Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polar Bear Jones

2011 players the Falcons have shown interest in

444 posts in this topic

TonyPauline

St Louis Rams showing a lot of interest in Ricardo Lockette/WR/Fort Valley state at his pro-day workout today.

RavensInsider

Ricardo Lockett registered a 39-inch vertical leap at his Pro Day today.

We may have to draft him a round early (3rd/4th round) ...

I really do see us bringing back Norwood also... The risk reward value is slanted to much of the reward side... He will get a 1 year deal at the minimum ... I think we will atleast bring him to TC

I think Falcon fans have Snelling valued way to high... If Marshawn Lynch was traded for a 4th round pick... Snelling may could get us a 6th or 7th round maybe.... Maybe not even that... He is a good player but you can find big backs like him in the mid-late round in the draft

I agree that you can find big backs like him but he has been a guy that has shown if you need him to spot start he can do it, he gives you the inside run game but is also a good blocker and can catch out of the back field, I think a team with a speed back needing a RB like Snelling would value Snelling highly.

I dont know whats going on with the Chiefs and Thomas Jones but I think Snelling and Charles would compliment each other very well, or maybe the Ravens.

I dont think a lot of teams value Snelling that high but I believe there are a few that veiw him as a great compliment back.

Imo we could get Denvers 3rd by trading Snelling and Jenks.

By draftign a WR rd 1 and a RB rd 2 both of these guys are expendable imo.

EDIT: just checked Broncos WR's, absolutely no reason in the world they want Jenks.

I agree that you can find big backs like him but he has been a guy that has shown if you need him to spot start he can do it, he gives you the inside run game but is also a good blocker and can catch out of the back field, I think a team with a speed back needing a RB like Snelling would value Snelling highly.

I dont know whats going on with the Chiefs and Thomas Jones but I think Snelling and Charles would compliment each other very well, or maybe the Ravens.

I dont think a lot of teams value Snelling that high but I believe there are a few that view him as a great compliment back.

yea but you dont trade a 3rd round pick for a complimentary back (especially if its not a game breaking speed back)... A very late round pick... The only way i can see someone trading for Snelling if during the season they are hit hard with injuries.

]

I dont see it happening tho.

yea but you dont trade a 3rd round pick for a complimentary back (especially if its not a game breaking speed back)... A very late round pick... The only way i can see someone trading for Snelling if during the season they are hit hard with injuries.

]

I dont see it happening tho.

Yea that makes sense, for some reason though I think we will get another 3rd rd pick. I dont know why, but after we resign some players it should clear up. Have we talked to any OLB's? maybe we are content with Nic and want him to start but I think we bring back Pete for a year and take either Bruce Carter or Mason Foster.

But we will see what TD does with our free agents.

Yea that makes sense, for some reason though I think we will get another 3rd rd pick. I dont know why, but after we resign some players it should clear up. Have we talked to any OLB's? maybe we are content with Nic and want him to start but I think we bring back Pete for a year and take either Bruce Carter or Mason Foster.

But we will see what TD does with our free agents.

I was told that we was looking at a lot of OLB during the season...

I like Bruce Carter and think he would be a steal in the 3rd or 4th round... The problem is... 2011 season will basically get a redshirt year for him.. I dont see him playing at all next year...

During a radio interview TD talked about how impressed he was with Colin McCarthy leadership when he was scouting a miami game

Taiwan Jones Eastern Washington RB 6'0" 194

http://www.jbscoutin...ws/1623-tj-dj-3

That was an impressive video, and this guy looks like he's got what we need as a 3rd down scat back. My only problem with him is that I remember watching Adrian Peterson at Georgia Southern... just unstoppable at the same level of competition as Taiwan Jones... but when AP got drafted by the Bears, he didn't do much. I don't want to think that a level 1-AA football player is going to be overmatched in the NFL, but...

Mark Maloney of the Lexington Herald-Leader reports the Falcons were among the 26 teams on hand for Kentucky’s pro day on Thursday as well. Perhaps to check out explosive RB Derrick Locke and WR Randall Cobb, the school’s two most prominent NFL draft prospects.

http://falcfans.com/

At UK receiver Randall Cobb and running back Derrick Locke both stood on their combine numbers but did perform position drills for scouts. When it came to catching the ball one scout described both as “putting on a clinic” as each player caught everything thrown to them, ran crisp, precise routes and looked natural in all their skills.

The feeling from scouts leaving the workout is Cobb will not get out of the second round and there’s a chance that Locke, who has been compared to Dexter McCluster of the Kansas City Chiefs, could slide into the late part of the frame.

6'0 192lbs WR Edmund Gates.

http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/interviews/3-interviews/1621-gates-dj5

6'2 205lbs WR Ricardo Lockette

6'2 262lbs DE Sam Acho

6'3 280lbs DE Allen Bailey

5'8 179LBS RB Noel Devine

5-9 212 LBS RB Ryan Williams VT

5-7 199LBS RB Kendall Hunter OSU

link

6-5 250LBS TE Stephen Skelton

link

5-9 185 LBS WR Jerrel J ernigan Troy

5-7 197 LBS RB Dujuan Harris

link

6-3 221 LBS QB Adam Weber Minnesota

link

6-0 194 LBS WR Denarius Moore

link

Defense:

LB –

CB –

S –

DT -

DE – Sam Acho, Allen Bailey

Offense:

TE – Jordan Cameron, Stephen Skelton

OC -

OT – Anthony Castanzo

OG –

WR – Ricardo Lockette, Edmund Gates, Jerrel Jernigan, Denarius Moore

FB –

QB – Adam Weber

RB – Noel Devine, Taiwan Jones, Ryan Williams, Kendall Hunter, Dajuan Harris

Special teams

LS-

K

P-

I was searching for Senior Bowl info any one has any?

why not shane vereen, he is a stud receiving back who can outbench most of the lineman. i know his 40 was 4.6 but ingrams was 4.5, watch this is the guy who is going to be the stud in the nfl

virginiafalcon likes this

link

RavensInsider

East Carolina WR/KR Dwayne Harris has a private workout for the Falcons on Monday.

He met with the Falcons at the Senior Bowl and the NFL scouting combine... Now we have a private workout with him.

link

He met with the Falcons at the Senior Bowl and the NFL scouting combine... Now we have a private workout with him.

looking at youtube footage he catches EVERYTHING with his body, but he shows good run after the catch ability, and seems to be tough to bring down, but caught from behind.

over 100 REC, 1000 yds, and 10 tds in sr year.

sideline scouting says he has good hands, works the middle, has solid burst at LOS, gets separation, cuts well and is elusive. big hands, former QB so understands coverage and finds soft spots. they say his hands are like glue and he can make one handed grabs. negatives-not a deep threat, short for the outside, and durability. rated #19 amoung WR's.

PFW says he separates short to intermediate, is a reliable catcher, runs well after catch, tough and fearless-plays bigger than his size, good field awareness, strong returner. not a burner, tech route running needs polish, not a vertical threat, inconsistant blocker, broke left foot in 08 & 10.

lindys said- strong runner after catch, good vision in open field, willing to go over the middle and take big hit, makes circus grabs, tough runner does not go down on first contact. lacks straight line speed and explosiveness, usually lines up in slot didn't face much press, fumbles too often carrying ball loosely(4 in 2010) passes get into body on occasion, raw route runner but quick feet and athleticism to succeed with coaching.

looking for myself and at several sources which confirm and add to my observations, i can confidently say he is not a deep threat and will not stretch the field, will not block well, will fumble, will be challenged for the ball due to body catching instead of high pointing, will be relegated to the slot, and will not challenge jenkins for #2. based on this, i dont really like him. he may help in short to intermediate game as possesion reciever that moves the chains and most of his yds will come after the catch which is fine, and he might return on ST's but i hate returners that put it on the ground.

i had scratched him from my list, but as long as we dont draft him until rd 5, i'd be ok with it. he would bring much needed toughness over the middle but i'm not convinced about his hands. i would prefer a developmental outside reciever in rd 6 like lestar jean or armonn binns.

yea.. I think we are checking out all the mid-round WR's ... I see us getting a WR around the 3rd round.

I think Dwayne Harris can be a good slot WR but i think HD is a better version of Dwayne Harris.

Vidal Hazelton

link

Pat Yasinskas Blog

Falcons looking hard at WRs

March, 14, 2011 Mar 1411:50AM

By Pat Yasinskas

There has been lots of speculation the Atlanta Falcons will look to upgrade at wide receiver this offseason.

2011 NFL Draft

The Carolina Panthers are officially on the clock. Stay tuned to the Scouts Inc. blog for all your NFL draft coverage. Blog

We won’t know their exact plans until the draft in late April, but it sure looks like the Falcons are doing their homework on receivers.

They reportedly will have a private workout Monday with East Carolina receiver Dwayne Harris. They also have informed officials they’ll be sending at least one representative to Cincinnati’s pro day to see receiver Vidal Hazelton, a league source said.

Harris grew up in Stone Mountain, Ga., a suburb of Atlanta, and had a huge senior season in which he had 101 catches for 1,123 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Hazleton came out of high school as one of the nation’s top prospects and went to Southern California. After leading the Trojans in receptions as a sophomore, he suffered an injury and transferred to Cincinnati to be closer to his family. His time with Cincinnati was limited because he suffered a knee injury in last year’s season opener.

Hazelton wasn’t invited to the combine, but said he expects to be fully healthy by his March 28 pro day.

I'd like for us to get a very good mid round WR (I like Tandon Doss the most) and a few late round/priority UDFA's like Rocket Lockette and Hazelton.

yea.. I think we are checking out all the mid-round WR's ... I see us getting a WR around the 3rd round.

I think Dwayne Harris can be a good slot WR but i think HD is a better version of Dwayne Harris.

Man if there looking at WR in the 3rd round I hope they look long and hard at Edmund Gates I think he's going to be a diamond in the rough this guy has the elite speed and great hands route running may need to be polished but I like what this guy could bring to the table.

Man if there looking at WR in the 3rd round I hope they look long and hard at Edmund Gates I think he's going to be a diamond in the rough this guy has the elite speed and great hands route running may need to be polished but I like what this guy could bring to the table.

The only thing is Edmund Gates will be 25 years old when the season start.. Dont get me wrong.. I like Edmund Gates...

I just have this feeling that we're going to take Vidal Hazelton later in this draft, maybe a 5th. TD has put together a very solid time, but it lacks a spark. I think Tampa GM Dominik's move of taking Mike Williams in the 4th, when everyone else had him as a non-draftable or 7th round flier, and the subsequent success Williams had and the Bucs had, certainly caught TD's eye.

Considering we've "wasted" a 3rd round pick on Chevis Jackson and 5th round picks on Robert James and William Middleton, I think TD may be willing to gamble a 5th on someone who has the same chance to not work out but a huge ceiling -- and none of those guys had big ceilings.

I like a different mid-late round receiver better, but from what the front office has been looking into I just get the feeling Hazelton will be drafted by us if we get the chance in round 5.

I just have this feeling that we're going to take Vidal Hazelton later in this draft, maybe a 5th. TD has put together a very solid time, but it lacks a spark. I think Tampa GM Dominik's move of taking Mike Williams in the 4th, when everyone else had him as a non-draftable or 7th round flier, and the subsequent success Williams had and the Bucs had, certainly caught TD's eye.

Considering we've "wasted" a 3rd round pick on Chevis Jackson and 5th round picks on Robert James and William Middleton, I think TD may be willing to gamble a 5th on someone who has the same chance to not work out but a huge ceiling -- and none of those guys had big ceilings.

I like a different mid-late round receiver better, but from what the front office has been looking into I just get the feeling Hazelton will be drafted by us if we get the chance in round 5.

I don't think Hazelton is going to be drafted. But if we don't want to fight over him as a UDFA, we can just spend one of our two 7th rounders on him. There are so many other receivers projected to go above him that I don't see us needing to use a pick higher than a 7th if we want to bring him on board. I honestly doubt he's in the Top 30 options on anyone's receiver draft board.

For a little perspective, 27 wide receivers were drafted last year -- nfldraftcountdown has Hazelton as its #37 prospect; walterfootball has Hazelton as its #45 WR prospect; cbssports has Hazelton as its #68 WR prospect.

I don't think Hazelton is going to be drafted. But if we don't want to fight over him as a UDFA, we can just spend one of our two 7th rounders on him. There are so many other receivers projected to go above him that I don't see us needing to use a pick higher than a 7th if we want to bring him on board. I honestly doubt he's in the Top 30 options on anyone's receiver draft board.

For a little perspective, 27 wide receivers were drafted last year -- nfldraftcountdown has Hazelton as its #37 prospect; walterfootball has Hazelton as its #45 WR prospect; cbssports has Hazelton as its #68 WR prospect.

I don't blindly follow other ratings. Outside of the WRs sure to be drafted in the first 3 rounds, Hazelton has more upside than anyone else in the draft at WR. He was the top WR prospect out of high school and has battled some injuries and a transfer. If he checks out medically, he can be a great addition to a team.

I firmly believe he has more potential than guys like Randall Cobb and Tandon Doss as well, but I'm not saying he'll definitely fulfill that potential. Like Mike Williams, he certainly has the ability. It's whether he checks out medically and lands in the right place. If Mike Williams was drafted by the Jets (Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery), Cowboys (Austin, Williams, Bryant), Vikings (Rice, Harvin, Berrian), Saints (Colson, Meachem, Moore), or a ton of teams with solid WR cores, Williams could have been a nothing and never made it out of training camp. He landed in the right situation where he came into a team in serious need of starting WRs -- he became the #1 guy because he was given the chance to be that guy. Hazelton could come in with the chance to be the #2 guy and he could grow into a very good WR -- potentially. Otherwise, its just another 5th rounder down the drain.

At this point, I'd rather take a risk on a guy with high upside than yet another decent player with mediocre upside and a 50/50 chance of sticking with the team.

I think Vidal and Mike Williams is 2 different situations... ... Mike Williams was a 1st round talent...Heck some had him over Dez Bryant as the most talented WR in that draft... We all knew he was going to get drafted... We just didnt know who would take that chance.... He was projected to be a 3rd or 4th round pick ... Mike Williams produced .

Vidal has some talent but dude was always hurt... He was not as talented as Mike Williams... I can see TD spending a 7th round pick on Vidal Hazelton if he has a great proday and checks out health wise .... The guy is talented and it would be a great story (GA guy wants to play for the home team), plus we need a WR.