Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polar Bear Jones

2011 players the Falcons have shown interest in

444 posts in this topic

They were on twitter without a link.

he is saying.. just throw up the twitter link so he can have a link to put on the 1st page

Here is one link

link

The Atlanta Falcons are scheduled to work out Washington State P Reid Forrest, reports Bo Marchionte, of NFLDraftBible.com.

After watching Sheard more I would definitely be against taking him in the first round. He just doesn't have first round talent and as of now doesn't appear to have a true role as a DE in the NFL imo. Idk if I would take him in the 2nd either. I'd much prefer to trade up for Aldon Smith... even Ryan Kerrigan before taking Sheard.

I dont like him a lot either. He shows flashes

I would love to have D.Moore. I watched him all the time at Tennessee coming from a true fan. He is a deep threat, he gets down field quick and has great hands

falconsforeva23 likes this

I would love to have D.Moore. I watched him all the time at Tennessee coming from a true fan. He is a deep threat, he gets down field quick and has great hands

im very high on him.... He is a big time sleeper to me

Akeem Ayers

Twitter

Akeem_Ayers

Getting ready for workout with the Atlanta falcons @SeanWSpoon56

Right now i dont think he fits our scheme (since we ask our LB to cover a lot ) ... But If BVG os going to have him blitzing alot/ rushing as a DE..... It makes since (if he wants a blitzing LB ) ... Also... If we throw in some 3-4 sets.

Ive heard some compare him to T.Sizzle

One thing i will say... We have the talent to now have a more exotic D.... With the QB;s we are facing... We cant be out there in a vanilla D...

Right now i dont think he fits our scheme (since we ask our LB to cover a lot ) ... But If BVG os going to have him blitzing alot/ rushing as a DE..... It makes since (if he wants a blitzing LB ) ... Also... If we throw in some 3-4 sets.

One thing i will say... We have the talent to now have a more exotic D.... With the QB;s we are facing... We cant be out there in a vanilla D...

If we draft Akeem Ayers I will be so pissed. He was one of the most underwhelming prospects I have watched so far. I wouldn't pick him until the 3rd round.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Nevada-TE-Virgil-Green-to-visit-Falcons-next-week.html

Virgil Green

Athletic Nevada tight end Virgil Green is scheduled to visit the Atlanta Falcons next week, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The Falcons are also conducting a private workout with Notre Dame tight end Kyle Rudolph next week.

Why all of the interest in tight ends?

Well, star tight end Tony Gonzalez is 35 and could contemplate retirement.

Green had an incredible NFL scouting combine workout, running the 40-yard dash in 4.54 seconds and posting a 42 1/2 inch vertical leap and 10-10 broad jump to lead all tight ends.

The 6-foot-3, 252-pounder followed up that performance with a sound Pro Day workout with no dropped passes.

He has conducted private workouts for several NFL teams at the sessions for Nevada standout quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Last season, Green caught 35 passes for 515 yards and five touchdowns and averaged roughly 15 yards per reception.

He's a three-year starter who's extremely durable while lacking the ideal size for the position in terms of blocking.

Last season, he was named first-team All-Western Athletic Conference.

As a junior, he was named second-team All-WAC and set career highs for receptions, yards and touchdowns.

If we draft Akeem Ayers I will be so pissed. He was one of the most underwhelming prospects I have watched so far. I wouldn't pick him until the 3rd round.

Word.

the guy has 6 career INTS..... he plays better in coverage then wat we have now, and that is an upgrade.....

the guy has 6 career INTS..... he plays better in coverage then wat we have now, and that is an upgrade.....

At least half of those INT's were made when he came off the edge as a rusher/blitzer and just got his hands up in the passing lane and caught the ball. Therefore I don't think that INT total is a very accurate representation of his ability in coverage.

At least half of those INT's were made when he came off the edge as a rusher/blitzer and just got his hands up in the passing lane and caught the ball. Therefore I don't think that INT total is a very accurate representation of his ability in coverage.

not all of them tho, and that still showed awareness to not only get his hands up, but to CATCH the ball... something we need more of on our defense.... instincts and awareness.

his profile says he plays well in coverage:

Read & React: Average instincts and is prone to biting on play-action and taking false steps on the reverse. Possesses rare agility and straight-line speed for the position, typically allowing him to make the play.

Run defense: Has size, strength and willingness to take on blockers at the point of attack. Seems to enjoy the physicality of the game, showing good upper-body strength and quick, active hands to quickly shed blocks. Unselfish defender that typically maintains gap discipline.

Pass defense: Can be fooled by play-action but is surprisingly fluid in coverage for a big linebacker. Relies too much on reading the eyes of the quarterback in coverage. Has proven to be a playmaker, but could be fooled by savvy passers at the next level. Good ball skills. Has six career interceptions, returning two for touchdowns.

Tackling: Generally a reliable tackler, leading with his shoulder or getting too high going for the highlight-reel hit and bouncing off the ballcarrier. Can improve as a wrap-up tackler. Can get a bit out of control when pursuing laterally and overrun the play, but is so long and athletic, he's usually able to trip up the ballcarrier to prevent cutback opportunities. Good effort laterally and downfield in pursuit. Good strength for the drag-down tackle. Brings his hips as a tackler, creating explosive hits to force the ball out. Has seven forced fumbles in three seasons.

Pass Rush/Blitz: One of Ayers' better areas. Good burst off the snap as a standup and hand-down rusher. Capable of crossing the face of the tackle with his explosiveness and possesses good flexibility and balance to scrape the corner and close quickly. Relies on his speed to rush the passer, showing little in terms of true pass rush technique, at this point.

Intangibles: Redshirted in 2007. Arrived at UCLA and was known as a prankster, but has matured into a team leader, according to those close to the program. Voted a team captain in 2010. Has played in all 37 games of his career … History major who earned a spot on the Honor Roll in 2007.

Compares to: D.J. Williams, Broncos - With excellent size and athleticism, Ayers could excel outside or inside in a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme if he proves to have adequate instincts at the next level

There's other draft sites out there besides DraftScout. Many don't agree with that, at least I know I don't.

I agree.. Dont think coverage is his thing.... A team like the Giants who will blitz there LB... He may fit there but i dont think he is a fit here

ChrisSteuber

#HeardThis: While we all project OLs & DLs to be drafted towards end of 1st RD, a few QBs & WRs could be hot property in 26 - 32 range.

I could see a lot of teams in the early part of Round 2 trying to trade up into the bottom part of Round 1 to select some the "second tier" QBs and WRs: Dalton, Ponder, Locker, Mallet, Smith, Baldwin, Hankerson...

Almost every team in the 33-48 range has a need at one or both of those positions, and there are only so many players to be had.

-Jerrel Jernigan, the Troy wide receiver, is set to arrive in Flowery Branch later today and will workout tomorrow.

-Clemson defensive back Marcus Gilchrist is scheduled to visit on Wednesday and Thursday.

-Georgia linebacker Akeem Dent is set to visit on Thursday.

We're showing a lot of interest in Jernigan...