just basing it off of what they heard. Cuz we all know if they happen to be right there gonna boast about how they "called it".

Dude.. the **** is you talking about.... yoo... ima just leave this one alone.... you can have it... I know what ive said on this MB tho...I'm not going to go back and look at my past posts because its not that important...

I would not take Harris in the 1st round.... thats that... Me.... I wouldnt

If i havent seen a guy play.. i would ask about him but ive seen harris play... i would not take him in the 1st round... Thats me... I'm going to leave it at that.

I know ive talked CB with others on this board... never talked about it would u so i dont suspect you to know what ive said.

but if the judge tell them to go by the 2010 rules.... will they have to go by the 2010 rules this year ?

Yea i dont think he will make it to our 27th pick.... I would trade up for Aldon Smith tho

That is fine. I read somewhere in TATF that we would still have the ability to sign one FA over 5 Million dollars a year.

I just cringe at the sight of having three young DEs in 2012 without a proven guy on the outside. Hopefully we will get a clear picture of what to expect from Biermann/Sidbury next year, but we know a young rookie is probably going to have some growing pains.

To put it simply, a very critical part of our defense could be in some deep trouble if that rookie doesn't work out.

That is fine. I read somewhere in TATF that we would still have the ability to sign one FA over 5 Million dollars a year.

I just cringe at the sight of having three young DEs in 2012 without a proven guy on the outside. Hopefully we will get a clear picture of what to expect from Biermann/Sidbury next year, but we know a young rookie is probably going to have some growing pains.

To put it simply, a very critical part of our defense could be in some deep trouble if that rookie doesn't work out.

The thing is... if its back to the 2010 rules (6 years then become a UFA) ... The Vikings tendered Edwards and The Panthers tendered Johnson...

So unless we would go after a Andre Carter type... who i think could be a good stop gap guy...

Drafting a young DE of the future might be the best option.

We will see tho.

Dude.. the **** is you talking about.... yoo... ima just leave this one alone.... you can have it... I know what ive said on this MB tho...I'm not going to go back and look at my past posts because its not that important...

I would not take Harris in the 1st round.... thats that... Me.... I wouldnt

If i havent seen a guy play.. i would ask about him but ive seen harris play... i would not take him in the 1st round... Thats me... I'm going to leave it at that.

I know ive talked CB with others on this board... never talked about it would u so i dont suspect you to know what ive said.

Ok don't make claims that you can't back up then. Swift was right about you.

Ok don't make claims that you can't back up then. Swift was right about you.

Dude what are you talking about.... Nvm... you can have it... im not about to go search for stuff i said to prove anything to you.

Ive never denied anything ive said... right or wrong....

I know we see eye to eye on a lot of things, but wow am I in complete disagreement with you on this one. Bowers has a ton of potential because he's still pretty raw, but saying he's the perfect LDE prospect is off imo. I would definitely not pick him in the top 10 just because I don't think he's going to be an 8-10 sack guy in the NFL, even at LDE. I just can't take the Walterfootball comparison seriously at all. I thought some of the sh** I read on this MB was completely ignorant but I think the stuff Walter posts as well as that message board gets the award for horrible analysis of the draft. And this quote just proves it. Mario Williams? I get that he's big, really strong and really athletic for his size, but the closest thing to Mario Williams EVER is Julius Peppers, and Bowers is no Julius Peppers. And how can you take their comparisons seriously if they don't even watch any games to understand who they are comparing these players to? That makes absolutely no sense. And to be completely honest... I don't think Bowers has the edge speed to be a stud pass rusher in the NFL. And I certainly don't think his ceiling is a cross of Peppers and Justin Tuck, two players with great edge speed. Bowers' edge speed is closer to Chauncey Davis than it is to Julius Peppers or Justin Tuck in my opinion, I just don't like that comparison at all.

And I just have to say that I disagree about him having good rip moves... he struggles to shed blocks period. And you say he's not a one trick pony but then you mention his good rip moves (which I would disagree on him having, at least with any kind of consistency), then you say he is strong (which is not a pass rush move, it's just an attribute) and then you say he has a good bull rush, which is what his one trick is; bull rushing until the blocker lets up and then he hustles and gets the sack. I just don't think that translates that well to the NFL. Additionally, if I am right and he doesn't have the edge speed to consistently beat RT's off the edge, then his entire value as a NFL player will be based on how hard he works to improve his pass rush technique so he can get by with above-average edge speed, impressive strength and technique. But he is so far away in the technique department that that worries me, and his ceiling is so much lower because of his edge speed that I just can't put him in the top 5 or 10. And I know it sounds like I hate the guy, but he's still in the top 15 in my big board because even if he doesn't become a dominant pass rusher I think he can be a good LE. I think he will be more of a 5-6 sacks a year (consistently, he would probably have one 8-10 sack year) DE only if he works hard to improve his technique. Because if he does that he will defend the run well, he will have a good motor and he will be able to collapse the pocket and shed violently, making him a quality player overall and that is hard to find at LE. I just can't look at comparisons to Peppers and Mario Williams... I just don't see it.

And finally, comparing Aldon Smith to Jason Pierre Paul is such bullsh**. I mean before I had ever seen him play I just assumed Aldon Smith was an athlete with no technique too, but that is just not reality. Pierre Paul was a freak athlete with great edge speed but he was extremely raw. Aldon Smith is not raw, he is quite advanced technique-wise for a redshirt sophomore. I was incredibly surprised to see that when I finally scouted him instead of seeing him live. He is very sound technique-wise for how young he is, much better than Bowers in fact, and that is why I also have him very high on my big board. But that comparison, along with the Bowers to Peppers comparison, is just completely ignorant in my opinion. I think that says a lot about how little Walter actually watches of prospects.

The thing is... if its back to the 2010 rules (6 years then become a UFA) ... The Vikings tendered Edwards and The Panthers tendered Johnson...

So unless we would go after a Andre Carter type... who i think could be a good stop gap guy...

Drafting a young DE of the future might be the best option.

We will see tho.

If that happens, and we don't like any of the DEs at 27, then maybe our best bet is to call up a team switching from the 4-3 to a 3-4 -- Houston comes to mind -- and trying to trade for one of their DEs. Yes, they have Mario Williams and he would take a ton of picks to get, but they also have 29 year old Antonio Smith who is a very good 4-3 LDE, but at 6'4, 290 lbs may not be a great fit for the 3-4. Jamaal Anderson and a 4th round pick may be able to get it done. I'd throw in a future 3rd rounder if they included Steve Slaton.

This is of course a pipe dream, but I'm hoping Cam Heyward or maybe if they love Phil Taylor for their 3-4 (if they drafted a 3-4 DE with their 1st rounder) are on the board at our pick, we could try to convince the Texans to ship us Super Mario for our 1st, 3rd, and future 1st. May seem like a lot but we'd essentially be trading that player, a 3rd rounder who in the recent past have gotten us Chevis Jackson, Harry Douglas, and Chris Owens, and a future (very late 1st) which we've spent on a Peria Jerry.

So basically would you trade Cameron Heyward, Chevis Jackson/Chris Owens, and an extra Peria Jerry for Mario Williams. The answer is simple: yes.

Then use our 2nd on the WR we covet -- Gates/Jernigan/Young -- and the rest of our picks on a developmental TE with upside, a nickelback, and depth.

If that happens, and we don't like any of the DEs at 27, then maybe our best bet is to call up a team switching from the 4-3 to a 3-4 -- Houston comes to mind -- and trying to trade for one of their DEs. Yes, they have Mario Williams and he would take a ton of picks to get, but they also have 29 year old Antonio Smith who is a very good 4-3 LDE, but at 6'4, 290 lbs may not be a great fit for the 3-4. Jamaal Anderson and a 4th round pick may be able to get it done. I'd throw in a future 3rd rounder if they included Steve Slaton.

This is of course a pipe dream, but I'm hoping Cam Heyward or maybe if they love Phil Taylor for their 3-4 (if they drafted a 3-4 DE with their 1st rounder) are on the board at our pick, we could try to convince the Texans to ship us Super Mario for our 1st, 3rd, and future 1st. May seem like a lot but we'd essentially be trading that player, a 3rd rounder who in the recent past have gotten us Chevis Jackson, Harry Douglas, and Chris Owens, and a future (very late 1st) which we've spent on a Peria Jerry.

So basically would you trade Cameron Heyward, Chevis Jackson/Chris Owens, and an extra Peria Jerry for Mario Williams. The answer is simple: yes.

Then use our 2nd on the WR we covet -- Gates/Jernigan/Young -- and the rest of our picks on a developmental TE with upside, a nickelback, and depth.

Dude i would give a 2011 1st,2nd and a 2012 1st round pick for Mario Williams...lol. its not going down tho,.. Wade was saying he will play him in a Bruce Smith type DE role... They are not moving him and Antonio Smith has been an expensive let down for them... i dont see him bringing anything new to this team then what we already have.

Archived