Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polar Bear Jones

2011 players the Falcons have shown interest in

444 posts in this topic

North Alabama nose guard Nate Frazier has been invited to the Atlanta Falcons' local prospects day, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Frazier was a starting nose guard as a true freshman at the Naval Academy before being dismissed from the team.

"In my years here, we haven't had a nose guard like him," Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo sai at the time of Frazier's dismissal. "From a football standpoint, it's a big loss."

Frazier chose North Alabama over South Florida because he was able to play immediately.

At Navy, Frazier recorded 44 tackles, nine for losses, an interception and a fumble recovery.

The 6-foot-2, 305-pounder has 5.25 speed in the 40-yard dash.

Follow me on Twitte: RavensInsider

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/North-Alabama-DL-Nate-Frazier-invited-to-Falcons-local-prospects-day.html

This DT stuff is not good for Vance if we go that way... none of these guys are the penetrating DT's but they are the stouter DT's.

mid-late round guys.

This DT stuff is not good for Vance if we go that way... none of these guys are the penetrating DT's but they are the stouter DT's.

I like it. Vance is a solid player, but what we've been missing for several years now is a big plugger who can stand up the double team against the run. Jerry/Babs/Peters are penetrating guys(although Peters is a bit more versatile), and Davis and Jam play inside as penetrators too. We don't have a single guy on the roster who gets reps who is a big run stuffing force.

mid-late round guys.

I never thought a big DT was needed in out scheme BUT if TD and Coach Smith was ever serious about throwing in some 3-4 sets... A bigger DT would be good...

I like Vance also tho... Babs and Peria are penetrating DTs.. . Dont think Peters is as talented as a pass rusher as Babs or Peria but he is a good balanced DT.

I thought Trey Lewis would be that big DT (but not now) ... We will see what happens tho

TE Virgil Green

The Falcons do not currently have his successor on the roster, so it shouldn’t come to much of a surprise that they’re looking into a developmental tight end.

The team is expected to have TE Virgil Green (Nevada) in for a visit soon, according to a source close to the Nevada program.

He posted an unheard of 42 ½ vertical jump (best of all tight ends), as high as a 4.54 40-yard dash (best of all tight ends), 10’10” broad jump (best of all tight ends). He also finished third or fourth at his position in other drills.

I def see us getting a TE

TE Virgil Green

I def see us getting a TE

I would absolutely love it if we drafted Virgil Green.

I have the feeling that a lot of people want to label him as just a work-out warrior, but honestly that is just an added bonus. He was one of my favorite late round TE's before he went crazy in Indianapolis.

Falcons | Worked out Denarius Moore

Wed, 06 Apr 2011 06:38:51 -0700

The Atlanta Falcons recently conducted a private workout with University of Tennessee WR Denarius Moore, a source told Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com.

Kyle Rudolph has a private workout with the Falcons next week. Rudolph

Mike Muhammed (LB) had a workout with the Falcons. Projected 4th or 5th round. From twitter: AJCFalcons D. Orlando Ledbetter

Chaser?? RT @nfldraftupdate: #Cal LB Mike Mohamed worked out for the #Falcons. Varying draft projection from 4th-5th . . . #NFLdraft

41 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I know hawkeye is loving that...lol.. if TD could over look that 1 mistake.

I told ya'll already that Sheard was gonna w/o for us. I found

that out a few weeks ago. I really think he will be a Falcon.

I also said this during the season. We didn't keep going to

check Pitt out for no reason. I think it was Sheard.

I told ya'll already that Sheard was gonna w/o for us. I found

that out a few weeks ago. I really think he will be a Falcon.

I also said this during the season. We didn't keep going to

check Pitt out for no reason. I think it was Sheard.

If we trade back ..... And TD is cool with that one incident... I can see that happening

If we trade back ..... And TD is cool with that one incident... I can see that happening

Is he a good enough athlete to cause mismatches in the passing game? That's my question on Sheard.

Is he a good enough athlete to cause mismatches in the passing game? That's my question on Sheard.

I dont see him as a potential (10+ sack guy) ... But lets be real.. those type potential guys go in the top 20 (unless you find a gem) ... I do think he can be a solid all around DE .... But thats what Ray Edwards is (a high level of solid tho) ... It all depends on how he continue to develop.

This draft is deep in DDE but the guys that seem like the most talented ones will go before our pick.

I think saving an old lady from a burning building is equal to or better than punching someone because they used a racial slur against you. But maybe that's just me. ;)

I'd be quite happy with Sheard if we traded back a few spots and picked up an extra pick in the process.

I dont see him as a potential (10+ sack guy) ... But lets be real.. those type potential guys go in the top 20 (unless you find a gem) ... I do think he can be a solid all around DE .... But thats what Ray Edwards is (a high level of solid tho) ... It all depends on how he continue to develop.

This draft is deep in DDE but the guys that seem like the most talented ones will go before our pick.

That is why it makes almost no sense to trade up for a guy like Ryan Kerrigan. I have said it many times, that you should not spend a first round pick on a DE who doesn't have elite potential.

I would be ok with taking Sheard in the 2nd, Bailey in the 2nd, Romeus in the 4th, or Ricky Elmore in the 4th. Most of those solid LDE guys who are entering FA were not first round picks.

Washington State punter Reid Forrest -- has drawn most interest from Atlanta and Chicago; has private workouts scheduled with both teams.

Virginia Tech running back Ryan Williams -- has drawn the most interest from Atlanta, Cincinnati, Denver, Miami, St. Louis and Washington.

Washington State punter Reid Forrest -- has drawn most interest from Atlanta and Chicago; has private workouts scheduled with both teams.

Virginia Tech running back Ryan Williams -- has drawn the most interest from Atlanta, Cincinnati, Denver, Miami, St. Louis and Washington.

Definitely think we are considering replacing Koenen. First we signed Ken Parrish to compete with him in training camp, and now we're reported to be looking at putners.

Reid Forrest had a really nice season, and I've seen him mentioned as a Top 5 punter prospect. He could still probably be brought in as an UDFA, though... no need to draft a punter unless you want the Top 1 or 2 available.

It would be interesting to replace one punter from Western Washington with another from Washington State. :P

Also, our continued interest in Ryan Williams really makes me think we are planning to trade around because he's not good value at 27 but will definitely be gone by 59.

After watching Sheard more I would definitely be against taking him in the first round. He just doesn't have first round talent and as of now doesn't appear to have a true role as a DE in the NFL imo. Idk if I would take him in the 2nd either. I'd much prefer to trade up for Aldon Smith... even Ryan Kerrigan before taking Sheard.

Definitely think we are considering replacing Koenen. First we signed Ken Parrish to compete with him in training camp, and now we're reported to be looking at putners.

Reid Forrest had a really nice season, and I've seen him mentioned as a Top 5 punter prospect. He could still probably be brought in as an UDFA, though... no need to draft a punter unless you want the Top 1 or 2 available.

It would be interesting to replace one punter from Western Washington with another from Washington State. :P

I see us getting another punter also... In a article Ken Parrish said the falcons was not sure about there Punting situation so they brought punters in for a workout (he won) ....

I read that dude ran in the 4.6 40 at his proday... Its always nice to have a punter that can run.. Just in case

Montana/Oregon quarterback Justin Roper -- has drawn most interest from Arizona and Atlanta.

Do you have links for these two so I can update the first page.

Gabe Carimi

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wisconsin-tackle-Gabe-Carimi-to-visit-the-Falcons-Jets-next-week.html