2011 players the Falcons have shown interest in

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roddy White

^_^

I say if we want to trade up that we try to send 27 and 59 to the Dolphins for 15. They are missing a second round pick, and could use the extra pick. They might miss out on Mark Ingram (who everyone assumes they are drafting), but they could still get a guy like LeShore or Williams at 27 and then pick up a solid offensive lineman, safety, or tight end with 59.

Meanwhile, we would jump ahead of Jacksonville and Tampa Bay and get our shot at a premier pass rusher like Smith or Kerrigan.

The trade values are fairly equivalent: 27 (680) + 59 (310) = 990; Pick 15 is worth 1050. Maybe we ship them JA98 too for good measure. :P

^_^

I say if we want to trade up that we try to send 27 and 59 to the Dolphins for 15. They are missing a second round pick, and could use the extra pick. They might miss out on Mark Ingram (who everyone assumes they are drafting), but they could still get a guy like LeShore or Williams at 27 and then pick up a solid offensive lineman, safety, or tight end with 59.

Meanwhile, we would jump ahead of Jacksonville and Tampa Bay and get our shot at a premier pass rusher like Smith or Kerrigan.

The trade values are fairly equivalent: 27 (680) + 59 (310) = 990; Pick 15 is worth 1050. Maybe we ship them JA98 too for good measure. :P

When teams need picks... They really dont go by the draft chart so i can see that happening...

When teams need picks... They really dont go by the draft chart so i can see that happening...

Yeah, that's why I chose Miami. They need picks in a bad way.

Another possibility would be Washington... if we traded up to #10 we could even have a shot at a guy like Bowers (or maybe Julio Jones?)

The Deadskins have so many needs they might just bite on a 1st, a 2nd, and the right player... and they do have a need at DE/DT, which JA98 would fill admirably.

Another team in that range who might be interested in trading down is Detroit. They seem so set against taking an OT in the 1st round, ever, that I don't see them doing it this year despite all the mock drafts floating around.

Their biggest needs are OLB and CB, but the players available at #13 don't match the value. They could trade down with us and select someone like Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith at #27.

It appears that we are targeting a DE in the 1st round, and a WR/RB in the 2nd-3rd rounds. Most of us assumed this already, but I am quite shocked as to how many top name DE's we have scheduled a private work-out with already.

I expect to see us add Torrey Smith and Leonard Hankerson to the WR list soon, because it looks like we are potentially targeting a WR if we can't grab a decent DE. Not to mention, we have scheduled a workout with Anthony Castonzo, so this is looking very interesting. I think out 1st round priority as of now is DE-WR-OT, but I can see OT becoming more integral as the draft approaches.

It appears that we are targeting a DE in the 1st round, and a WR/RB in the 2nd-3rd rounds. Most of us assumed this already, but I am quite shocked as to how many top name DE's we have scheduled a private work-out with already.

I expect to see us add Torrey Smith and Leonard Hankerson to the WR list soon, because it looks like we are potentially targeting a WR if we can't grab a decent DE. Not to mention, we have scheduled a workout with Anthony Castonzo, so this is looking very interesting. I think out 1st round priority as of now is DE-WR-OT, but I can see OT becoming more integral as the draft approaches.

Yeah, I really wish we had a more solid idea of what the organization plans to do as far as re-signing (or not signing) Blalock, Dahl, and Clabo. :wacko:

« Back to blog

Source: Rising wide receiver lining up visits

1 hour ago by AdamCaplan

WR Denarius Moore (Tennessee), who posted an eye-popping 4.37 40-yard dash time during his school’s pro day, has visits coming up with two NFL teams.

Moore (5-11 ½, 194), who also ran well during February’s NFL Scouting Combine (4.43, 4.45 40’s), already worked out for the Atlanta Falcons. Moore has scheduled visits with the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants coming up, a source confirmed.

The Falcons are in need of speed opposite veteran WR Roddy White. The Dolphins, like Atlanta, need speed at the position. The Giants could use a developmental player such as Moore.

What has caught the eye of NFL scouts is his run after the catch ability. Moore caught 47 passes for 981 yards (20.9 yards per catch) and 9 touchdowns last season for Tennessee.

Moore, who spent time the night before his pro day with the Baltimore Ravens, is expected to go off the board in rounds 4-5 in April’s NFL Draft.

This is the under the radar WR i really like and hopw we get even if we have to grab him in the 4th round.... A good speed WR with #2 WR potential

Yeah, I really wish we had a more solid idea of what the organization plans to do as far as re-signing (or not signing) Blalock, Dahl, and Clabo. :wacko:

I like Blalock but i think Clabo is the only guy i really want to see what happens... I feel like we are ver deep at Guard.

Jeron Johnson

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jeron-Johnson-draws-interest-from-Cardinals-Jaguars-NFC-South-club-7285.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Boise State defensive back Jeron Johnson conducted his campus Pro Day workout today with secondary coaches from the Jacksonville Jaguars, Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons in attendance, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

I like Blalock but i think Clabo is the only guy i really want to see what happens... I feel like we are ver deep at Guard.

I'd like to keep Blalock and Clabo. Mike Johnson can replace Harvey Dahl this year, and I think Hawley will replace McClure in 2012.

I'm just not sold on Reynolds or Svitek stepping up to replace Clabo at RT, and I'd prefer if we only had one change on the O-line this season... continuity is important.

You know, the more I read about Ryan Winterswyk, the more I hope he somehow winds up on our team. I'm not sure what position he would play, but we have needs for backups/youth at DE, OLB, AND TE. I just think he would fit in well with what Coach Smith and TD are trying to build here.

You know, the more I read about Ryan Winterswyk, the more I hope he somehow winds up on our team. I'm not sure what position he would play, but we have needs for backups/youth at DE, OLB, AND TE. I just think he would fit in well with what Coach Smith and TD are trying to build here.

he is a great guy but not much of a player imho. It can't hurt to sign him after the draft though. He'd probably be great on special teams as well. I think he'd play DE for us.

He's slated to visit the Buffalo Bills and conduct a private workout with the Atlanta Falcons next week, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

And Kerrigan has upcoming visits next month with the San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins and the New York Jets and the Atlanta Falcons.

It looks like we are working out RK and bringing him to the facility.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Cals-Chris-Conte-to-work-out-for-Seahawks-Bengals-Eagles-others.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Cal safety Chris Conte is scheduled for private workouts with the Seattle Seahawks, Cincinnati Bengals, Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia Eagles and the San Diego Chargers, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Does anyone know if we are working out Taiwan Jones or have any interest in this guy.

I see he has his workout on the 14th April out in California and I'm wondering if the Falcons will have any scouts at his workout.

I also see Mayock has him really highly rated as a late round gem also.

We haven't met with him yet but we won't know who will be at his workout till it happens.

Archived