2011 players the Falcons have shown interest in

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Like I said if he can play safety we wouldn't have to waste a pick on that position if DeCoud or Moore went down. We can use that pick on another position. Only thing is Franks or Owens would have

to step up at NB.

I would think TD is NUTS if he drafted a safety thats going to be backup in the 1st round..lol...

He has to think... Williams could play NB then develop into a CB on the island.

I would think TD is NUTS if he drafted a safety thats going to be backup in the 1st round..lol...

He has to think... Williams could play NB then develop into a CB on the island.

Naw I didn't mean draft him to play safety. I meant NB but like

B.Williams could play both. In an emergency if needed.

So far we are looking at two 1-2rd corners. Harris/Williams.

Also talked to Carmichael who is probably a 3rd rounder.

CB could go in the 1-3 rd. But who knows.

exactly... We are in a spot CB, OT, or TE would bring us the best value even if DE is our main need... I wonder what will TD do... I know a Team probably called him about the 27th pick to grab a QB... Or the trade up for a DE is a possibility..

exactly... We are in a spot CB, OT, or TE would bring us the best value even if DE is our main need... I wonder what will TD do... I know a Team probably called him about the 27th pick to grab a QB... Or the trade up for a DE is a possibility..

I was looking at TN or MN maybe looking to move up. Maybe Musgrave can have some pull to get them to move up. LOL

Edited by hawkeye

Clemson defensive back Marcus Gilchrist is working out for the Cleveland Browns this morning, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

And Gilchrist has a meeting this afternoon with Atlanta Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Marcus-Gilchrist-works-out-for-Browns-today-meets-with-Falcons-GM.html

Gotta say, I still don't see the comparison between Bowers and Peppers, Tuck or Mario Williams. He ran a 4.85 40 (that was his fastest time) at his pro day today. Obviously that isn't the be-all, end-all but everyone kept saying he was going to run a 4.6 something, and he was no-where close to that.

I heard someone compare him to Strahan

So let me get this straight, other than TD and co no one has a clue who we are taking. I know no one knows for sure any year but this year we could draft a DE, CB, WR, OL, we might move up or down. This imo has been an awesome off season leading up to the draft I cant wait to see what we do. I wouldnt mind trading up for a DE especially if FA happens and we land Sidney Rice, dont know how that would work since he was tendered but I hope we get him.

I was looking at TN or MN maybe looking to move up. Maybe Musgrave can have some pull to get them to move up. LOL

u kno u might be right. if u think about it, newton and mallet will be gone by there pick, and noone else is worth taking a QB that high. so y not trade down, and we would be perfect.... it does make sense

The Dolphins or Redskins are realistic guys.... Like you said.. The Vikings also

After looking at it again you are right about the Skins, b/c the

Skins and Vikings would need to jump TN to get a QB. So I would

say the Skins and Vikings would be good trade down teams.

I was told that on sirus nfl radio ...Anthony Allen said he has a private workout with the falcons.

I can easiley see us taking 2 mid to late round RB's.... a scat back and a more stouter/workload type RB.

It wouldn't surprise me. Last year proved we need four healthy running backs going into the season. Assuming we cut Norwood, I'd be happy to see us draft two running backs. One could take Norwood's role with the other potentially being groomed as Turner's replacement. It could also lessen the blow of potentially losing Snelling in free agency next year.

You know, something like grabbing Delone Carter/Jamie Harper/Roy Helu in the 4th and then picking up Mario Fannin/Noel Devine/Taiwan Jones in the 6th.

Edited by virginiafalcon

Alabama A&M defensive tackle Frank Kearse is emerging as a commodity for 3-4 defenses because of his capability to anchor at the line of scrimmage.

According to a league source with knowledge of the situation, Kearse is drawing interest from the Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers and the New England Patriots.

He has conducted an individual workout for the Steelers.

The 6-foot-4, 315-pounder is also on the radar of the Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, St. Louis Rams, Tennessee Titans, Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Frank-Kearse-drawing-interest-from-34-teams.html

I am starting to really like the idea of adding Jernigan to the offense. The kid is like a combo between Percy Harvin and DeSean Jackson. He is a better receiver than Percy, a tougher runner than Jackson, as elusive as both and tough as nails.

Give me Kerrigan in the 1st and Jernigan in the second and I am perfectly happy.

It looks like we are working Cam Jordan out there in Cal and bringing him to flowery branch for a visit.

Cal defensive end Cameron Jordan has visits with the St. Louis Rams, Atlanta Falcons, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and has previously visited the Detroit Lions and the Carolina Panthers, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The All-Pac 10 selection has private workouts for the Falcons and the New York Jets.